Author Topic: Bucket Mask Reports  (Read 24501 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket Mask Reports
« Reply #425 on: January 15, 2022, 10:05:10 PM »
These maskers should look at the hot piece of ass data about vaccine and boosted hospitalization rates.   That combo is virtually an Ironman suit.

We don't want to bring the crap home.

The mast doesn't protect you, but it does protect others from you.  So it doesn't make a difference if you wear a mast or not as far as keeping that crap out of your house.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2022, 10:11:17 PM »
These maskers should look at the hot piece of ass data about vaccine and boosted hospitalization rates.   That combo is virtually an Ironman suit.

The mast doesn't protect you, but it does protect others from you.  So it doesn't make a difference if you wear a mast or not as far as keeping that crap out of your house.

Proper N95/KN95's do good at preventing intaking the COVID from spreaders, even unmasked ones.  I still prefer they be masked in indoor places and try my best to make them feel like crap when they aren't.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2022, 10:26:05 PM »

Proper N95/KN95's do good at preventing intaking the COVID from spreaders, even unmasked ones.  I still prefer they be masked in indoor places and try my best to make them feel like crap when they aren't.

CDC and their mouthpiece said over a year ago that the mast does not protect the wearer.  It only protects others from your infected ass blowing spit and snot on them.  Your hands, eyes, and face can get this crap on them from those that don't wear a mask.  The only way to keep from spreading it is for everyone to wear a mask.  This is so rough ridin' simple that I can't believe people are so stupid to not understand.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2022, 10:40:04 PM »

CDC and their mouthpiece said over a year ago that the mast does not protect the wearer.  It only protects others from your infected ass blowing spit and snot on them.  Your hands, eyes, and face can get this crap on them from those that don't wear a mask.  The only way to keep from spreading it is for everyone to wear a mask.  This is so rough ridin' simple that I can't believe people are so stupid to not understand.

That was the basic-ass cloth or medical masks that don't seal to your face.  Definitely crazy that everyone isn't wearing good masks during this worst of transmissibility, but of course they're not.  Get yourself some good N95's and limit your exposure to assholes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/01/does-it-help-wear-mask-if-no-one-else/621177/

Ideally, everyone would wear masks indoors for the next few weeks. That’s not going to happen, though. The good news is that if you’re boosted and wear a high-quality mask, you’ll probably be okay anyway. Some experts even think people who are triple-vaccinated and wearing N95s can go about their normal activities. “They should feel pretty safe because the booster provides strong protection against severe outcomes, and even if infected people are present and releasing viruses into the air, a properly fitting N95 will reduce the amount you breathe in by 95 percent or more,” says Linsey Marr, an environmental engineer at Virginia Tech who specializes in airborne transmission. “The combination of vaccination with [a] booster and an N95 provides excellent protection.”

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2022, 10:45:12 PM »

Isn’t everyone in your house also wearing an Ironman suit?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2022, 11:00:36 PM »

That was the basic-ass cloth or medical masks that don't seal to your face.  Definitely crazy that everyone isn't wearing good masks during this worst of transmissibility, but of course they're not.  Get yourself some good N95's and limit your exposure to assholes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/01/does-it-help-wear-mask-if-no-one-else/621177/

Ideally, everyone would wear masks indoors for the next few weeks. That’s not going to happen, though. The good news is that if you’re boosted and wear a high-quality mask, you’ll probably be okay anyway. Some experts even think people who are triple-vaccinated and wearing N95s can go about their normal activities. “They should feel pretty safe because the booster provides strong protection against severe outcomes, and even if infected people are present and releasing viruses into the air, a properly fitting N95 will reduce the amount you breathe in by 95 percent or more,” says Linsey Marr, an environmental engineer at Virginia Tech who specializes in airborne transmission. “The combination of vaccination with [a] booster and an N95 provides excellent protection.”

A full mask covering like the clear plastic ones would provide more protection than a fricking face mask.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2022, 12:25:49 AM »

Isn’t everyone in your house also wearing an Ironman suit?

Unfortunately not the little guy, tell Pfizer to get their crap together.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 16, 2022, 07:21:32 AM »
A cloth mask still provides some level of protection but obviously an N95 or surgical mask is better.

And while I haven't seen folks with covid post-boost, what I've seen from vaccinated folks who had it will keep me wearing masks in crowded indoor places for a while. Covid still sucks even if it doesn't put you in the hospital!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 16, 2022, 01:24:32 PM »

It's still a novel virus that attacks your brain, heart, and lungs. Seems like there might be some potential for long term effects.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 16, 2022, 05:32:47 PM »

It's still a novel virus that attacks your brain, heart, and lungs. Seems like there might be some potential for long term effects.
I'm quite surprised that companies aren't requiring employees such as store clerks to wear an N-95 mask with a full face plastic shied.  I would bet if one had the means, he/she could sue for being exposed to a deadly disease.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 16, 2022, 07:24:39 PM »

I'm quite surprised that companies aren't requiring employees such as store clerks to wear an N-95 mask with a full face plastic shied.  I would bet if one had the means, he/she could sue for being exposed to a deadly disease.