Author Topic: How much are we going to pay our players?  (Read 33733 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How much are we going to pay our players?
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2021, 08:47:58 PM »

Okay bud, it's all yours

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2021, 01:22:14 PM »
Jackson State just flipped the #2 rated recruit in America from FSU. Rumors he's getting upwards of $1 million in NIL from Barstool Sports.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »
Prime doesn’t flip #2 recruits, he flips #1 recruits
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »
Portal Kombat PLUS NIL has drastically changed the game of recruiting and keeping players. 

NIL adds one more thing to the list of "must haves" for schools to compete (i.e. add this to the list of a good coach, nice stadium, indoor practice facility, weight room, program history and now access to good NIL deals)

Portal Kombat gives schools like us a second chance at recruiting (provided we develop a decent list of NIL sponsors).  We are a great landing place for those overrated 4 and 5 stars that are buried on the bench at Bluebood U behind better 4 and 5 stars. We have the facilities, a good coach (hopefully ) but we need NILs to keep pace, not with the Bluebloods, but with the other Top 30ish type programs.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2022, 01:15:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/1483498980000641026

But I wasn’t into A&M. First, I didn’t like their uniforms. That was a big factor for me as an 18-year-old who wanted to look cool. Second, the student body was about two-thirds male. When I visited, it seemed like there were no girls, just a bunch of dudes from the school’s Corps of Cadets in military uniforms. They didn’t even have cheerleaders; they had male “yell leaders.” It just wasn’t what I was envisioning for my college experience.

IFUCKINGKNOWRITE!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2022, 07:27:29 PM »
I'm just wondering, is there anyone on the team getting NIL money?  And if so, what are the details?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2022, 07:35:38 PM »
I'm just wondering, is there anyone on the team getting NIL money?  And if so, what are the details?

Case IH is loaning Deuce a combine.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2022, 09:47:26 PM »
I've heard Skylar doing some radio ads for Briggs or some other car dealership

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2022, 11:38:29 PM »
So basically NIL is not a part of recruiting for KSU FB or BB players.  :'bye cruel world:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2022, 07:25:54 AM »
So basically NIL is not a part of recruiting for KSU FB or BB players.  :'bye cruel world:
I've been assured paying players won't really help or hurt.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2022, 08:57:54 AM »

pretty sure he has some sort of partnership w jack stack bbq too, based off his IG

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:20 AM »

pretty sure he has some sort of partnership w jack stack bbq too, based off his IG

I believe there was something in the season where he signed a deal and part of it was a big meal for his OL. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2022, 12:59:43 PM »

First of all, technically, NIL is not a part of recruiting FB or BB players for anyone. Coaches cannot make promises about NIL when recruiting, frankly it would be dumb to do so anyway.

As far it not helping or hurting, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone that NIL has had any tangible effect on recruiting after the first NIL recruiting class.
The top 10 schools are almost exactly the same from 2021 to 2022. The most notable exception is Miami, which very much proves my point. Before NIL, Miami had the #10 recruiting class. They got the most noteworthy NIL deal, some people lost their crap about how it's going to change everything. What it changed was they went from the 10th best class pre NIL to the 48th best class after their stupid NIL deal.

BYU had the other NIL deal that got everyone all :ohno: that deal got them the 60th ranked class, two places behind Arkansas State and ten places behind known big spenders, Marshall.

Quinn Ewers got $1,000,000 from someone to go to Ohio State, he left after 4 damn months for a school that didn't publicly promise him a dime.

Caleb Williams was offered $1,000,000 from a former NFL QB to transfer to Eastern Michigan, it didn't even merit a response from him.

NIL will not be able to fix college football inequities, nor will it change the value system of the student athletes inside of it. I'd presume that none of you are for sale to the highest bidder, nor would you prostitute your child in the recruitment process to whomever flashed the most cash at them.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2022, 03:12:46 PM »

First of all, technically, NIL is not a part of recruiting FB or BB players for anyone. Coaches cannot make promises about NIL when recruiting, frankly it would be dumb to do so anyway.

As far it not helping or hurting, you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone that NIL has had any tangible effect on recruiting after the first NIL recruiting class.
The top 10 schools are almost exactly the same from 2021 to 2022. The most notable exception is Miami, which very much proves my point. Before NIL, Miami had the #10 recruiting class. They got the most noteworthy NIL deal, some people lost their crap about how it's going to change everything. What it changed was they went from the 10th best class pre NIL to the 48th best class after their stupid NIL deal.

BYU had the other NIL deal that got everyone all :ohno: that deal got them the 60th ranked class, two places behind Arkansas State and ten places behind known big spenders, Marshall.

Quinn Ewers got $1,000,000 from someone to go to Ohio State, he left after 4 damn months for a school that didn't publicly promise him a dime.

Caleb Williams was offered $1,000,000 from a former NFL QB to transfer to Eastern Michigan, it didn't even merit a response from him.

NIL will not be able to fix college football inequities, nor will it change the value system of the student athletes inside of it. I'd presume that none of you are for sale to the highest bidder, nor would you prostitute your child in the recruitment process to whomever flashed the most cash at them.

I tend to agree with you that the NIL freakout is overblown, but to suggest that this type of thing hasn't been a thing in the past... come on.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2022, 03:26:43 PM »

I am definitely for sale to the highest bidder.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2022, 03:48:31 PM »
The highest bidder has a big effect on where I work

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2022, 04:12:19 PM »

I tend to agree with you that the NIL freakout is overblown, but to suggest that this type of thing hasn't been a thing in the past... come on.

I'm not suggesting that hasn't and won't continue to happen, I'm suggesting that it happens so infrequently in the scope of the thousands of college football players that play every year, it shouldn't be discussed as if it makes any difference in who the powers of the sport are.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2022, 08:45:20 PM »
Money is what got Cam to play for Auburn and they in turn won an NC.  Neon Deon got the number two ranked QB for Jackson State, because of money.  It will make more of a difference as time rolls on.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2022, 06:45:38 AM »
Money is what got Cam to play for Auburn and they in turn won an NC.  Neon Deon got the number two ranked QB for Jackson State, because of money.  It will make more of a difference as time rolls on.
Don't be silly. Money doesn't influence people, let alone recruits on the fence between a couple schools.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2022, 11:15:47 AM »
The Mustang is uncomfortable with NIL money. So, there you have it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How much are we going to pay our players?
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2022, 11:18:08 AM »
Also, it’s apparently debatable whether these next things are related or not, but I am uncomfortable if we suck at either football or basketball.  Like, super uncomfortable with those things.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2022, 11:21:27 AM »
…again, I apologize if this is a different topic and should be in a different thread, but I would like to say that I am NOT uncomfortable with breaking any and all NCAA rules. I give zero fucks about NCAA rules and would not be upset if an administrator or coach broke them whilst improving our football and basketball teams.  Obviously, I would be less comfortable with breaking rules if we did not improve our teams.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2022, 11:33:02 AM »
:lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2022, 12:35:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/1483498980000641026

But I wasn’t into A&M. First, I didn’t like their uniforms. That was a big factor for me as an 18-year-old who wanted to look cool. Second, the student body was about two-thirds male. When I visited, it seemed like there were no girls, just a bunch of dudes from the school’s Corps of Cadets in military uniforms. They didn’t even have cheerleaders; they had male “yell leaders.” It just wasn’t what I was envisioning for my college experience.

IFUCKINGKNOWRITE!
Anybody that willingly chooses to go to a&m is a certified weirdo