Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 105330 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1700 on: September 09, 2020, 02:12:14 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54041549

Protests Pending Status:  TBD

Only the biggest piece of crap would come away from reading that with a take about protests and race instead of the tragedy of the cops maiming that little boy. This little role you're playing continues to be a great barometer of the depths of human filth.

Don't even pretend you've turned over a new leaf BoardLunatic.   Everyone recognizes it's a tragedy and that strident steps need to be taken to correct this type of police action.   What also needs to be recognized is that people will likely not be out on the streets burning and looting in Glendale UT.

I'm not certain what point you're trying to make here but there are literally hundreds of police involved shootings annually and 99.99% of these don't involve anyone being "out on the streets burning and looting." Also interesting that you changed your language from protesting to "burning and looting." Hats off to you for dropping the poor ol innocent "who me" act and leaning hard into dakkk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 09, 2020, 02:14:52 PM »
I don't think 911 operators are the problem here

Withheld relevant info in the Tamir Rice shooting. Would telling the cops that it was a young boy likely playing with a gun had helped  :dunno: wouldn't have hurt

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 09, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »

Only the biggest piece of crap would come away from reading that with a take about protests and race instead of the tragedy of the cops maiming that little boy. This little role you're playing continues to be a great barometer of the depths of human filth.

Don't even pretend you've turned over a new leaf BoardLunatic.   Everyone recognizes it's a tragedy and that strident steps need to be taken to correct this type of police action.   What also needs to be recognized is that people will likely not be out on the streets burning and looting in Glendale UT.

I'm not certain what point you're trying to make here but there are literally hundreds of police involved shootings annually and 99.99% of these don't involve anyone being "out on the streets burning and looting." Also interesting that you changed your language from protesting to "burning and looting." Hats off to you for dropping the poor ol innocent "who me" act and leaning hard into dakkk

So now it's the holistic approach to police shootings across all segments of racial demographics?    I'm not going to dumpster dive but I believe that historically whenever that's been brought up here, you've pulled out the disproportional card.   

Not wanting to see communities, businesses and peoples lives destroyed by looting and riots = KKK (BoardLunatic aka MIR)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 09, 2020, 02:26:14 PM »

So now it's the holistic approach to police shootings across all segments of racial demographics?    I'm not going to dumpster dive but I believe that historically whenever that's been brought up here, you've pulled out the disproportional card.   

Not wanting to see communities, businesses and peoples lives destroyed by looting and riots = KKK (BoardLunatic aka MIR)

Because the character you play on here is incapable of speaking like a human, I don't even know what the eff you're asking? Are you arguing against disproportionality?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 09, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »

Because the character you play on here is incapable of speaking like a human, I don't even know what the eff you're asking? Are you arguing against disproportionality?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

LOL, so you don't understand "across all segments of racial demographics"? 

Now breakdown the population size by race and age group, particularly taking into account the known quantity that the vast majority of police shooting involve "young males".   The average age of white people in the U.S. is 59, minorities, 22 years younger.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 09, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »

Withheld relevant info in the Tamir Rice shooting. Would telling the cops that it was a young boy likely playing with a gun had helped  :dunno: wouldn't have hurt

oh yeah there's room for improvement but again, they aren't the ones pulling the trigger. hell even the cops that shot the aspbergers kid might end up being found justified given our current system. Just doing their job, feared for their life, blasted a 13 year old.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 09, 2020, 03:08:43 PM »

oh yeah there's room for improvement but again, they aren't the ones pulling the trigger. hell even the cops that shot the aspbergers kid might end up being found justified given our current system. Just doing their job, feared for their life, blasted a 13 year old.

Certainly a cop being called out to a call that needs more of a mental health professional isn't absent of fault if he kills the person but definitely could do a better job on the intake trying to figure out the situation, giving whomever is responding valuable info so they know what they are getting into can't hurt.

Listen to PD dispatch one evening, they get barely any info.  They go into a call knowing "suspicious person"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 09, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »
911 call takers are miserable.  There really should be better known options for the public to call and self-select what level the issue is.  I think there are motivations by government members to not have that though.  I know in my building that people calling about non-emergency and/or non-time-sensitive crimes like burglaries where the damage is long done are told by police to call 911 instead of the non-emergency regular local police department number.

And then they don't come out anyway blaming covid or budgets or more important crime or whatever they can to not have to do anything.  It's really bad lately, as sys pointed out recently, as withholding services is turning out to be a good way to get support.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 09, 2020, 03:39:04 PM »
911 call takers are miserable.  There really should be better known options for the public to call and self-select what level the issue is.  I think there are motivations by government members to not have that though.  I know in my building that people calling about non-emergency and/or non-time-sensitive crimes like burglaries where the damage is long done are told by police to call 911 instead of the non-emergency regular local police department number.

And then they don't come out anyway blaming covid or budgets or more important crime or whatever they can to not have to do anything.  It's really bad lately, as sys pointed out recently, as withholding services is turning out to be a good way to get support.

I think the KCPD non-emergency number goes to the janitor.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 09, 2020, 03:42:49 PM »

LOL, so you don't understand "across all segments of racial demographics"? 

Now breakdown the population size by race and age group, particularly taking into account the known quantity that the vast majority of police shooting involve "young males".   The average age of white people in the U.S. is 59, minorities, 22 years younger.

I don't rough ridin' care, take this sprint down irrelevant hall without me.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: September 10, 2020, 07:41:29 AM »
BoardLunatic:  Not caring about racial demographics for approximately the last 24 hours

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 10, 2020, 08:55:53 AM »
Imagine a life of spending the day responding to memes on Twitter.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 10, 2020, 09:06:34 AM »
I would imagine it’s sorta like responding to every post that even remotely slights dear leader.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 10, 2020, 09:17:15 AM »
I would imagine it’s sorta like responding to every post that you make Dax

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 10, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »
imagine posting cartoon memes of guys jerking off to completion on a ksu board.  like.  Literally think about that

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1716 on: September 10, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
9/10/2020 A Slow Dug obsessive rage day

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 10, 2020, 10:47:10 AM »
dax's DOB until current: thinking about other men stimulating themselves.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 10, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
9/10/20 mid afternoon:  Still a Slow Dug obsessive rage day

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 14, 2020, 06:15:29 PM »
i don't think it is likely that this works to trump's benefit over the next fifty days, but i do think we are at a point where continued protests (in the absence of a new atrocity to respark them) are now counterproductive.

https://twitter.com/davidsiders/status/1302967065603522561
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 14, 2020, 07:02:47 PM »
Attention BidenVoters:  Stop looting and rioting to help our guy (SysWhackadoo). 

Also stop attempting to assassinate police officers.  (SysWhackadoo)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 17, 2020, 10:37:02 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/minneapolis-city-council-members-complain-160731296.html

“Residents are asking, ‘Where are the police’?” said newly elected council member Jamal Osman who has been swamped by resident complaints that calls for police are going unanswered.

“That is the only public safety option they have at the moment. MPD. They rely on MPD. And they are saying they are nowhere to be seen,” Osman said.

Man, who could have seen this CF in this generational Dem controlled enclave?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 18, 2020, 12:58:31 AM »
Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet. Police response times have always been relative to the average housing value anyway.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 18, 2020, 08:24:39 AM »
What is the average housing value in Minneapolis MIR?

Break it down by Ward.