Author Topic: Bucket Mask Reports  (Read 24131 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket Mask Reports
« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2021, 10:26:00 AM »
The timing of this announcement just hours after the Yankees announcing that they have 8 breakthrough cases at one time on one damn team is dubious. I don't love it.
We’ve known about breakthrough cases for a while. What has yet to be shown is: (1) a statistically significant number of those developing serious symptoms, and (2) evidence of actual spread from a fully vaccinated person. I guess we’ll see if other Yankees members get it later, indicating spread within the organization rather than just from a common exposure.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2021, 01:58:21 PM »
Yes, if you started with the assumption that all Yankees members got JnJ and they were all exposed to the same infected person(s) then the fact 8 players became infected would actually be a little better than expected. Obviously it’s never that clear cut though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2021, 02:42:29 PM »
Yes, if you started with the assumption that all Yankees members got JnJ and they were all exposed to the same infected person(s) then the fact 8 players became infected would actually be a little better than expected. Obviously it’s never that clear cut though.

Your previous post outlined what we don't know about breakthrough cases and specifically not knowing what's going on with the Yankees. The fact of the matter is that we still don't know hardly anything about breakthrough cases and even less about what's going on with the Yankees. It's not 8 players by the way, it's a mix of players and staff..

It very well may turn out to be not a big deal, but as of now a close cluster of 8 vaccinated people testing positive, some of them are symptomatic by the way, is troubling. You certainly can shrug it off, but if we're playing the game of "trust the science" you should be have an eye open to this because the science hasn't given us a reason to be dismissive.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2021, 02:45:22 PM »

Your previous post outlined what we don't know about breakthrough cases and specifically not knowing what's going on with the Yankees. The fact of the matter is that we still don't know hardly anything about breakthrough cases and even less about what's going on with the Yankees. It's not 8 players by the way, it's a mix of players and staff..

It very well may turn out to be not a big deal, but as of now a close cluster of 8 vaccinated people testing positive, some of them are symptomatic by the way, is troubling. You certainly can shrug it off, but if we're playing the game of "trust the science" you should be have an eye open to this because the science hasn't given us a reason to be dismissive.

I think only one, Phil Nevin, was symptomatic. At least, that's what I read.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2021, 02:49:07 PM »

I think only one, Phil Nevin, was symptomatic. At least, that's what I read.

I heard three on whatever ESPN radio show was on when I turned on the work car yesterday morning.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2021, 02:51:33 PM »
So i've been walking into stores lately without my mask on and I try to read the room on how everyone feels at said location and almost 90% of the time end up putting it on when I see other ppl wearing there's. It's gonna be awhile before it feels right not to wear one, because I don't wanna be "that guy" in the store.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2021, 02:54:53 PM »
So i've been walking into stores lately without my mask on and I try to read the room on how everyone feels at said location and almost 90% of the time end up putting it on when I see other ppl wearing there's. It's gonna be awhile before it feels right not to wear one, because I don't wanna be "that guy" in the store.

Yeah, this is definitely a thing.  I have not seen unmasked clerks at QT like kietz was tweeting about.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »

I was at an outdoor farmers market that required them, I didn't know this until later. I didn't wear one but 80% did, it was awkward as hell, I felt judged.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2021, 02:56:19 PM »
Good call, IMO. Regardless of how I feel I’d still plan to wear a mask if I think it will make others more comfortable.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 14, 2021, 03:01:42 PM »
5 soccer games in joco this weekend.  Have been masked at these for over a year.  Not sure the rule now, will report.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »

Yeah, this is definitely a thing.  I have not seen unmasked clerks at QT like kietz was tweeting about.

I haven't been to any Kansas qts in a while, but the last 2-3 weeks the mo employees I've seen have pretty much all transitioned to the chin diaper approach.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2021, 03:18:12 PM »
QT on Blvd is all masks yesterday

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2021, 03:27:57 PM »
I'm venturing out in Topeka this evening to run couple of errands, curious to see what the mask rate is.  Guessing it will be in the 20-50% range.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2021, 03:30:27 PM »
The QT I go to all the time has been maskless employees for almost 2 weeks.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2021, 03:59:06 PM »
Didn't see until now, Q rescinded masks at noon.  We are mask free in KC

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »
5 soccer games in joco this weekend.  Have been masked at these for over a year.  Not sure the rule now, will report.

Nearly no one wears masks at OP, OSC or CMSF (Wyandotte County) and it's not required now.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2021, 04:26:18 PM »
Was at a JoCo QT on my lunch break today and the sign on the door said "Masks Recommended" instead of the previous "Required".

Drove down the street to Chipotle (still in JoCo) and the sign still said "Required".

Story is rapidly developing...

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »
as of today, my office is giving people the option to wear a mask or not if you've been jabbed.
have to send a photo of your vax card to HR and then you are free to show people your entire face for the first time since march 2020

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2021, 04:48:15 PM »
as of today, my office is giving people the option to wear a mask or not if you've been jabbed.
have to send a photo of your vax card to HR and then you are free to show people your entire face for the first time since march 2020

:thumbs:

This needs to be the approach by all of society. ’chip or mask, pick one.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2021, 10:33:06 PM »
I got my first poke so I guess that means I only have to wear a mask half of the time lol.  Just kidding, I was already only wearing it half the time.  LOL.  St Joe.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2021, 10:56:22 AM »
No masks required in Kentucky businesses. Still required for planes, trains, busses, etc.

Still a good 75% wearing masks in the grocery yesterday. No thanks. I've been jabbed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 30, 2021, 12:06:07 AM »
I'm in NYC this week and masks are pretty much done here everywhere but the subway. A few lobbies will make people wear them but like most people don't appear to carry one into any building unless they're working in the service industry.

I think the Bay Area will be the last masking stronghold!!!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 15, 2022, 08:32:01 PM »
Masks are back, folks. I noticed that more than half of the people were wearing masks on Thursday in Walmart. This was near the university so I attributed that to the college kids being programmed to wear them since they're required in university buildings. Yesterday there was a good amount of folks wearing them in Home Depot. Close to 50%. I put mine on because Home Depot had a sign on saying they were required. I'm not sure if that was new or not. I also noticed the cashier at my breakfast spot started wearing a mask Thursday or Friday. I don't think the city instituted a mask mandate. I think it's general fear about Omicron.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 15, 2022, 08:42:09 PM »
These maskers should look at the hot piece of ass data about vaccine and boosted hospitalization rates.   That combo is virtually an Ironman suit.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 15, 2022, 09:57:11 PM »
These maskers should look at the hot piece of ass data about vaccine and boosted hospitalization rates.   That combo is virtually an Ironman suit.

We don't want to bring the crap home.