Author Topic: What's your K-State FB outlook?  (Read 11802 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: What's your K-State FB outlook?
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2021, 07:26:27 AM »
Known dumbass, MIR, tells a different story not so long ago. Now Iowa is #2 in the big 10.

I'm not gonna make too many excuses for our recruiting but Iowa carries more cache than kstate dudes.

No it doesn't. If it does, it shouldn't. How many coaches in this country are scared of being out recruited by Iowa? lol, Iowa.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2021, 08:02:46 AM »
Iowa was Big 10 co-champs 17 years ago, so that carries a lot of weight in 2021 recruiting cycles.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2021, 08:24:36 AM »
They are absolutely whipping ass on the recruiting trail. Them are facts.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2021, 09:25:05 AM »
The larger point is the belief that we are constantly getting our asses kicked in recruiting is stupid, especially given we just landed the second highest profile high school recruit in high school history.

Unless there is anyone who can point to something specifically this kid has said that our staff screwed up, melting down about some three star tweener, guy has like four different positions listed, from Lansing who we actually offered and recruited , is really stupid. I get the meltdowns when we were losing kids we were barely recruiting, I did it for years. Hopefully Breece Hall is the last in state kid we can lose our crap over not landing because the staff didn't try hard enough. Those people at KSO, and frankly some here, need to understand that just because the staff really wants a kid, and we really love K-State, doesn't mean that they are going to end up here. I spent mu whole life convinced that I was going to OU, a girl is the reason I ended up at K-State and it turned out to be the second best thing that ever happened to me. If that girl wanted to go to Pitt St., I was going to Pitt St.

Acting like this or any staff are failures because they unsuccessfully tried to get a 17 year old kid to go somewhere is really clownish.
I don't think they're failures.  I just don't think they're very good recruiters.  I don't think they're doing a good enough job recruiting if we want to be in the consistent 7-10 win range.  When you're losing the vast majority of head-to-heads against other regional power-5 programs (i.e. Iowa State, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma State) it's going to be awfully hard -- though not impossible. 

Maybe if they keep developing their assess off and keep proving their coaching chops, their pitches will carry more cache, but eventually it becomes a chicken or the egg thing.

FWIW, I was looking at this the other day, but in Prince's final recruiting class, he pulled in 4 four star recruits.  How many years will CK be K-State's coach before he gets his fourth 4 star?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2021, 09:33:10 AM »
Who were the 4 star recruits in his last class?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2021, 09:42:52 AM »
Who were the 4 star recruits in his last class?
Daniel Thomas
Daniel Calvin
Ulla Pomele
Aubrey Quarles

He also had 3 4 stars the year before:

Lamark
Gary Chandler
Smoke Patterson

2 before that
Freemaw
James Johnson

Multiple 4 stars in every class.  Obviously they had varying degrees of success, but still, almost all of them (Quarles and Pomele notwithstanding) were relatively high-profile regional recruits. 

Prince's classes (including the 4 stars) were very juco heavy, and included plenty of misses, so not all rainbows and sunshine.  But the point remains that elite regional talent has been willing to come to K-State outside of DOD years. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2021, 09:58:26 AM »
4 Star Juco players from that Era are not equal to HS 4 star players of today IMO.  I’m not even sure they give 4 stars to juco players anymore.  Not to say Prince couldn’t recruit I just think it’s apples to oranges.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:41 AM »
CK and prince have lots of similarities

