Author Topic: Trump's Taxes  (Read 7851 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump's Taxes
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »
pretty easy when your party puts a muzzle on you though.

good grief.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2020, 04:10:42 PM »

good grief.
republican party should do more of that to trump if they were smarter

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2020, 04:13:11 PM »

good grief.
republican party should do more of that to trump if they were smarter

They've tried.  He throws a tantrum

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »
The Republican party doesn't control Trump, it's very much vice versa. 

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
guess thats the difference between alphas and jomegas

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »
I am not at all upset that the tax code allows horrible total buffoons who suck total crap at business to write forward massive financial losses they incurred because they are easily fooled and suck at deals and business. 

Is anyone?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »
I am not at all upset that the tax code allows horrible total buffoons who suck total crap at business to write forward massive financial losses they incurred because they are easily fooled and suck at deals and business. 

Is anyone?

It's hardly the only thing to take away from the NYT story.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »
maga-like_abana is bumming me out  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2020, 06:01:19 PM »
I also not upset he used the bankruptcy law to screw the daylights of most businesses that were foolish enough to extend him credit.  There is an exception for the contractors who kept working without getting paid on his projects because they couldn't just walk away or they risk incurring LD's.  That is absolute bullshit and he ruined some family businesses.

If you are a legitimate lending institution now, you don't give him a penny.  That is why he has to sell his influence to get loans that he will then never, ever, in a billion years pay back.  He isn't getting loans from anyone anymore, he is getting campaign or other "contributions" disguised as loans.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »
You can save the rest because this is the whole point.

if what you meant is what i wrote, you should have said that, because what you wrote (below) is not the same thing.  it is poor form to not only say something untrue but to also imply people are fools if they believe what is actually true rather than the untrue thing.

Were normal people under the impression that wealthy people pay taxes? This isn’t a “Trump” thing this is a tax policy thing.
I mean what trump is doing is not the only example. People like warren buffet have very low rates too. Obviously not $750, but people that funnel money through a corporation can defer compensation or show losses and do all kinds of wild crap. Farmers as steve dave brought up are infamous for this.

What is your disagreement?

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2020, 06:27:47 PM »
Were normal people under the impression that wealthy people pay taxes? This isn’t a “Trump” thing this is a tax policy thing.

What is your disagreement?

i thought i was pretty clear in my previous post.  you said something that was clearly and demonstrably false.  you implied that not believing your false statement was naive.  i disagree with both of those things.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »
Every policy poll and exit poll have been very clear that the American public clearly supports what known as progressive platform positions.

this is not true.

WTF? Is kim carnes your sock? Don't you study this stuff? I know you are aware of these numbers because I gave them to you during the primary season, I don't know why you'd even dispute this, it's overwhelming.

Green New Deal
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2019/4/22/18510518/green-new-deal-fox-news-poll

Medicare for all
https://www.newsweek.com/87-democrats-support-medicare-all-though-joe-biden-doesnt-1522833

Tuition free college
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/461106-majority-of-voters-support-free-college-eliminating-student-debt

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »
No maga here dog. Just can’t believe these are the best two dipshits we could come up with. Frustrated with politics/politicians in general

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2020, 07:28:18 PM »
Green New Deal
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2019/4/22/18510518/green-new-deal-fox-news-poll

that's an 18 month old poll that finds support at 43% and opposition at 46%.  furthermore 43% strongly oppose, whereas just 24% strongly supported.  if you're going to cherrypick ancient polls, i'd appreciate it if you'd at least take the time to find one that supports your point.   

Medicare for all
https://www.newsweek.com/87-democrats-support-medicare-all-though-joe-biden-doesnt-1522833

Tuition free college
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/461106-majority-of-voters-support-free-college-eliminating-student-debt

as has been discussed on this board before, poll findings on mfa vary wildly depending on how the question is framed.  although i haven't looked at the numbers, i'd be amazed if the same isn't true of eliminating student debt.

scher provides a good accounting of the dynamic in this article.

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1248087292784279552

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2020, 07:29:06 PM »
Frustrated with politics/politicians in general

honestly, i prefer maga to this braindead crap.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2020, 07:39:08 PM »
It’s pretty easy to play either role/party.
Dem- you’re racist, you like the Orangeman, look at his taxes
Pub- snowflakes, sleepy joe, economy

It’s incredibly annoying that everyone you go online it’s just a buncha dumbasses arguing trying to change the mind of one another.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »
Honestly they should blow up the 2 party system and get rid of career talking heads/politicians

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2020, 07:41:56 PM »
Every policy poll and exit poll have been very clear that the American public clearly supports what known as progressive platform positions.

this is not true.

WTF? Is kim carnes your sock? Don't you study this stuff? I know you are aware of these numbers because I gave them to you during the primary season, I don't know why you'd even dispute this, it's overwhelming.

Green New Deal

Medicare for all

Tuition free college

The number one objective in the Dem primary was to remove Trump. Not the policies you reference. A moderate was the most logical choice even if they weren't your preferred choice.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2020, 07:51:52 PM »
Honestly they should blow up the 2 party system and get rid of career talking heads/politicians

you and 34 can abstain from participating in our democracy and wax on about how you're above such mediocre concerns as choosing policies with life-altering and sometimes life-ending results for your fellow citizens.

don't ask me to respect that choice.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2020, 07:54:32 PM »
No maga here dog. Just can’t believe these are the best two dipshits we could come up with. Frustrated with politics/politicians in general

I'm just razzin' ya cause we are friends  :)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2020, 07:55:42 PM »

you and 34 can abstain from participating in our democracy and wax on about how you're above such mediocre concerns as choosing policies with life-altering and sometimes life-ending results for your fellow citizens.

don't ask me to respect that choice.
Where did I say anything about choosing policies with life alternating or life ending results? :confused:

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2020, 07:56:22 PM »

I'm just razzin' ya cause we are friends  :)
Don’t do it again cause that one stung a bit

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
Man sys burns hit different man. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »
Green New Deal

that's an 18 month old poll that finds support at 43% and opposition at 46%.  furthermore 43% strongly oppose, whereas just 24% strongly supported.  if you're going to cherrypick ancient polls, i'd appreciate it if you'd at least take the time to find one that supports your point.   

What are you doing sys, can you rough ridin' read man? That 43% and 46% are of ALL VOTERS, why would I care what Republicans think? I certainly don't care when we're discussing the choice that democrats had to make. And stop with the bullshit about the date, we both know that the GND is just as popular now as it was then.

Medicare for all

Tuition free college

as has been discussed on this board before, poll findings on mfa vary wildly depending on how the question is framed.  although i haven't looked at the numbers, i'd be amazed if the same isn't true of eliminating student debt.

scher provides a good accounting of the dynamic in this article.

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1248087292784279552

This article is rough ridin' stupid and only stupid people who don't read or comprehend anything would buy it. He rebutts the polling data of democratic primary voters buy using polling of the "general electorate." From his article
Polling from early 2019 of the general electorate also showed opposition to junking all private insurance.

Early 2019? Didn't you just wag my finger at using polling from that time frame? Also comparing the general electorate to democratic primary voters is a very obvious dirty trick.

Either you're being very hypocritical or you didn't read anything either you or I posted.