Author Topic: Farmageddon Thread  (Read 20603 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Farmageddon Thread
« Reply #425 on: November 26, 2023, 11:16:48 AM »
Not sure I personally know any ISU fans, but if I had any try to trash talk me I would just congratulate them on one of their most successful seasons under Campbell.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 26, 2023, 01:42:34 PM »
They had our defensive signals. So did ku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds plausible.  Our defense was out of position on their big plays, and they had a lot of big plays.  Have never even heard of 4 rushing TD's of 70+ yards in a game, much less being accompanied by two long passing TD's.  Something was way wrong with that game, I just attributed it to messy defensive play-calling and use of lower string DB's.  Maybe you're right. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 26, 2023, 01:55:51 PM »
They had our defensive signals. So did ku.

That sounds plausible.  Our defense was out of position on their big plays, and they had a lot of big plays.  Have never even heard of 4 rushing TD's of 70+ yards in a game, much less being accompanied by two long passing TD's.  Something was way wrong with that game, I just attributed it to messy defensive play-calling and use of lower string DB's.  Maybe you're right.

It's not plausible and we weren't out of position. We make defense audibles from the formation, they weren't changing our changes.

On the game winning play, we had 5 defenders on two offensive players along with the sideline as a 6th defender. The Iowa State wide receiver blocked two defenders, Noel beat the other three and stayed in bounds. We had multiple plays where we needed a defender to make a one-on-one play and we didn't do it.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2023, 02:58:14 PM »
wonder how far we were from kRusty getting called the n-word last night

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 26, 2023, 03:03:54 PM »
I did not watch any of this game so the kRusty drama was quite the surprise to see in the morning.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #430 on: November 26, 2023, 03:10:16 PM »
None of that was real drama

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
You're not real

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »
That was the closest thing I've seen to some kickball in a hot minute
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2023, 03:25:30 PM »
You're not real
Maybe so maybe not.

But my love is.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 26, 2023, 05:28:10 PM »
You can’t just roll out the motorized brushes and plows on a FieldTurf field. It’s artificial grass, not short pile carpet posing as “turf”.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 26, 2023, 06:55:29 PM »
We had multiple plays where we needed a defender to make a one-on-one play and we didn't do it.

These ono-on-one plays were in the secondary.  Defenses are set up to prevent the necessity of one-on-one plays in the secondary.  Yeah, the guy that got the last touchdown was not in a one-on-one situation, he did make a hell of a play.  I get your point that Iowa State made plays, but it's baffling that they had so many big plays of 50+ yards going for touchdowns (wasn't all their touchdowns on 50+ yard plays, or close to it?).  I've never seen that in ANY game, much less a K-State game where the Cats couldn't put a stop to big plays.  Something was goofy.  You're welcome to claim that Iowa State just played that exceptionally well, I just think there's more to it than that. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 26, 2023, 07:34:14 PM »
Something was goofy.  You're welcome to claim that Iowa State just played that exceptionally well, I just think there's more to it than that.

There were 8 inches of snow! Made it extra goofy!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 26, 2023, 10:02:11 PM »
I kept thinking about that game where we didn't bring the longer cleats with us. Which game was that?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 26, 2023, 10:06:54 PM »
I kept thinking about that game where we didn't bring the longer cleats with us. Which game was that?

I think that was ku

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 26, 2023, 10:15:39 PM »
Ron Prince Texas Bowl versus Rutgers

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 26, 2023, 10:55:20 PM »
We had multiple plays where we needed a defender to make a one-on-one play and we didn't do it.

These ono-on-one plays were in the secondary. 

