Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050740 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #18425 on: September 24, 2021, 12:15:40 PM »
I think Phil just likes to argue with Dax

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18426 on: September 24, 2021, 12:18:08 PM »
I think Phil just likes to argue with Dax

I was legit asking for once.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #18427 on: September 24, 2021, 12:19:33 PM »
Getting around the immunocompromised on the big pharmacy apps is easy.  It appears the #1 denial is time since 2nd dose.  A couple came in while I was there and the wife was denied because she was 2 weeks short.  She just has to wait 2 weeks and she’s good. Next may be age.  But if you’re out out 6 months.   Give it a try (or shot)

If this was an attempt to answer my question, it failed.  If it's not recommended for me why go against what they are recommending?

Obviously it's easy to get around it and lie I just don't know why I would.
Okay then. Thanks for weighing in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dax for almost being normal for 1 post.  I thought I might actually get an answer to my very simple question.
Phil, if you don’t want Pfizer 3.0 then don’t get it.  What would you like me to say?   Based on what I’ve seen and read world wide.  All Pfizer recipients should get upgraded to 3,0 at the 6 month mark.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18428 on: September 24, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
Gotcha.  I'm an elite ModernaBro but have some Pfizer buds so was wondering why someone would suggest stepping out and get it against CDC recommendations. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18429 on: September 24, 2021, 12:41:53 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18430 on: September 24, 2021, 12:52:56 PM »
Remember how initial chips were rationed/recommended out to make it where those deemed most in need would get them first but obviously everyone was going to need/get them?  This is the same.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18431 on: September 24, 2021, 01:01:20 PM »
Remember how initial chips were rationed/recommended out to make it where those deemed most in need would get them first but obviously everyone was going to need/get them?  This is the same.

but we don't have a shortage anymore so why not tell us smart ones who want it to go crazy immediately if it's better?  Prepping for 5-11?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18432 on: September 24, 2021, 02:22:48 PM »
In the end, I imagine the FDA probably will approve boosters for all after more data rolls in. I would say the situation we’re in now is more like “emergency use” approval versus full approval. They just need to do their science nerd thing.

I do wish more people actually cared about what health experts said rather than wait to see if the experts’ opinions match up to whatever decision they’ve already made for themselves based on articles and arguments clearly drawing on less complete evidence.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18433 on: September 24, 2021, 02:52:12 PM »

I do wish more people actually cared about what health experts said rather than wait to see if the experts’ opinions match up to whatever decision they’ve already made for themselves based on articles and arguments clearly drawing on less complete evidence.

This was kind of where I'm at. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18434 on: September 24, 2021, 03:08:10 PM »

Uh, except the fact that there is far from a consensus among "health experts."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18435 on: September 24, 2021, 03:10:25 PM »

Guess I defer to the CDC and their guidance as the ultimate health expert.  Even dentists can't agree on a toothpaste.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #18436 on: September 24, 2021, 06:19:43 PM »

Just like global warming right? I mean even the FDA advisory vote was something like 16-2.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18437 on: September 25, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »
I kind of thought it was a given that immunity has been shown to wane after 6-8 months, and the 3rd shot helps boost antibodies back up. However, I took it that what's best for me isn't necessary what's best for thee.

In other words, boosting me from 50%-60% back up to 95% is considered less helpful than giving those shots to the unvaccinated, because of mutations and hospital resources. Especially while severe illness remains relatively low for the vaccinated. Interestingly enough, I'd bet 99% of the people with any influence on this decision have already been boosted, or will be very shortly.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18438 on: September 25, 2021, 10:17:48 PM »
I don’t think the FDA’s decision is based on concerns of vaccine availability. At least I haven’t read that it’s a concern. As far as I can tell the issue is: sure a booster pumps you up with more antibodies, but if you’re not high risk of COVID complications or immunocompromised, what are the actual benefits of that boost? I just don’t think there is data on that at this point.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18439 on: September 25, 2021, 11:49:39 PM »
I don’t think the FDA’s decision is based on concerns of vaccine availability. At least I haven’t read that it’s a concern. As far as I can tell the issue is: sure a booster pumps you up with more antibodies, but if you’re not high risk of COVID complications or immunocompromised, what are the actual benefits of that boost? I just don’t think there is data on that at this point.

Like when you eat one of those 5000 RDV vitamins and your piss turns neon green
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: September 26, 2021, 01:20:01 AM »

Like when you eat one of those 5000 RDV vitamins and your piss turns neon green
I thought an added benefit of boosters was we'd be much more immune to covid, which could help slow the spread to those under 12 and the voluntarily unvaccinated? Also, I wasn't necessarily referring to an availability issue in the US. I gathered the US would be considered "hording" shots that could otherwise go to countries that aren't able to adequately vaccinate their populations, which would help slow spreading and mutations.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: September 26, 2021, 08:11:32 AM »
I kind of thought it was a given that immunity has been shown to wane after 6-8 months, and the 3rd shot helps boost antibodies back up. However, I took it that what's best for me isn't necessary what's best for thee.

In other words, boosting me from 50%-60% back up to 95% is considered less helpful than giving those shots to the unvaccinated, because of mutations and hospital resources. Especially while severe illness remains relatively low for the vaccinated. Interestingly enough, I'd bet 99% of the people with any influence on this decision have already been boosted, or will be very shortly.
There are millions of doses waiting for dipshits who have refused to show up and get them.  The CVS I went to had appointments open all day long and people walking in got chipped in a matter of minutes.    The person who gave me my Pfizer 3.0 said they had plenty. 

If you’re point is relative to poor countries then that’s reasonable.  But the US has sent  over 300-400 million doses abroad.   That covers a lot of smaller poor countries.  They’ll be sending more as well. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: September 27, 2021, 07:23:59 AM »
my 6 months since dose 2 is up on oct 10. but I'm flying on vacation on oct 10. would like to boost up these 'bodies prior to that....

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18443 on: September 27, 2021, 07:47:09 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: September 27, 2021, 08:36:45 AM »
Well that is new info

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18445 on: September 27, 2021, 09:06:45 AM »
mrs mocat (double pfizer'd since april) tested positive. she has a headache, no taste/smell, and other cold-like symptoms

:frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: September 27, 2021, 09:08:02 AM »
I'm going to get an illicit boost to avoid that minor PITA

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18447 on: September 27, 2021, 03:20:04 PM »
Went to Walmart last week and tried to get the booster shot and they gave me a form on which I had to be close to dead to qualify.
I thought it would be NBD to get it since I qualified for the early shots in February.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: September 27, 2021, 03:45:46 PM »
Me, dax, and iPOTUS, all boosted. :excited:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18449 on: September 27, 2021, 04:18:16 PM »
Went to Walmart last week and tried to get the booster shot and they gave me a form on which I had to be close to dead to qualify.
I thought it would be NBD to get it since I qualified for the early shots in February.
Hyvee will give you one if it’s been six months since your second jab