Author Topic: Happy "retirement" oscar, now let's find your replacement  (Read 17675 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Happy "retirement" oscar, now let's find your replacement
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2021, 10:52:24 PM »
Apparently he may be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2021, 11:02:36 PM »
How rich is Carl Ice?  I know he is wealthy but not like Mark Cuban rich right?

Some of K-State's biggest donors are hard to track because they work for, own, partner in or run private entities. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2021, 11:07:28 PM »
Train barons have done well historically
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2021, 12:03:26 AM »
There's currently a rumor out there that oscar was retiring, agreed on extended by out and things similar to Snyder, and it was a done deal. Then Carl Ice came in and told oscar not to retire....

And those same people are also saying Carl will be the one to bring Brad. They act like they all have sources as well.

lol, okay

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2021, 12:10:23 AM »
How rich is Carl Ice?  I know he is wealthy but not like Mark Cuban rich right?

Not sure of net worth but he has been the CEO of BNSF RR for the last 10 years. I'm sure Warren Buffet has taken good care of him.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2021, 09:37:10 AM »

so i guess carl ice is james franco in this memealogy

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2021, 09:37:33 AM »
There's currently a rumor out there that oscar was retiring, agreed on extended by out and things similar to Snyder, and it was a done deal. Then Carl Ice came in and told oscar not to retire....

And those same people are also saying Carl will be the one to bring Brad. They act like they all have sources as well.

lol, okay

I laughed at the first part many times. Then the more I thought about it, it kind of made sense. They want to either pay the money for Brad and deal with the optics issues, or oscar returns without paying him to leave/dealing with the blow back.

(I'm team anyone but oscar if the transfers continue, but if this rumor is true, I kind of like it)

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2021, 09:41:36 AM »
If it happens like that can we safely deduce that Illinois is a stepping stone job for KSU? I mean two in a row and all

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2021, 10:01:50 AM »
What if the squawks steal Brad?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2021, 10:12:07 AM »
What if the squawks steal Brad?

If Brad is willing to go to KU then it's pretty safe to say that we either mumped it up or he was never loyal enough to leave Illinois for us anyways.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2021, 10:19:41 AM »
lmao at any of this. Prove me wrong Carl!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2021, 10:31:28 AM »

Yeah, this is the stupidest things k-state fans have ever flirted with believing.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »

Yeah, this is the stupidest things k-state fans have ever flirted with believing.

Dare to dream iyam.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2021, 10:49:27 AM »

You haven't been in tune w/ K-State fans for very long then.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2021, 11:27:27 AM »
Remember when it was crazy to dream that we would fire Wooly then hire Huggins who would bring in the GRCOAT?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2021, 11:45:21 AM »
Semi-disgraced Bob Huggins not very similar to Brad "about to go to the final four" Underwood who we completely mumped over a few years back.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
imo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2021, 11:48:42 AM »

lol, okay

I laughed at the first part many times. Then the more I thought about it, it kind of made sense. They want to either pay the money for Brad and deal with the optics issues, or oscar returns without paying him to leave/dealing with the blow back.

(I'm team anyone but oscar if the transfers continue, but if this rumor is true, I kind of like it)

The silliest part about this incredibly silly scenario is that oscar wanted to retire but a donor convinced him not to. Like how did that work? oscar wanted to retire so badly that he apparently told his boss and donors that he wanted to do so, then he was talked out of retiring without the need for a new contract or anything?
I'm retiring.
No please don't.
Why not?
Because.
Okay, I won't retire
Like this doesn't make sense at all. If he wants to retire I don't know why anyone would talk him out of retirement, or if he wanted to retire why he'd listen.

I actually do believe him when he said he hadn't thought about retiring. I don't think he's capable of stone cold lying. I think if he had he would have fumbled the answer like he did when he was asked about Antonio Gordon.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2021, 11:50:45 AM »
Semi-disgraced Bob Huggins not very similar to Brad "about to go to the final four" Underwood who we completely mumped over a few years back.

lol, how did we eff over Underwood? When was the last time we hired a basketball head coach without any D1 head coaching experience? I would have to be well before any of us were alive.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
Underwood was completely obtainable before he took the Illinois job. He still likes us.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2021, 12:10:53 PM »

lol, okay

The silliest part about this incredibly silly scenario is that oscar wanted to retire but a donor convinced him not to. Like how did that work? oscar wanted to retire so badly that he apparently told his boss and donors that he wanted to do so, then he was talked out of retiring without the need for a new contract or anything?
I'm retiring.
No please don't.
Why not?
Because.
Okay, I won't retire
Like this doesn't make sense at all. If he wants to retire I don't know why anyone would talk him out of retirement, or if he wanted to retire why he'd listen.

I actually do believe him when he said he hadn't thought about retiring. I don't think he's capable of stone cold lying. I think if he had he would have fumbled the answer like he did when he was asked about Antonio Gordon.

First, I don't think anyone is saying oscar "wanted so badly" to retire, but they're claiming an agreement was in place to be fired/retired. Second, oscar and Carl are supposedly close friends and Carl may have told oscar not to retire unless a plan (only Brad w/ keeping some staff) is in place? Seems pretty weird either way, but I wouldn't say "silly".

I honestly don't know.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »

lol, how did we eff over Underwood? When was the last time we hired a basketball head coach without any D1 head coaching experience? I would have to be well before any of us were alive.

Maybe hyperbole, but he deserved an interview.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »

Frank Martin

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2021, 12:50:32 PM »

Frank Martin

lol, yeah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »

Maybe hyperbole, but he deserved an interview.

I'm assuming that you're referring to 2012, and I really don't think Currie wanted anything to do with Frank Martin or his staff. Considering the circumstances of how Frank left, interviewing Brad would have been folly.