Nope. The two Noel TD catches, yeah, he's a receiver. On all three Sama runs there was a missed tackle in the backfield. The first one we walked up Kobe Savage in run support, he was one on one with Sama right on the line and he whiffed. There was no safety back so once he didn't even slow Sama down, he was gone. The second long run Sama broke two tackles in the backfield from both Mott and Romaine. The third touchdown he was one on one with #myguy Austin Moore.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/iowa-state-cyclones-vs-kansas-state-wildcats-nov-25-2023-game-boxscore-39343

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2023, 11:01:56 PM »

Their defense had the same issues, it's why neither team had anything close to resembling a pass rush. The difference was two things. 1. Noel was fast enough to get away from our receivers. Our receivers are prone to getting slowed down by jersey pulls because we're to small and not fast enough. 2. They are much better tacklers than we are. It's why we constantly had long drives, they really couldn't stop us but they were great at not letting 4 yard gains become 70 yard touchdowns. There wasn't a shoe in the world that was going to help any defense in those conditions. That snow was crazy deep but there was also ice on the turf under the snow.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 26, 2023, 11:17:45 PM »

That was KU at ... Iowa State. Forgot to bring our snow cleats.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 27, 2023, 08:42:29 AM »
it was the snow. i don't know exactly what about the snow mumped us up so much, but i'm confident (for no good reason) that the game is completely different without snow. which is stupid and not a valid excuse. what a hilarious game.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 27, 2023, 09:09:20 AM »

Something during the Ron Prince Love Sweepstakes years. Thinking maybe the Texas bowl vs Syracuse, but that was in NRG.  Maybe Rutgers in the Pinstripe, or at Louisville.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 27, 2023, 09:13:31 AM »

Something during the Ron Prince Love Sweepstakes years. Thinking maybe the Texas bowl vs Syracuse, but that was in NRG.  Maybe Rutgers in the Pinstripe, or at Louisville.

as tdaver said it was definitely the Texas Bowl vs. Rutgers. I think Prince blamed the equipment team after the game?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 27, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »
yes, Shorty was the fall guy iirc

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 27, 2023, 10:10:04 AM »
it was the snow. i don't know exactly what about the snow mumped us up so much, but i'm confident (for no good reason) that the game is completely different without snow. which is stupid and not a valid excuse. what a hilarious game.

I think you have good reason to think it would have been completely different when you consider going into that game we had given up a total of 4 70+ yard plays since 2020. Giving up 4 in a game plus a 60 yarder is rough ridin' wild

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 27, 2023, 10:18:23 AM »
I think it was the worst single game, play for play performance in the history of K-State from a PPP/YPP perspective.  ~1.2 PPP and ~14 YPP is unreal. 

Usually, you never seen those kinds of numbers for an entire game because if a team is hitting those numbers at any point, then there's usually garbage time and pulled starters involved that will bring the numbers back to earth.  But that continuing over the course of the entire game (because, in part, our offense kept up and we won the turnover battle) is astonishing.  That we only lost by one score while giving up 1.2 ppp is insane -- that may be the first time in FBS history that's happened.

I wonder when was the last time any team gave up 1.2 ppp and 14 ypp.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 27, 2023, 10:44:06 AM »

These ono-on-one plays were in the secondary.  Defenses are set up to prevent the necessity of one-on-one plays in the secondary.  Yeah, the guy that got the last touchdown was not in a one-on-one situation, he did make a hell of a play.  I get your point that Iowa State made plays, but it's baffling that they had so many big plays of 50+ yards going for touchdowns (wasn't all their touchdowns on 50+ yard plays, or close to it?).  I've never seen that in ANY game, much less a K-State game where the Cats couldn't put a stop to big plays.  Something was goofy.  You're welcome to claim that Iowa State just played that exceptionally well, I just think there's more to it than that.
What was up with the play where it looked like our defender was playing two hand touch with Sama and then fell to the turf after incorrectly calculating that he could knock Sama down with just a firm shove? Some sort of weird equal and opposite reaction thing going on. Just a very, very weird game for the defense. Also, the offense would run crappy plays on first and second down and then we would miraculously convert 3rd/4th down and long. Seems like it happened a lot. One of the weirdest Cat football games I've ever watched. Up there with 2010 aTm in terms of weird, unexpected things happening.