before 00:01 4-5-2020
4 (30.8%)
on 4-5-2020
4 (30.8%)
after 4-5-2020
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 02, 2020, 10:22:45 PM

Author Topic: 24 hour quick poll on kdub's death total  (Read 11562 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: 24 hour quick poll on kdub's death total
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
Now that we know we are gonna fall woefully short of Gates' hope of 1 million to 2.2 million deaths, just how many deaths are we hoping for so that we can get Drumpf out of the White House?

What's it gonna take?  Will 100k even do it or are we gonna need to get to at least 200k like cfbandyman is hoping for?

First off how the hell you get me "hoping" for 200k out of what I wrote, and second off, that 1 to 2 mill is if we literally did nothing you ignorant worthless sniviling paramecium.

First off, you mis-spelled "sniveling"...  secondly, I've never seen anybody use three adjectives to describe algae.  Didn't mean to strike a nerve so deeply.  Ts & Ps, friend.
bears are fast...

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2020, 01:29:47 PM »
At least we have moved off the swine flu talking point, I see that as a positive development.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2020, 01:43:44 PM »
That's really what its all about, ww.... coming together as one.   :cheers:
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2020, 06:55:26 PM »
Now that we know we are gonna fall woefully short of Gates' hope of 1 million to 2.2 million deaths, just how many deaths are we hoping for so that we can get Trump out of the White House?

What's it gonna take?  Will 100k even do it or are we gonna need to get to at least 200k like cfbandyman is hoping for?

Not very, "I'm not taking sides," of you.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2020, 10:36:57 PM »
took over the pole position for most deaths in the world.  20,577.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2020, 11:17:36 PM »
took over the pole position for most deaths in the world.  20,577.

Now that we know we are gonna fall woefully short of Gates' hope of 1 million to 2.2 million deaths, just how many deaths are we hoping for so that we can get Drumpf out of the White House?

First off how the hell you get me "hoping" for 200k out of what I wrote, and second off, that 1 to 2 mill is if we literally did nothing you ignorant worthless sniviling paramecium.

First off, you mis-spelled "sniveling"...  secondly, I've never seen anybody use three adjectives to describe algae.  Didn't mean to strike a nerve so deeply.  Ts & Ps, friend.

Weird, cause I never seen anyone trying to defend this rate of destruction as positive as you have. t's & p's acting like this is all ok, keep calm and carry on as they say. Also, like how you focused on sniveling, as if you could spell paramecium without looking it up, or googling what type of life form that was. Also the hyphenated misspelling seems quite middle school of you. Maybe you can elaborate on your low grade understanding of this crisis.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2020, 11:59:41 AM »
The smarter Trumpers have ditched the swine flu comparo because it actually makes Barry look like a huge stud and trump look like a moron

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2020, 01:53:37 PM »
Now that we know we are gonna fall woefully short of Gates' hope of 1 million to 2.2 million deaths, just how many deaths are we hoping for so that we can get Trump out of the White House?

I’ve always been on the “as few as rough ridin' possible” side and quietly hoping for under 30k although that will likely turn out to be unrealistic even though any death is too many.

Does that help?
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2020, 11:25:32 PM »

I’ve always been on the “as few as rough ridin' possible” side and quietly hoping for under 30k although that will likely turn out to be unrealistic even though any death is too many.

Does that help?

So just like everyone else?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2020, 12:34:01 AM »
It seems like trumpers are mad that most people wanted to shut things down and close churches for a bit to limit the number of people that get this, but they simultaneously think that people who aren’t trumpers want as many people to get this as possible in order to make trump look bad or something. Conundrum city for sure. Pick a side weirdos.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2020, 02:03:25 AM »
It seems like trumpers are mad that most people wanted to shut things down and close churches for a bit to limit the number of people that get this, but they simultaneously think that people who aren’t trumpers want as many people to get this as possible in order to make trump look bad or something. Conundrum city for sure. Pick a side weirdos.
Going for the trifecta...kill the economy, Christianity and as many people as possible in one fell swoop.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2020, 07:31:21 AM »
Remember when Kazz Dub said he didn't think we'd have 10k deaths?

I’d set the over/under at maybe 10,000 US deaths by the end of 2020...Basically a mild flu season. In fact, some of these deaths will likely overlap potential flu deaths.
You want to talk about “exponential growth”? Look at the panic emanating from government agencies. We’ve now closed all schools in Kansas for the rest of the semester. On what rational basis?

https://twitter.com/JonahDispatch/status/1250391982150684674

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2020, 08:28:23 AM »

I’d set the over/under at maybe 10,000 US deaths by the end of 2020...Basically a mild flu season. In fact, some of these deaths will likely overlap potential flu deaths.
You want to talk about “exponential growth”? Look at the panic emanating from government agencies. We’ve now closed all schools in Kansas for the rest of the semester. On what rational basis?

i guess the next move for ksuw is to claim the deaths are fake news?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »

i guess the next move for ksuw is to claim the deaths are fake news?

you haven't heard about the overcounting of deaths because a lot of folks who died with covid also had some other ailment?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:41 AM »
Yeah, how are we supposed to know the guy with diabetes wouldn't have died on a ventilator without the COVID-19?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2020, 10:52:01 AM »
I think the incel playbook calls for claiming you are cheering for the virus with a check down to it's not really covid if you had asthma

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2020, 11:07:46 AM »
I think the incel playbook calls for claiming you are cheering for the virus with a check down to it's not really covid if you had asthma

#trumpvirus (Useful Idiot Mandate 167.1.4.6-7)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »
X: I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. How did he die?

Y: Cancer. eff cancer, amirite?

X: Cancer is the worst. I hope he was made as comfortable as possible in the end.

Y: Fortunately, he went quickly. He was stopped at a red light when he accidentally meanmugged the guy next to him. Guy shot him in the chest and then dad sped off but crashed into a telephone pole and his car esploded.

X: Wow. eff cancer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2020, 11:30:49 AM »
X: I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. How did he die?

Y: Cancer. eff cancer, amirite?

X: Cancer is the worst. I hope he was made as comfortable as possible in the end.

Y: Fortunately, he went quickly. He was stopped at a red light when he accidentally meanmugged the guy next to him. Guy shot him in the chest and then dad sped off but crashed into a telephone pole and his car esploded.

X: Wow. eff cancer.

We the people find the defendant not guilty, your honor.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »
It's definitely not the flu for most people.  But for a significant portion of the population (those 34 and younger), the chances of it killing you are about on par (or less than) the flu, at least per the CDC website.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:43:08 AM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2020, 11:54:40 AM »
wow that was BMW bad KSW

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2020, 11:57:31 AM »
It's definitely not the flu for most people.  But for a significant portion of the population (those 34 and younger), the chances of it killing you are about on par (or less than) the flu, at least per the CDC website.

We don't shelter in place for the flu, so comparing total deaths doesn't make sense. I would be more interested in seeing the death rate of the infected.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2020, 12:05:08 PM »
We don't shelter in place for the flu, so comparing total deaths doesn't make sense. I would be more interested in seeing the death rate of the infected.
Well for the last x number of weeks we've been effectively sheltering in place for Corona and the flu.  The linked table above shows the comparative flu/covid deaths over the same timespan.

I don't really know of the comparative infection rates between the two viruses, but the point is, for about 40 percent of the population, way more (or the same number of) people their age have died of the flu than of coronavirus since the beginning of February.  Everyone should be taking this seriously because it's no joke for anyone, but so far, relatively very few younger people have actually died from it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:10:52 PM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2020, 12:27:24 PM »
Checking back into another thread that bears my name. :blush:

Couple obervos... First, I think I heard NY recently increased it's death count by over 3,000 based on no confirmed testing but only presumptions? Kinda makes this whole exercise a bit dubious, no?

Second, please quote your predictions from a few weeks ago.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2020, 12:27:45 PM »

One has a widely available vaccine. The other doesn’t. So that is likely an important factor to consider here. Now that it’s widespread, it’s a lot easier to get COVID-19 than the flu at this point.