Author Topic: ITT: Libs and Closet Fascists (BIRM) Losing Their F’ing Minds Over Covid-19  (Read 7109 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kdub, I think it's weird that you keep bitching about what is open instead of just telling us what you want open (besides gathering spots like ski resorts obv)

As I’ve said above, a couple times now, I want everything to be open except for businesses that are both non-essential and are high risk of spread due to high-density and high-contact. I listed examples. Are you asking me to list the stuff I’d personally like to be open? Why? This isn’t about me, at least directly. It’s about the economy at large, which affects all of us.

Ok so personally, I’m missing the gym and the barber, but I understand why those are closed. I think those are the only closures that directly, personally affect me. How about you?

You don't miss the fellowship of attending Church services?

Sorry, I thought we were just talking businesses. There’s a lot of fellowship stuff I miss.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kdub, I think it's weird that you keep bitching about what is open instead of just telling us what you want open (besides gathering spots like ski resorts obv)

I want everything to be open except for businesses that are both non-essential and are high risk of spread due to high-density and high-contact.

that's literally what is happening in every state. Move this whole thread to the common ground thread and quit trying to pin "the other side" on closing businesses.  Nobody wants this.

This simply is not true. I challenge you to visit any corner retail development and count the stores that are currently closed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
This isn't some gotcha that you need to shy away from bud, I'm just asking what you think should be open but isn't? Are you able to actually specifically name one store?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We'll find out just how much Useful Idiot Nation has been assimilated into THE MAN in the next 6 to 12 months.   As both Google and Apple announced a partnership to track all the Typhoid and Non Typhoid Mary's out there.     Toss in Useful Idiot Techno Oligarch Hero (Useful Idiot TechBots used to hate the man) Bill Gates and his digital "Your Clean" certificate for good measure.

dax just so you know, it was amazing not having you here for a few weeks.

Oh skinny, you just liked the fact that you and your fellow useful idiots didn't have any dissenting opinions around.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Home Depot should absolutely be open. So should dry cleaners and laundromats. People need to maintain running water and have light bulbs and they also need clean clothes.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This isn't some gotcha that you need to shy away from bud, I'm just asking what you think should be open but isn't? Are you able to actually specifically name one store?

Really? Good lord. Ok just at a shopping area nearby.... Pier 1, jeweler (a couple), Barnes & Noble, Hallmark, about a dozen boutique and not-so-boutique clothing stores, pottery barn, a couple specialty shops... the place is a ghost town.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

I want everything to be open except for businesses that are both non-essential and are high risk of spread due to high-density and high-contact.

that's literally what is happening in every state. Move this whole thread to the common ground thread and quit trying to pin "the other side" on closing businesses.  Nobody wants this.

This simply is not true. I challenge you to visit any corner retail development and count the stores that are currently closed.

You agreed non essential stores should be closed right now, so da duq you trying to say here? Yeah places are closed. We all agreed it sucks

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Home Depot should absolutely be open. So should dry cleaners and laundromats. People need to maintain running water and have light bulbs and they also need clean clothes.

Agreed. There is discussion about should they be limited to essential stuff for sale but that seems like a administrative nightmare

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You agreed non essential stores should be closed right now, so da duq you trying to say here? Yeah places are closed. We all agreed it sucks

You should read more closely. I didn’t say that.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Really? Good lord. Ok just at a shopping area nearby.... Pier 1, jeweler (a couple), Barnes & Noble, Hallmark, about a dozen boutique and not-so-boutique clothing stores, pottery barn, a couple specialty shops... the place is a ghost town.

Thanks, I was just trying to get your frame of mind. I don't think any of that needs to be open, except possibly clothing stores.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
To get this thread back on track

Not the US but a global hero

https://twitter.com/silkdynastystx/status/1248672595181891584

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Thanks, I was just trying to get your frame of mind. I don't think any of that needs to be open, except possibly clothing stores.

I don’t think any of that needs to be open, either. But the business owners and their customers might disagree. I believe that most ”non-essential” businesses should not be shut down. I think the shutdown is overly broad and economically harmful.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Listening live it sounded more dorky than racist

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Michigan Gov made quite a name for herself among liberals by challenging Trump on hydroxychloroquine, going so far as issuing a letter threatening doctor’s medical licenses for prescribing it and asking pharmacists to report doctors. This bravery launched her onto the short-list for Woman VP.

Now she’s... warming to the drug. www.foxnews.com/politics/michigan-reverses-course-on-trump-touted-coronavirus-drugs.amp

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you read beyond the first three paragraphs, I think you'll see she's not really taking an inconsistent position.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sorry I overlooked this, but Rusty values clean clothes over saving lives. How dare you, Rusty?! Damn I got that glowy feeling of virtue all over....

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
In Kansas at least what businesses have been forced to close ther doors?

(not suggesting there aren't any just ignorant)

I know many have made the business decision to close shop but really who "can't" be open.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Soooo...

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
There are a lot of Pit’rs whose raison d'etre seems to be taking comments wildly out of context and or distorting them to make a snarky comment.

The point I was making with liquor stores, and numerous other businesses, is that the distinction between “essential vs non-essential” business seems highly arbitrary and unlikely to meaningfully slow the spread when you consider how many “essential businesses” remain open. I think it would have been smarter to identify and restrict certain businesses that are both high-risk for spread (due to close personal contact, food, etc.) and non-essential. Gyms, movie theaters, and restaurant dine-in service, for example, made sense. But closing down thousands of small businesses (just in Kansas alone) when the grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. remain open is both arbitrary and illogical. And liquor stores aren’t even “essential” in my opinion. My goodness, I think Rusty just compared liquor stores to methadone clinics! :lol:

No, snarky dumbasses, I’m not mad that those businesses are open, I’m pointing out that closing down other business when so many high-density, high-contact businesses stay open is arbitrary, illogical, and likely ineffectual.

which ones?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There are a lot of Pit’rs whose raison d'etre seems to be taking comments wildly out of context and or distorting them to make a snarky comment.

The point I was making with liquor stores, and numerous other businesses, is that the distinction between “essential vs non-essential” business seems highly arbitrary and unlikely to meaningfully slow the spread when you consider how many “essential businesses” remain open. I think it would have been smarter to identify and restrict certain businesses that are both high-risk for spread (due to close personal contact, food, etc.) and non-essential. Gyms, movie theaters, and restaurant dine-in service, for example, made sense. But closing down thousands of small businesses (just in Kansas alone) when the grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. remain open is both arbitrary and illogical. And liquor stores aren’t even “essential” in my opinion. My goodness, I think Rusty just compared liquor stores to methadone clinics! :lol:

No, snarky dumbasses, I’m not mad that those businesses are open, I’m pointing out that closing down other business when so many high-density, high-contact businesses stay open is arbitrary, illogical, and likely ineffectual.

which ones?

I already listed over a dozen in one random retail development I passed on the way home. If you want, like, a comprehensive list, nah I'm not doing that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of the cray-cray Michigan Gov.... new, arbitrary, nonsensical in-store restrictions have been imposed.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/04/10/whitmer-stay-home-michigan-lottery/5129316002/

She's gonna perfect for Biden.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
She should have to explain the garden store ban but none of the rest seems crazy