Author Topic: Bucket Mask Reports  (Read 24123 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket Mask Reports
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
Indoors: close to 100% - required by law, except while seated at a table in a restaurant next to a large enough window
Outdoors:  I'd say 60% on busier streets, 25% on quieter streets

Had my temp taken on entry for a site visit to a large downtown office building last week (still primarily closed).

that's a weird law to enforce.  So if not next to a "large enough window" still have to put a mask on between bites/sips?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Bucket Mask Reports
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 03:11:39 PM »
Indoors: close to 100% - required by law, except while seated at a table in a restaurant next to a large enough window

Had my temp taken on entry for a site visit to a large downtown office building last week (still primarily closed).

that's a weird law to enforce.  So if not next to a "large enough window" still have to put a mask on between bites/sips?
No, restaurants can only seat people there. Regular indoor dining is still prohibited. Didn’t phrase it well, only outdoor dining is allowed, with seats near very large windows considered “outdoor” for that purpose.
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 03:49:32 PM »

No, restaurants can only seat people there. Regular indoor dining is still prohibited. Didn’t phrase it well, only outdoor dining is allowed, with seats near very large windows considered “outdoor” for that purpose.

ahh, okay like can only sit next to open garage door style windows inside?  Makes sense. 

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2020, 04:12:20 PM »
Go to a Dillon's or Hyvee in Topeka, about 20% wear masks at any given time.
Go to a Dillon's or Hyvee in Lawrence, about 80-90% wear masks at any given time.

Has to say something regarding the difference in the two communities.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »

This works great for me as I exclusively sit by giant open windows at the finest establishment in Chicago.  Sometimes I even sit in the window opening.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2020, 11:37:46 AM »
Dropping off the Tesla at the service center, both customers and employees were 100% wearing. Was both weird and expected. Going to price chopper still merits I'd say about 50-60% usage of masks.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2020, 11:39:56 AM »
Dropping off the Tesla at the service center, both customers and employees were 100% wearing. Was both weird and expected. Going to price chopper still merits I'd say about 50-60% usage of masks.

When people read all these news stories saying grocery shopping isn't a big risk, that doesn't shock me. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:06 PM »
YOSEMITE TRIP REPORT:

Groveland, CA restaurant: 0.0% (except my family, we ate on the patio)
Groveland, CA grocery store: 100% employees (clearly required, half of them were wearing them wrong), 20% customers (I'm guessing mostly tourists). There were signs everywhere asking people to wear masks but said they can't make you
Yosemite employees: 100% the first day, about 80% later on. They actually had a fantastic setup for buying souveniers from the bookstore to keep people from going inside but still get their stuff quickly
Yosemite guests: 10-20% on the Valley theme park trails and in restrooms and shops, less than 5% on the more isolated trails. I bet the number would drop to around 1% on trails and 5% inside if you took people of east asian descent.
Fruit stand in the valley about an hour from Oakland: 0% of employees (one person), 100% of customers (my family)
El Pollo Loco drive thru: 100% employees, looked like about half of them were wearing them incorrectly. Looked inside and would guess 20% of dine in guests were wearing them

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2020, 11:28:20 AM »
There is no Covid at my chiropractor. Only me and the crackers are masked. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »
i was at 4 airports last week.

boarding & in-airplane: 100% (1 boomer dissenter who ultimately relented and wore a mask).
milling around airport: 50%

it's hard to know where/how to eat. the food court areas are swarmed with maskless derps and no distancing. do you take your food to the seating area by the gates, where more people are wearing masks, and guzzle your food like a jackass right in front of them? i would prefer not to eat at all at the airport obviously, but it was like 2pm and i had been up since 5 with nothing to eat.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2020, 12:05:44 PM »
I picture airports being so empty that food courts are wide open but obviously I haven't been. Going to Yosemite made me fell like I'd been living in this weird bubble where everything has been going on as if everything was normal.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »
the morning of my first flight AA emailed me and asked if i would take a $400 credit to fly on a later flight bc it was overbooked.
i think the number of flights is down, but people are definitely flying again.
anecdotally, i overheard a boomer conversation right behind me in the seating area, and it sounded like they had not seen people wearing masks before. where do these people live? i should have asked.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2020, 12:31:48 PM »

Someone on a Zoom meeting today said that they took their kid to get their wisdom teeth taken out and no one had masks on at the dentist/oral surgeon's office.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2020, 12:51:47 PM »

Someone on a Zoom meeting today said that they took their kid to get their wisdom teeth taken out and no one had masks on at the dentist/oral surgeon's office.

last month a relative of mine went to a rural KS ER and told me the nurses weren't wearing masks

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2020, 01:26:50 PM »
0.0% mask use in good ol' SEK  :gocho:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
Am I right to be disgusted that I see roughly the same % of people in masks both outdoors in wide open spaces as I do inside at the grocery store?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2020, 01:44:33 PM »
Am I right to be disgusted that I see roughly the same % of people in masks both outdoors in wide open spaces as I do inside at the grocery store?

very much so

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »
I mean if it's 100% in both I think people are overly cautious but I wouldn't be disgusted.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »
I mean if it's 100% in both I think people are overly cautious but I wouldn't be disgusted.

I’d say about 60% across the board.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2020, 02:26:46 PM »

Yikes. I can't believe masks aren't mandatory in grocery stores

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2020, 02:40:46 PM »

The sign at last week’s said they are “strongly encouraged.”

My disgust at its core is at the overall messaging, carrying on from day 1 “masks don’t help.” There is logic to masks and if presented correctly, most people would abide, I think. That so many are wearing masks OUTSIDE makes me think many wear or don’t wear masks as a demonstration of politics rather than because of logically understanding the benefits in situations.

Maybe america is just too dumb regardless of how well information is communicated.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »
Businesses here are now subject to being fined if they allow customers without a mask. $500 per violation.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2020, 03:53:23 PM »

The sign at last week’s said they are “strongly encouraged.”

My disgust at its core is at the overall messaging, carrying on from day 1 “masks don’t help.” There is logic to masks and if presented correctly, most people would abide, I think. That so many are wearing masks OUTSIDE makes me think many wear or don’t wear masks as a demonstration of politics rather than because of logically understanding the benefits in situations.

Maybe america is just too dumb regardless of how well information is communicated.

the mask messaging has been horrible from the start.

I don't think wearing masks outside is necessarily a demonstration of politics, I look at it as a low-effort way to let people around know I give a crap about them not getting sick, even if I think the risk of infection outside is pretty minimal.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2020, 04:02:53 PM »
I'm about 98% maskless outside, 100% mask-on inside except for homes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2020, 10:18:48 PM »
When I see people wearing masks inside their cars, I kind of shake my head, but good for them I guess.