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2021, 10:08:43 AM »
CK and prince have lots of similarities
lol. Nah. One lost a Senior QB due to a season ending injury during a pandemic, with pandemic issues affecting the roster on game day and the other underachieved with an overrated QB, losing to KU, MU, and Nebraska every year of his tenure. Stay mad tho.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »
4 Star Juco players from that Era are not equal to HS 4 star players of today IMO.  I’m not even sure they give 4 stars to juco players anymore.  Not to say Prince couldn’t recruit I just think it’s apples to oranges.
They do give out 4 stars to juco kids.  And I agree that in most situations, all else being equal, give me the 4 star high school kid.  But OTOH, i'd take four star Jordan Mako in a heartbeat, nahmsayin'?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2021, 10:11:56 AM »
This last season is an easy mulligan for me. I still like our coach and think he's doing a solid job. If Klieman misses a bowl game this year I am probably going to want him fired, though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2021, 10:16:46 AM »
This last season is an easy mulligan for me. I still like our coach and think he's doing a solid job. If Klieman misses a bowl game this year I am probably going to want him fired, though.
Me too re. last season.  Really tough break (so to speak) with Skylar.  I expect us to be pretty good this year, but us failing (/refusing?) to do more to supplement the WR/LB positions via transfer (or Juco the last two years) are eye-brow raising to me.  Particularly with LBs, if they go out there and stink up the joint, that's on nobody but CK, imo.  We've had plenty of time to avoid this slowly moving oncoming train that makes Cody Fletcher our best linebacker.

But if they go out there and play fine, then good on CK.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:00 AM »
They do give out 4 stars to juco kids.  And I agree that in most situations, all else being equal, give me the 4 star high school kid.  But OTOH, i'd take four star Jordan Mako in a heartbeat, nahmsayin'?

I’ll be damned, forgot about that kid.   Yea that would have been a really nice pickup.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:58 AM »

I’ll be damned, forgot about that kid.   Yea that would have been a really nice pickup.
I would've been JUICED about that.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2021, 10:22:13 AM »
I was unaware that Josh Freeman was overrated. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »
I was unaware that Josh Freeman was overrated.
Well, now you're aware.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2021, 10:25:17 AM »
Is this some weird "17th pick in the draft as a junior shouldn't have been a 4 star recruit" thing?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2021, 10:27:28 AM »
Is this some weird "17th pick in the draft as a junior shouldn't have been a 4 star recruit" thing?
That and also the losing record, etc. thing. I'm pretty woke when it comes to Freeman on here. Too busy smoking heaters and passing out on frat pool tables the night before games.  :bang:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:30:41 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2021, 10:31:46 AM »
Anyways, Sky is wearing number 7 this year. Shits about to get real!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2021, 10:36:55 AM »
First 23 games: Kli vs. Prince

Prince: 12-11
23rd game: 31-73 LOSS
Ended year 2 on 4 game losing streak (outscored 112-198, average 22pt loss pg)
Bowl record: 0-1

Kli: 12-11
23rd game: 31-69 LOSS
Ended year 2 on 5 game losing streak (outscored 90-203, average 23pt loss pg)
Bowl record: 0-1

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2021, 10:41:22 AM »
Now do the pandemic and losing your senior QB to injury numbers and not having an off season to work with your new Freshman QB. It's a weak take, but it's some team #BID'rs love to make, when pouting about last season.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2021, 10:42:49 AM »
Now do the pandemic and losing your senior QB to injury numbers and not having an off season to work with your new Freshman QB. It's a weak take, but it's some team #BID'rs love to make, when pouting about last season.

Wait, what? I'm just pointing out results that are crazy similar.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2021, 10:46:17 AM »
I'm just really glad we didn't give Ron an extension when he had a 10-7 record and had just beat #7 Texas.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2021, 10:50:24 AM »
4 OOC games (should have) helped, but when you get blown out by Fresno State, hard to tell, really.

I wonder what Prince's record would have been if Freeman went down in the 2007 San Jose State game.

Prince was a horrible coach, and I'm not stumping for him at all.  My only point was that it's possible for K-State to attract better talent even when we're not whipping total ass on the field like we were in the 90s and early 00s.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:53:27 AM by DQ12 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2021, 10:53:08 AM »
I'm just really glad we didn't give Ron an extension when he had a 10-7 record and had just beat #7 Texas.
P5 schools weren’t reaching out to him, trying to get him to jump ship. Remember when Ron beat Texas and then turned around the next week and lost at KU? Lol