Author Topic: Bucket Mask Reports  (Read 24124 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket Mask Reports
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2020, 10:21:54 PM »
There is no Covid at my chiropractor. Only me and the crackers are masked. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on a Zoom meeting today said that they took their kid to get their wisdom teeth taken out and no one had masks on at the dentist/oral surgeon's office.
There’s no way this is true FWIW and if so, they could get in a crap ton of trouble for it. Like action hits on their license.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2020, 10:29:02 PM »
I can't believe masks aren't mandatory in grocery stores

Friday.

Effective June 26, a statewide order requires individuals to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces such as stores, offices and restaurants. The order also requires face coverings outdoors when you can't stay 6 feet apart from others.

https://coronavirus.wa.gov/information-for/you-and-your-family/face-masks-or-cloth-face-covering

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2020, 10:33:55 PM »
There is no Covid at my chiropractor. Only me and the crackers are masked. 

Someone on a Zoom meeting today said that they took their kid to get their wisdom teeth taken out and no one had masks on at the dentist/oral surgeon's office.
There’s no way this is true FWIW and if so, they could get in a crap ton of trouble for it. Like action hits on their license.

It wasn't in the operating room or whatever you call it at a dentist/oral surgeon's office. It was in the waiting room and the receptionist, and I'm assuming the dental hygienist when they come get you.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2020, 10:55:33 PM »
I can't believe masks aren't mandatory in grocery stores

Friday.

Effective June 26, a statewide order requires individuals to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces such as stores, offices and restaurants. The order also requires face coverings outdoors when you can't stay 6 feet apart from others.

https://coronavirus.wa.gov/information-for/you-and-your-family/face-masks-or-cloth-face-covering
Can’t believe that isn’t true across the board everywhere to be honest
:adios:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2020, 10:57:01 PM »
Menards in KC area requires mask.  A guy had on a paper mask with SCAM written on it in sharpie.

HyVee and Walmart trips its 60 pct mask 40 pct no mask

Dentist everyone in masks, temp check, 20 questions,  wash hands,  mouth wash before they started.

Home Depot about 20 pct masks... cashiers in phone booth like plexiglass at checkout.

Mom and Pop hardware store no masks, no plexiglass, nothing.

Ate out once and every other table used.  Waitress wore a mask.

Still no church for us, but passed another small neighborhood church last Sunday and people were all congregated out front hardly no masks and no distancing.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
masks are mandatory indoors in California, but you still see folks even in the bay area who don't wear them indoors. I'd guess 95% of them are white women in their 50's or 60's wearing shorts and polo shirts

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2020, 05:05:37 PM »
Woman at the office meeting with people (not me) who are all wearing masks but she's wearing it around her chin! WTF!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2020, 05:05:59 PM »
I hate in person confrontation and it's a person I generally like

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2020, 05:56:49 PM »

Carry around a big piece of plexiglass and put it between you and her and then have a pleasant conversation with her and see if that gets your point across without confrontation.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »

Carry around a big piece of plexiglass and put it between you and her and then have a pleasant conversation with her and see if that gets your point across without confrontation.

I mean she was meeting with two other people fully masked and I was fully masked and I kinda gave her a dirty look when i walked by. :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »
I kinda gave her a dirty look when i walked by. :dunno:

:surprised:

For my idea, if you want to cover a few big Pit issues in one lol irl episode to post about, use one of these as the plexiglass.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »
masks are mandatory indoors in California, but you still see folks even in the bay area who don't wear them indoors. I'd guess 95% of them are white women in their 50's or 60's wearing shorts and polo shirts

Apparently not.  A buddy of mine went to 24 hr fitness in Carlsbad today and he said like 3 of 100 ppl were  wearing masks (:horrorsurprise:)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
Daughter works at ECU Med School.

Anecdotal non scientific experiment with Oximeter and masks.   No discernible difference between non mask and multiple styles of masks in O2 level among multiple people.  Even after (intentionally) walking up and down long halls and stairs in medical facilities (they used a closed level for the non masked segment).   Again, purely anecdotal and using the non optimal measuring methodology, but I found it relevant with all the "I can't war a mask" BS out there.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2020, 09:43:58 PM »

Apparently not.  A buddy of mine went to 24 hr fitness in Carlsbad today and he said like 3 of 100 ppl were  wearing masks (:horrorsurprise:)
Yeah not surprised a bunch of trumpers wouldn't follow the rules
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:02:23 PM by michigancat »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2020, 10:01:44 PM »
Daughter works at ECU Med School.

Anecdotal non scientific experiment with Oximeter and masks.   No discernible difference between non mask and multiple styles of masks in O2 level among multiple people.  Even after (intentionally) walking up and down long halls and stairs in medical facilities (they used a closed level for the non masked segment).   Again, purely anecdotal and using the non optimal measuring methodology, but I found it relevant with all the "I can't war a mask" BS out there.
Seems obvious, but good to hear
:adios:

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2020, 11:54:44 PM »

BRO

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »
I glare at people not wearing in waiting rooms and such. Going down grocery store aisles the wrong way etc.

Backwards rubes need to be called out and bullied AF

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2020, 11:44:35 AM »
lol

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »
I've ended up doing a bit more outdoor wearing this week because there's a higher chance I'll end up going inside a place while out and about and I don't like carrying it around and taking it on and off.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2020, 12:21:56 PM »
I rip that baby off and shove it i to the pocket at first chance.

Looks like kcmo maybe announcing mandatory masking.  :crossfingers:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2020, 12:30:43 PM »
I wear my mask around my wrist when I don't use it.

For outdoor use, my theory is that the richer the community, the more likely you'll see masks outside. (at least in the Bay)

The most masks I've seen outside are on a trail in Oakland with a bunch of Latino families out for a walk. The least masks outside are a rich white suburb. Middle of the road is a more middle-class Asian/white suburb. Mission in SF everyone is wearing masks too.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2020, 12:40:18 PM »
other than grocery store parking lots and jobsites, i don't know that i've ever seen someone wearing a mask outside.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
I have a possibly unfounded fear of the mask being counterproductive the more I have the mask exposed to other things and then putting it on my face, as well as actually putting it on and off my face with my hands that touch who knows what while I'm out and about.  I've got enough masks that I can pretty much keep them exclusively cycling between my washer, dryer and face.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2020, 12:53:34 PM »
Perhaps it'll change tomorrow with the new mandate, but %'s of people here wearing masks still seem identical inside and out.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »
Maybe it has just been the focus back onto 'rona in the last few days/week, or maybe just the places I've been going, but % mask wearing that I have noticed has gone up.

Highest % was at Hobby Lobby, at least 75% if not more (and that was at the both of the two locations I went to).
Lukas Liquor was also like 75% (highest for any liquor store I've been in, I usually go to smaller but was hunting something specific)
Lowest is Homer's that I got to somewhat frequently, the baristas all wear, but maybe 10% of people even if they are just picking up an order like I do wear. But then again the rest are mostly outside and you are after all you need to use your mouth, so can't overly blame.

Price Chopper still steady at 50%.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla