Author Topic: the post-trump gop  (Read 17865 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: the post-trump gop
« Reply #525 on: April 09, 2021, 11:38:08 AM »
I know that's hard for some of you pretend republicans to hear, but you know it's true.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline turnbull

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 09, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
the GOP went conspiracy theory for decades now....it has lied to its voters so much and drove them so crazy that they are no longer able to distinguish the truth...they speak 1984 but i'm quite sure they dont get it.......they turned politics into a football game...it doesnt matter that they would kill 500k of our citizens by lying about a pandemic....it only matters that "Obama wore a tan suit"....blow the race horn (the majority black cities in PA, GA, WI, and MI were the fraud!!!...though they didnt saying anything about AZ wonder why) and you'll have the morons line up to vote for them....people believe the GOP is good for the economy...under the last 32 years...33 million jobs for the Democrats...2 million for the GOP......adds on massive debt and deficits...then tries to drive the US over the cliff when they aren't in power....not to mention lying to get into the iraq war....fake patriotism...the GOP and russia have 1 goal...end the USA...anyone who says differently is just staring at the train tracks saying...well it isnt me on that train
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:52:56 AM by turnbull »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2021, 11:57:37 AM »
The next midterm election is gonna be very interesting. It’ll give us a good indication of if the GOP is Maga or Q. If it’s Q, I don’t see how the party recovers.

Offline turnbull

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 09, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »
Thanks to the extreme Gerrymandering the GOP is going to do (they've flat out said this)...they'll easily win the house and most state legs even if losing the popular vote of house seats by 20 million or so.....(after which they'll say Democrat votes are worth 3/5th one of their votes (for integrity only though as they like to say))...and thanks to general patterns the senate is likely lost for the Democrats.....and due to this...say Biden or Harris win in 24 the GOP will just refuse to certify the results...kick it to the House of Reps which they'll easily control due to the Gerrymander and complete their insurrection/destruction dreams of the USA>.....honestly ask most GOP people this...are you more mad January 6th happened in Washington....or that it failed.....most heistate and dont want to admit it's that it failed.

The next midterm election is gonna be very interesting. It’ll give us a good indication of if the GOP is Maga or Q. If it’s Q, I don’t see how the party recovers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:06:13 PM by turnbull »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 09, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »
I think if people changed their party affiliation based upon how their beliefs align with what the parties are pushing at this current moment, you would see many jump from the GOP.  A lot of registered Pubs are holding strong hoping they get away from MAGA....but instead the party looks to be doubling down on the MAGA values.  More people should consider themselves unaffiliated.

You would think if many changed to unaffiliated each party would be forced to shift closer to center.   :dunno:
I’m not changing. I’ll just vote for Ben Sasse and Ben Sasse Adjac people on the NE ticket and be mad when they lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 09, 2021, 12:36:26 PM »
We've been heading this direction for quite a while.

Boehner reflects that even after becoming speaker, he saw where the party was going. He calls 2008 GOP vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin “one of the chief crazies”
Boehner says he was already living in “Crazytown,” and “when I took the Speaker’s gavel in 2011, two years into the Obama presidency, I became its mayor. Crazytown was populated by jackasses, and media hounds, and some normal citizens as baffled as I was about how we got trapped inside the city walls. Every second of every day since Barack Obama became president I was fighting one bats — t idea after another.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/john-boehner-book/2021/04/08/3316e808-9877-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html

True words and definitely nails IMO the beginning of the path the decided to take. There was a lot with Ronny in the 80s, Gingrich in the 90s about who they wanted to pander to but Palin 100% was they decided to just come out in the open with it. The whole "Joe Six Pack" and "mama grizzly" was just scratching the surface of the trailer park trash maga q people were out there.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 09, 2021, 12:58:14 PM »
A rando in the latest HBO W doc had a throw away line that seems most likely to me:

He said something about how he thinks Q will take over the GOP and the Democratic Party will become the old pubs.

We've been heading this direction for quite a while.
Hope this gets expedited, and the green party gets momentum. Let the moderates hang out with their pub pals and they can all :jerk: to the status quo and American Exceptionalism.

Offline memphis

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 09, 2021, 01:00:58 PM »
The recapturing of recent events layed out in there is somewhat helpful.

“Republicans see the turnout numbers for Trump and their increased advantage in the Senate and Electoral College and conclude that a juiced GOP turnout plus minority rule model is the best path forward,” Miller said. “And that requires not doing anything to alienate Trump voters, which would be the natural outcome of an autopsy.” 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-republican-party-isnt-rebranding-after-2020/

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2021, 09:42:40 AM »
A christie v. desantis v. trump would be too great to imagine

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2021, 12:12:37 PM »
Those two would beta up to trump so fast. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2021, 12:18:13 PM »
Those two would beta up to trump so fast.

probably but maybe not?  Maybe they would look at all of his whining/crying and the whole Q stuff his camp believes and try and slug it out with him?

Offline Chingon

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:00 PM »
Yeah they'll both wait to see if Trump runs or not before deciding anything.  If he runs they obvs don't.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 21, 2021, 12:24:36 PM »
You think Desantis is that massive of a coward?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 21, 2021, 12:42:36 PM »
If Q was smart, and he has to be, he could make a lot of money this coming cycle.  It wouldn't take too many drops to kill Don's complete unquestioning following and break up that block. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 21, 2021, 01:01:53 PM »
If Q was smart, and he has to be, he could make a lot of money this coming cycle.  It wouldn't take too many drops to kill Don's complete unquestioning following and break up that block.

He needs those idiots.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2021, 01:05:26 PM »
If Florida Man hired Ron Watkins as a political consultant, and Q dropped a few vague things about Florida Man being the new heavy weight in overtaking the controls of the space lasers and then using them to space zap child eaters and lizard people, Florida Man would steal enough trumpers to kill trumps shot.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 04, 2021, 10:08:25 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 04, 2021, 10:12:48 AM »
As bad as all this is, I'm REALLY glad that Trump isn't younger than he is.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 04, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »
Maybe if Trump doesn't run, all of the MAGA people will split the vote and Cheney can get the nomination.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 04, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
Maybe if Trump doesn't run, all of the MAGA people will split the vote and Cheney can get the nomination.

she's not going to run for president, if that's what you're alluding to.  per that tweet, she appears to be losing her house position and i'd guess it's 50:50 at best if she can retain her seat.
"a lot of political rhetoric is picking a slice of "elites" and positioning yourselves against them."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 04, 2021, 07:49:01 PM »
Vote for Liz Cheney:  The latest ProgFascist Hero

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 04, 2021, 07:52:46 PM »
Dax who is the best representation of your political views right now? Like, just say some politicians name.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 04, 2021, 08:03:41 PM »
Dax who is the best representation of your political views right now? Like, just say some politicians name.

I can't really say, I think they all pretty much suck in their on way.

I'm mainly following this clown car executive branch right now.   Which I know all ProgFascists and Fake Centrists will say is doing a great job.   So don't even bother.

They're a crap show without the intense media coverage and hourly ProgFascist meltdowns with #blueanon conspiratorial follow-ons about everything.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 04, 2021, 08:07:00 PM »
Mine is Ben Sasse