Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3134211 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26425 on: February 29, 2024, 07:44:55 AM »
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/sources-kansas-lance-leipold-gets-raise-7m-year/story?id=107637872

Klieman raise incoming...

We should trust the Mustang, unless Dick Linton gets involved, then we are mumped.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26426 on: February 29, 2024, 10:11:33 AM »
Good for him. Going over .500 at KU is a monumental achievement and not one to be taken lightly.

He's managed that in one of his three seasons.  That's awesome for KU, but he would be on the hot seat at K-State. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26427 on: February 29, 2024, 10:34:25 AM »
I'm curious how LL does with his offensive staff largely gone.  I've heard he's kept that staff in tact wherever he's been so it's a bit of an unknown how much of that was him and how much was the OC.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26428 on: February 29, 2024, 12:09:35 PM »
I'm curious how LL does with his offensive staff largely gone.  I've heard he's kept that staff in tact wherever he's been so it's a bit of an unknown how much of that was him and how much was the OC.

I'm sure we'll know at the end of the upcoming season.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26429 on: February 29, 2024, 12:18:11 PM »
The staff shakeup is definitely #2 on the things to watch. #1 is whether Daniels will be healthy for the actual conference portion of the season. He's looked great against inferior teams but despite being there like 3 seasons now he's more of an unknown than Avery is.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26430 on: February 29, 2024, 12:54:48 PM »
it will also be very interesting to see how he does when he’s not living off of les miles’ players

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26431 on: February 29, 2024, 09:16:26 PM »
The staff shakeup is definitely #2 on the things to watch. #1 is whether Daniels will be healthy for the actual conference portion of the season. He's looked great against inferior teams but despite being there like 3 seasons now he's more of an unknown than Avery is.

Based purely on recruiting rankings, their QB room is pretty bad with the exception of their incoming true freshman. But, even if their next-in-line QB outperforms the rankings, there's nobody near Bean's capabilities to save them if Daniels goes down again.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

Based purely on recruiting rankings, their QB room is pretty bad with the exception of their incoming true freshman. But, even if their next-in-line QB outperforms the rankings, there's nobody near Bean's capabilities to save them if Daniels goes down again.

This may not be the place, but that reminds me to ask about the gameworthiness of Barnett, Knuth, and Simoncic if AJ gets hurt?

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I thought Ballard did ok for a freshman getting thrown into action unexpectedly.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

I thought Ballard did ok for a freshman getting thrown into action unexpectedly.

Agreed
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

This may not be the place, but that reminds me to ask about the gameworthiness of Barnett, Knuth, and Simoncic if AJ gets hurt?

I believe the plan this off season is for AJ to put in between 90 - 115 lbs so I’m not to worried about him being injured

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I believe the plan this off season is for AJ to put in between 90 - 115 lbs

pfft

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
I feel bad for our Jayhawk brothers in this prospective conference realignment with 48 super teams:

https://www.on3.com/news/how-would-a-college-football-super-league-look/

K-State would be in the SEC Southwest division, our Jayhawk brothers are left out. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Please keep us up to speed if this has (or will) hit Phogistan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
In that scenario I would bet we use our status as a name brand to force them to let us bring ku