Author Topic: 9/29 debate thread  (Read 8713 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 9/29 debate thread
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2020, 06:46:58 AM »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/rembert/status/1311121763409956867
If the the visit we had from my in-laws last weekend is any indication of what is in store during the upcoming holiday season, yes.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 09:32:20 AM »
That was like when your parents are arguing or a friends parents arguing in front of you and you just wanting to get outta there

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »
That was like when your parents are arguing or a friends parents arguing in front of you and you just wanting to get outta there

yes, and then one says something really racist

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2020, 09:36:56 AM »
I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump's law and order talk plays really well in a lot of suburbs based on nextdoor conversations in my suburb.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 09:43:54 AM »
So very sad.  Best quote I’ve seen regarding this debate is “Canada is living above a meth lab.”
I think this is exactly what Trump's team wants. The idea that it was a total shitshow so each side is equally bad.

That would be stupid because they are behind. I think no one can control Trump, he just goes with his gut, and his gut is full of Breitbart and Fox News.

I agree with this.  All he was doing was making the hardest of the hard core Trump fans happy which won't help him at all.  It was incredibly embarrassing.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2020, 09:47:56 AM »

So very sad.  Best quote I’ve seen regarding this debate is “Canada is living above a meth lab.”
I think this is exactly what Trump's team wants. The idea that it was a total shitshow so each side is equally bad.

That would be stupid because they are behind. I think no one can control Trump, he just goes with his gut, and his gut is full of Breitbart and Fox News.

I agree with this.  All he was doing was making the hardest of the hard core Trump fans happy which won't help him at all.  It was incredibly embarrassing.

Yoga's post illustrates what I'm getting at. Trump can't get any lower but he's making Joe look a lot worse and I think it'll make a lot of casual voters get disgusted with those dang politicians and not want to participate.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »

Yoga's post illustrates what I'm getting at. Trump can't get any lower but he's making Joe look a lot worse and I think it'll make a lot of casual voters get disgusted with those dang politicians and not want to participate.

I get what you're saying and I guess there is some truth to that to unfortunately.  The number of people who actually were saying Biden was rude by calling Trump names on my social feeds was mind blowing.  I just don't see how that will work with the undecided. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2020, 10:01:57 AM »
I get what you're saying and I guess there is some truth to that to unfortunately.  The number of people who actually were saying Biden was rude by calling Trump names on my social feeds was mind blowing.  I just don't see how that will work with the undecided. 

it will make them not want to vote at all

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 10:03:20 AM »
I dunno.  For a dude with a stuttering disability I think he hung in there well.  Getting bullied and interrupted on national television can't make public speaking easy let alone have a stuttering disability.  I hope people understand that.  I think it will get overlooked that he is "sleepy" and "unresponsive", but being slow and patient is how people who stutter suppress it.     
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

I don't know why that would dissuade more potential Biden voters than potential Trump voters, especially enough to make up the margin.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 10:29:32 AM »
I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump's law and order talk plays really well in a lot of suburbs based on nextdoor conversations in my suburb.

Trump polled worse following law and order ads targeted at suburbs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 10:30:49 AM »
I don't know why that would dissuade more potential Biden voters than potential Trump voters, especially enough to make up the margin.

potential trump voters won't be dissuaded because that was just normal Trump without surprises

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 10:31:21 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »

Can guarantee my MAGA in-laws were shocked and horrified by Biden's lack of respect.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2020, 10:33:18 AM »

potential trump voters won't be dissuaded because that was just normal Trump without surprises

also Biden's main pitch is basically "let's be civil"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2020, 10:37:34 AM »
the proud boy thing was very wtf

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »

I get what you're saying and I guess there is some truth to that to unfortunately.  The number of people who actually were saying Biden was rude by calling Drumpf names on my social feeds was mind blowing.  I just don't see how that will work with the undecided.
Can guarantee my MAGA in-laws were shocked and horrified by Biden's lack of respect.

That is pretty loller given the way trump operates. It's a weird double standard to uphold.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2020, 10:42:07 AM »
here's a sample from facebook of people I would consider "casual" and basically never post about politics. Basically no one except hardcore libs pointed out that it was Trump being a mess who refused to disavow white supremacy again.

Do you ever get the feeling the rest of the world is laughing at us?

Is it to late to use the sound proof booth in this crap show?

I only watched for 30 minutes before I went back to Schitts Creek. Seemed like similar story lines and Schitts Creek was way funnier.

Sorry to all the parents who’s children saw that.

I practiced “self care” last night and went to bed at 9:15.   Sounds like it was a wise choice.

One of my sons just asked... “Is this for real? Are they serious?”

I wish Facebook had a "snooze button" that wasn't just for 30 days, but one for "until after the election".

and I think this one was the worst

I’ve found the days I write down 3 things I’m thankful for it personally makes me feel happier and have a more positive outlook on life.  So over the next 4 weeks I’m going to share some of those on FB along with a puppy photo.
🐶 Today I’m thankful for in 4 weeks these little nuggets will create significant joy in 5 different families’ lives.  Each family member’s happiness will domino effect onto all the people they interact with in the following months. Thus these 5 pups will create 100’s of positive impacts way beyond our reach, no matter the outcome of Nov. 3rd. The second and third things are Winnie and Lola our furry family members that help create these nuggets.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2020, 10:54:19 AM »
What is bad about the last one?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »
I never post about politics but last night I did feel obliged to point out that trump is walter matthau and biden is jack lemmon. this third grumpy old men movie wasn't as good as the first two

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »
What is bad about the last one?

They don't care about the outcome of the election because there are bad people on both sides

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2020, 10:57:18 AM »
That was not my takeaway at all

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2020, 10:57:44 AM »
That was not my takeaway at all
maybe she's a dog breeder?  :dunno:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2020, 11:04:14 AM »
Yeah, it was about how in 4 weeks the puppies will be distributed to some families (they are probably 2-4 weeks old right now) and will provide a domino effect of joy. A little naive hippy mentality, but whatever. It's a positive message.