Author Topic: The Babylon Bee - The Most Trusted Name in News  (Read 7704 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Babylon Bee - The Most Trusted Name in News
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »
“The problem with this country is that not enough people think exactly like me.”
-An actual non-ironic quote from a guy who writes satire for a living.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2022, 01:16:05 PM »
JB: There is no "black" or "white" church, just one true church made of people who hold the same theological positions as me.

Also JB: Here are some examples I found on an internet search of how bad the Black church is and why Black people need to come back to white churches now that people from white churches are  not blowing up Black kids while they attend Sunday School.

https://twitter.com/JoelWBerry/status/1580552521244094464?s=20&t=vLZq-4sth6pnR66TU95NGA

this entire thread is worth reading. I've been a big fan of Phil Vischer's podcast for a while. Most weeks I listen.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2022, 01:19:31 PM »
“The problem with this country is that not enough people think exactly like me.”
-An actual non-ironic quote from a guy who writes satire for a living.

Plus, he unironically wants the church (not most black churches, though) to control the government.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2022, 01:59:24 PM »
The funniest Bee stories are the non-political ones.  But those don't go viral or get fact checked by snopes.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2022, 02:06:34 PM »
JB: There is no "black" or "white" church, just one true church made of people who hold the same theological positions as me.

Also JB: Here are some examples I found on an internet search of how bad the Black church is and why Black people need to come back to white churches now that people from white churches are  not blowing up Black kids while they attend Sunday School.

https://twitter.com/JoelWBerry/status/1580552521244094464?s=20&t=vLZq-4sth6pnR66TU95NGA

this entire thread is worth reading. I've been a big fan of Phil Vischer's podcast for a while. Most weeks I listen.
Holy Post is usually a good listen although it seems like they've had the same topic for about six months now -- "Why are evangelicals so attracted to Trump?" They have some interesting interview guests.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2022, 02:14:56 PM »
The funniest Bee stories are the non-political ones.  But those don't go viral or get fact checked by snopes.

I like the cover page that begs for money so they can prevail against Big Tech, the liberal media, and anyone else who tries to take them down. Plus, if you subscribe, you get a free book from them on wokeness.

Online Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2022, 02:17:04 PM »

I like the cover page that begs for money so they can prevail against Big Tech, the liberal media, and anyone else who tries to take them down. Plus, if you subscribe, you get a free book from them on wokeness.
More like Rage Against the Bee, amiright?
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2022, 02:19:47 PM »
Maybe they will put me in their next book.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2022, 02:24:51 PM »

idk I've never been to their page but like there's one where the motion lights go out in the middle of a presbyterian church service due to lack of motion.   :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2022, 02:41:25 PM »

idk I've never been to their page but like there's one where the motion lights go out in the middle of a presbyterian church service due to lack of motion.   :lol:
4 -5 years ago, most of their stuff was like this -- enjoyable jabs at the quirks of different denominations.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2022, 07:40:45 PM »
He's like a Texags poster.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2022, 08:34:48 PM »
“Single women are the problem with society today.”

-incels and also Babylon bee guy

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2022, 09:22:52 AM »
Well, he would have gladly paid the $600 if the doctor wouldn't have given him sound medical advice.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2022, 09:27:38 AM »
same people who were screaming about baby formula shortages now hate baby formula and I am lol'ing

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »
same people who were screaming about baby formula shortages now hate baby formula and I am lol'ing
okay. I didn't get that "shelf-stable soybean oil" referred to baby formula. I think there is a thing going around in some circles about the evils of "seed oils." Haven't looked into it much.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2022, 10:02:57 AM »
okay. I didn't get that "shelf-stable soybean oil" referred to baby formula. I think there is a thing going around in some circles about the evils of "seed oils." Haven't looked into it much.

war against farmers I guess

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2022, 10:20:14 AM »

yeah. they had better not come after the soybeans. sounds like maybe soybeans are replacing corn which replaced wheat as the new food bogeyman.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2022, 02:06:15 PM »

yeah. they had better not come after the soybeans. sounds like maybe soybeans are replacing corn which replaced wheat as the new food bogeyman.

It's really just a shot at the lactose intolerant. They don't give a crap if you eat soy products, but they care deeply if you don't drink milk that came from a cow.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2023, 01:55:11 PM »

I guess this is the official Phil Vischer thread. I thought this conversation between Phil and Esau McCaulley about the misappropriation of MLK’s legacy, religion and race was fascinating:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-holy-post/id591157388?i=1000597861769

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »