Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 105440 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1225 on: June 24, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »
a decent chunk of twitter.  trey, mir and to a lesser extent you are doing a half-hearted effort here.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 24, 2020, 02:26:47 PM »
are you dumbasses really comparing BLM-adjacent protests tearing down Grant's statue to cops straight up murdering people?

Jesus Christ.

Fedor appears to have been saying that, i was just pointing out the general irony of trey's position.
Samsies.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 24, 2020, 02:28:01 PM »
a decent chunk of twitter.  trey, mir and to a lesser extent you are doing a half-hearted effort here.

So no one of any consequence?

I think they were dumbasses, but I take issue with the notion that saying these protestors are just "bad apples" is the same as saying murdering cops are just "bad apples". It's a really obtuse take.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 24, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
i mean, no, not biden or sanders or any politician or anything like that.  but it's a non-trivial portion of people i interact with regarding politics and such.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 24, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »
i mean, no, not biden or sanders or any politician or anything like that.  but it's a non-trivial portion of people i interact with regarding politics and such.

you only interact with weird beto fanatics. (I will not hold their actions against all weird beto fanatics)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 24, 2020, 02:35:35 PM »

So no one of any consequence?

I think they were dumbasses, but I take issue with the notion that saying these protestors are just "bad apples" is the same as saying murdering cops are just "bad apples". It's a really obtuse take.
I mean, those people were part of the conversation we were having. 

I don't think it's the "same" at all, but I think there are parallels between individuals doing bad things and those things reflecting poorly on a broader group of people.  There are obviously a lot of important distinctions too (e.g., one is murder by a state actor and the other isn't), but it's worth keeping in mind, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 24, 2020, 02:36:13 PM »
but it's worth keeping in mind, imo.

not really

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 24, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 24, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »
you only interact with weird beto fanatics. (I will not hold their actions against all weird beto fanatics)

i denounce all weirdness by beto fanatics.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 24, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »
Sysbot Whackadoo, you are a Beto weirdo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 24, 2020, 10:01:56 PM »

If you took me saying that I think the statues are largely irrelevant as a defense of people taking them down, I'd have to question what the hell you're reading. I've never even addressed what I think about the act. Shall I propose people pulling down statues be hung?

For the record I think that individuals pulling down statues, whether they Nathan Bedford Forrest or Martin Luther King Jr, are guilty of a crime, and I wouldn't shed a tear if any of them got convicted. The governments and individual institutions who put them up should face the pressure of defending having them up. Pulling them down without accountability for those responsible for them continuing to have them up accomplishes nothing.

Thank you for asking though, sys, always appreciate speaking to you way up there on that high horse.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1236 on: June 25, 2020, 01:02:44 PM »
https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/

After more derogatory comments about the arrestee and the magistrate, the conversation takes an even bleaker turn, as the two officers discuss an upcoming ‘civil war.’

“Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks. A short time later Officer Piner began to discuss society being close to ‘martial law’ and soon ‘we are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them rough ridin' ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.’ Moore responded that he would not do that. Piner stated, ‘I am ready,'” according to the summary.

“Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to “wipe ’em off the rough ridin' map. That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations.'”

Could also be xposted in MAGA thread.  One of these Boogaloo Bois are going to kill a lot of people.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 25, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »
https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/

After more derogatory comments about the arrestee and the magistrate, the conversation takes an even bleaker turn, as the two officers discuss an upcoming ‘civil war.’

“Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks. A short time later Officer Piner began to discuss society being close to ‘martial law’ and soon ‘we are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them rough ridin' ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.’ Moore responded that he would not do that. Piner stated, ‘I am ready,'” according to the summary.

“Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to “wipe ’em off the rough ridin' map. That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations.'”

Could also be xposted in MAGA thread.  One of these Boogaloo Bois are going to kill a lot of people.

They will be taking all personal guns and carrying licenses away as well, right? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 25, 2020, 01:51:30 PM »

They will be taking all personal guns and carrying licenses away as well, right?
I certainly hope so.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 25, 2020, 02:21:23 PM »

I certainly hope so.

that's a violation of their constitutional rights

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 25, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »

I certainly hope so.

Yeah it probably is, isn't it?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 25, 2020, 03:31:40 PM »

I certainly hope so.

Yeah it probably is, isn't it?

There are some states that give judges the ability to take away licenses and temporarily impound guns if that person is deemed to be a risk to the population. I doubt that North Carolina is one of those states. I know that Colorado is because James Holmes had one of those hearings before his rampage but the judge let him keep his guns.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 25, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Just call it civil asset forfeiture. EZPZ

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 28, 2020, 01:39:42 PM »
Thanks memphis

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 01, 2020, 03:25:37 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 01, 2020, 03:49:37 PM »
ah.  that clears it up.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1278287003948404739
Honestly did a doubletake to make sure it wasn't babylonbee or something

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 02, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »
The militia is being called up to put a stop to the riots, guys!

Got my invite to be a militia guy today! I’m so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 02, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »
 :pray:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire