Author Topic: The Babylon Bee - The Most Trusted Name in News  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Babylon Bee - The Most Trusted Name in News
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2023, 12:18:36 PM »
the Iraq War killed anywhere from 500,000 to 1 million people so I have to give it to Bush, but the US does have stronger history of free speech and institutions that made my life more comfortable than it would've been under a KGB agent as opposed to the son of a CIA man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

any other brain busters?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2023, 12:22:12 PM »
the Iraq War killed anywhere from 500,000 to 1 million people so I have to give it to Bush, but the US does have stronger history of free speech and institutions that made my life more comfortable than it would've been under a KGB agent as opposed to the son of a CIA man.

any other brain busters?
So I’m confused. You initially said it wasn’t tough to respond to Joel’s challenge to explain why Putin is worse than former US presidents like Bush. Your response just now makes me think you would have a very difficult time making that case.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2023, 01:42:40 PM »

any other brain busters?
So I’m confused. You initially said it wasn’t tough to respond to Joel’s challenge to explain why Putin is worse than former US presidents like Bush. Your response just now makes me think you would have a very difficult time making that case.
The other people were Clinton, Obama, and Zelensky not “former us presidents”. And the reasons he gave were dumb ass crap.

The sanctions regime that Clinton oversaw may have also killed as many as 1 million Iraqis so I would put him in the Putin/Bush tier. I don’t think Clinton had political opponents killed unless you mean Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Obama, is much less culpable than Putin but did many bad things. I don’t have a complete accounting of Zelensky but he is probably the least culpable of all of them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2023, 01:46:46 PM »
Ok, so in response to the question “can you explain how Putin is worse than (1) Bush, (2) Clinton, (3) Obama, or (4) Zelensky?”

Your answer is: (1) No, (2) No, (3) Yes, and (4) Yes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2023, 02:04:03 PM »
Joel Berry's skull is filled with dog poo:

https://twitter.com/JoelWBerry/status/1673869456496291840?s=20

I'm not going to click that tweet, my algos are already effed up enough from tweets in pit, but did anyone point or to him that Putin did all of those things?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2023, 02:22:30 PM »
candice lavalette
demolition derby, tryingsomething a little bit different. hoping for two great nights. we listened. they can pmovie night barticpate on friday, they have all niight firday and saturday to fix up their cars and enter saturday. it's the ame catergories each night, but you can be there both nights.
they are very excited.   lll movie night,
 it will be family friendly. back to the future.

pretty much the same great entertainment. have some b

and. each night has one entertainer . saturday during daytime, usually '

pie contest every tues thru saturd, president pie bakiing. anyone can enter. bring pie to the Breher build 7:30 and 9:30 every morning is drop off.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2023, 02:38:15 PM »
candice lavalette
demolition derby, tryingsomething a little bit different. hoping for two great nights. we listened. they can pmovie night barticpate on friday, they have all niight firday and saturday to fix up their cars and enter saturday. it's the ame catergories each night, but you can be there both nights.
they are very excited.   lll movie night,
 it will be family friendly. back to the future.

pretty much the same great entertainment. have some b

and. each night has one entertainer . saturday during daytime, usually '

pie contest every tues thru saturd, president pie bakiing. anyone can enter. bring pie to the Breher build 7:30 and 9:30 every morning is drop off.

@mikec2w

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2023, 02:58:03 PM »
barticipate

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2023, 04:55:26 PM »
Ok, so in response to the question “can you explain how Putin is worse than (1) Bush, (2) Clinton, (3) Obama, or (4) Zelensky?”

I think I explained my reasoning but I'll try again. If it were "worse for the world" I would answer it that way probably. When researching, I've seen some doubts cast on how many deaths the sanctions caused so it would be a closer call, so call it a toss up. Putin is stacking plenty of bodies now and his methods in Chechnya were truly awful as well. If it were "worse for me personally if I were living under their regime" I would say Putin wins easily, or I guess I would not want to live in Ukraine right now.

It is important to remember that I don't believe any of the dumbass reasons given by the Babylon Bee guy except the Bush one where I assume he is using roughly the same context I would but I would phrase/clarify differently. Also it is pretty rich for him to get on his high horse now as I assume like most evangelicals he completely supported both terms of Bush, whereas I was standing outside protesting the Iraq war pretty much every week for the first year. So if you want to keep asking me questions about what I think, I can carry on giving you that but I'd rather not keep discussing that moron's tweet.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2023, 07:23:50 PM »

I think I explained my reasoning but I'll try again. If it were "worse for the world" I would answer it that way probably. When researching, I've seen some doubts cast on how many deaths the sanctions caused so it would be a closer call, so call it a toss up. Putin is stacking plenty of bodies now and his methods in Chechnya were truly awful as well. If it were "worse for me personally if I were living under their regime" I would say Putin wins easily, or I guess I would not want to live in Ukraine right now.

It is important to remember that I don't believe any of the dumbass reasons given by the Babylon Bee guy except the Bush one where I assume he is using roughly the same context I would but I would phrase/clarify differently. Also it is pretty rich for him to get on his high horse now as I assume like most evangelicals he completely supported both terms of Bush, whereas I was standing outside protesting the Iraq war pretty much every week for the first year. So if you want to keep asking me questions about what I think, I can carry on giving you that but I'd rather not keep discussing that moron's tweet.
I’m literally only asking you to defend your position that it’s not tough to explain how Putin is worse than any of those people listed.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2023, 07:40:57 PM »

I’m literally only asking you to defend your position that it’s not tough to explain how Putin is worse than any of those people listed.
I’m right here for any further discussion of what I actually think as opposed to whatever interpretation you are trying to draw, but fixating on me saying “not tough” to someone else has probably run its course at this point.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2023, 09:33:33 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2024, 07:43:08 PM »
unabashed racism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2024, 07:44:31 PM »
Yikes

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2024, 07:45:37 PM »
Ooooooh. Cuz he's Indian.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2024, 08:45:35 PM »
The bee is still just sensitive about 9/11
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2024, 10:00:52 PM »
surprised they didn't frame that joke using their standard "X identifies as Y" format

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2024, 10:43:43 PM »
that is vile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2024, 08:23:59 PM »
that exact same story could run in the onion.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2024, 08:47:37 PM »
that exact same story could run in the onion.
It comes down to if we can trust the Babylon Bee to do satiric racism.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2024, 07:50:56 PM »
i think it would have been funnier to have had him running a white house trump hotel.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2024, 12:13:32 PM »
This sure triggered a lot of Right wingers.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2024, 12:43:03 PM »
You can pry my White Supremacy from my cold, dead, inbred fingers (((Babylon Bee)))!!!!