Author Topic: 9/29 debate thread  (Read 8759 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 9/29 debate thread
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2020, 11:20:11 AM »
I don't know why that would dissuade more potential Biden voters than potential Trump voters, especially enough to make up the margin.

potential trump voters won't be dissuaded because that was just normal Trump without surprises

Potential Biden voters will be energized to vote against Trump because they don't like normal Trump. What I'm saying is that I'm not seeing asymmetry in the strategy. The strategy is ultimately just more of the same.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2020, 11:24:38 AM »
I just assume anyone who is still undecided is voting for Trump or not voting.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2020, 11:28:02 AM »

I get what you're saying and I guess there is some truth to that to unfortunately.  The number of people who actually were saying Biden was rude by calling Drumpf names on my social feeds was mind blowing.  I just don't see how that will work with the undecided.
Can guarantee my MAGA in-laws were shocked and horrified by Biden's lack of respect.

That is pretty loller given the way trump operates. It's a weird double standard to uphold.
They get very upset when reporters (especially non-male, non-white reporters) don't show Dear Leader proper respect and deference. Not that they would ever tune into FAKENEWS like PBS NewsHour but I think watching Yamiche direct "nasty questions" toward Trump would cause them to keel over.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
Just watched the cnn undecided voters panel. Lol, eff this place.

You wanted to beat their asses, right? Just a bucket of stupidity. Also that leatherfaced white dude definitely wasn't undecided. "I'm now going to vote for trump because Biden was so mean." Nigga what?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »
I just assume anyone who is still undecided is voting for Trump or not voting.

Yeah pretty much

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2020, 11:39:10 AM »
I was kinda disappointed that Joe crawfished on the green new deal, defund the police etc.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2020, 11:40:28 AM »
Just watched the cnn undecided voters panel. Lol, eff this place.

You wanted to beat their asses, right? Just a bucket of stupidity. Also that leatherfaced white dude definitely wasn't undecided. "I'm now going to vote for trump because Biden was so mean." Nigga what?

Not their asses specifically, but a large amount of the asses in this country.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »
Yeah, it was about how in 4 weeks the puppies will be distributed to some families (they are probably 2-4 weeks old right now) and will provide a domino effect of joy. A little naive hippy mentality, but whatever. It's a positive message.

nothing wrong with it if he doesn't mention the election. between the lines there is a "both of these guys suck, but who cares because I'm gonna be alright and puppies" vibe. Might be worse for me because I know this person and although I don't dislike them I don't really care for their social media presence (their profession is real estate developer, not hippie-ish at all).

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2020, 11:41:21 AM »
I was kinda disappointed that Joe crawfished on the green new deal, defund the police etc.

The Green New Deal response was pretty weird. He's never been a supporter of defunding his vice president, though.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2020, 11:44:14 AM »
The white guy who said he couldn't vote for Biden because Biden said one unfair thing to Trump was either a Trump campaign plant or representative of a type of voter who badly wants to vote for Trump and also feels the need to find any stupid excuse to do so.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2020, 11:45:50 AM »
Here it was:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2020, 11:47:30 AM »

Both you and Trump were surprised that Biden wasn't the imaginary character you'd heard about from right wing media.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2020, 11:50:03 AM »
I never post about politics but last night I did feel obliged to point out that trump is walter matthau and biden is jack lemmon. this third grumpy old men movie wasn't as good as the first two

One of these two men gave a shout out to white supremacy. It's becoming increasingly easier to see right through anyone insisting on both sidesing these two dudes. BTK, Major Thomas Payne, eh same guy both tried to kill people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2020, 11:51:14 AM »

The Green New Deal response was pretty weird. He's never been a supporter of defunding his vice president, though.

It wasn't weird at all, he's been very consistent about this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2020, 11:53:59 AM »
Here it was:

For those that didn't watch CNN last night, they did three different segments with these people and ol leatherface was highly critical of Biden in each segment. He was not undecided.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2020, 11:55:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1311334767049289728

I don't think interest is down, just everyone has already made up their mind and are sick of this election just waiting for it to be over.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2020, 11:57:52 AM »
It's a mixture of fewer undecideds, low enthusiasm for Biden,  and trump fatigue.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2020, 12:24:38 PM »
Very few people are undecided.  I would even go further by saying majority of people who say they are undecided have actually decided but like the undecided label.  Viewership numbers are not surprising at all.  People should already know what they are getting from each candidate. 

I watched for pure entertainment purposes and to see how unhinged Trump was going to get.  I was not surprised he was unhinged, but I am surprised he got there in the first 60 seconds of the debate.
 Biden could have said the word "poop" the entire time and it would not have changed my vote.  Just like Trumps blatant racism is not going to change the vote of his base.         
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2020, 12:39:42 PM »
It's a mixture of fewer undecideds, low enthusiasm for Biden,  and trump fatigue.

Yup, IMO since basically June after the whole church photo op I think this country has just galvanized on who they want. The amount of undecideds is basically not worth fighting over because they hardly exist. Regardless of who is voting for who this country just wants to pull the goddamn lever and be done with that part of it.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think having mics that are automatically only on when it is a candidate's time to speak is preferable to a moderator controlled mute button.

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1311355635569766405

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2020, 01:03:24 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think having mics that are automatically only on when it is a candidate's time to speak is preferable to a moderator controlled mute button.

I like this idea. There shouldn’t be any talking over each other at a presidential debate.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2020, 01:04:55 PM »
Joe Biden's ability to stand there for 90 minutes and not storm off the stage is commendable. I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:41 PM »

Succinct and accurate
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2020, 01:17:29 PM »

I like this idea. There shouldn’t be any talking over each other at a presidential debate.

I think it should be a combination of one mic on and both mics on. I don't think all interaction is necessarily bad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1311334767049289728

I don't think interest is down, just everyone has already made up their mind and are sick of this election just waiting for it to be over.

I wonder how it compares to 2012 and 2008