Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1070500 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #18450 on: September 28, 2021, 02:51:12 AM »
Went to Walmart last week and tried to get the booster shot and they gave me a form on which I had to be close to dead to qualify.
I thought it would be NBD to get it since I qualified for the early shots in February.
Hyvee will give you one if it’s been six months since your second jab

Will try, TIA.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: September 28, 2021, 06:31:46 AM »
Make an appointment on the CVS website.  Site an underlying health condition, that and 6 months should get you right in.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: September 28, 2021, 11:53:54 AM »
Kiddo soccer practice canceled last night, so at 3:45 p.m., I made an appointment at CVS for 4:45 p.m. Out the door with the shot at 5:05 p.m. (after the 15-minute wait). If you fill out the online appointment form in advance, you need to provide insurance info and then say you meet one of the conditions (over 65, immuno-compromised, work in an at-risk job, etc.).

I happen to fall into the at-risk job category, but there is absolutely zero effort to confirm people actually are in one of the categories (right or wrong). So, anyone who wants one, go get one.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: September 28, 2021, 11:59:24 AM »
Went to Walmart last week and tried to get the booster shot and they gave me a form on which I had to be close to dead to qualify.
I thought it would be NBD to get it since I qualified for the early shots in February.
Hyvee will give you one if it’s been six months since your second jab

I saw a tweet this morning from someone saying they received the booster despite receiving Moderna for their first two rounds. Not super surprising because of all the mixing and matching we’ve read about, but I hadn’t heard anyone recommend Moderna folks get the booster.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: September 28, 2021, 12:11:36 PM »
The moderna data is behind Pfizer but I believe it was still filed for booster consideration.

Parents getting their boost today!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: September 28, 2021, 12:12:02 PM »
So I can get the Moderna booster if I had the Pfizer double jab?  I think that is the power move here right?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: September 28, 2021, 12:17:33 PM »
So I can get the Moderna booster if I had the Pfizer double jab?  I think that is the power move here right?

You have to do a bit of finagling with the CVS website, but yeah.  Each location only does one or the other.  So start by saying you need a moderna and it'll tell you which shops have it.  Then answer the questions and get your appointment.  When you show up, they'll tell you you f'd up and you need to sign up for a pfizer and get it at a different shop, and you'll tell them that no you intended this and want/need a moderna booster and that you've researched it and consulted with your doc and know that the mix is best.  They'll give you a disclaimer that the moderna chaser isn't approved recommended yet and you'll tell them you appreciate that but want it, and they'll install it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: September 28, 2021, 12:20:38 PM »

You have to do a bit of finagling with the CVS website, but yeah.  Each location only does one or the other.  So start by saying you need a moderna and it'll tell you which shops have it.  Then answer the questions and get your appointment.  When you show up, they'll tell you you f'd up and you need to sign up for a pfizer and get it at a different shop, and you'll tell them that no you intended this and want/need a moderna booster and that you've researched it and consulted with your doc and know that the mix is best.  They'll give you a disclaimer that the moderna chaser isn't approved recommended yet and you'll tell them you appreciate that but want it, and they'll install it.

If you're going to lie anyway, just say this is your first dose and pay cash.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: September 28, 2021, 12:28:46 PM »

There’s no lying involved. I guess you have to somewhat inaccurately fill out the questions in order to get to the correct live person because the website doesn’t have that path otherwise. But once you get to that person, you tell them all truth and they jab you.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: September 28, 2021, 01:01:51 PM »
I haven't read a moderna booster is out there for anybody or the data showing it's even beneficial?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: September 28, 2021, 01:15:40 PM »
I haven't read a moderna booster is out there for anybody or the data showing it's even beneficial?
Moderna says their data shows that I t is and the CDC and FDA are reviewing

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: September 28, 2021, 01:24:57 PM »

Cool. Yeah I just saw fda hasn't approved any moderna booster for any population segment so interesting trim was able to get one

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: September 28, 2021, 01:30:51 PM »

Pay cash? Dillons is offering a $50 gift card for COVID shots, so if I were getting a boost, I would tell them it's my first shot and take that cash.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: September 28, 2021, 01:36:51 PM »

Cool. Yeah I just saw fda hasn't approved any moderna booster for any population segment so interesting trim was able to get one

Moderna's approved as an interchangeable booster for people who should be getting a booster and can't get back to a place w/pfizers on hand.  Those people should be getting a moderna now rather than going through extra effort/delay to get a 3rd pfizer. 

I went the extra mile to ask my doc if, given that interchangeability, I should settle for the available 3rd pfizer or wait until when mix & match is for ever-y-one or push for a moderna now, and he rec'd trying to get the moderna now if possible. 

I went to the CVS that I knew was a moderna shop and they told me I had to make an appointment online first before I could even talk about my situation.  I did so, having to jack w/the website to schedule an appointment back at that CVS, went back, had the conversation and got my moderna with me telling them what I'd discussed w/my doc and them giving me the disclaimer and me confirming I wanted a moderna chaser.  And now I have it.

Only snag I've hit is that the clear app doesn't let me record yet my moderna chaser following the initial pfizers.  But I've got my fully-filled out card, and it's registered with the state, insurance, etc.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: September 28, 2021, 10:27:36 PM »
Feels good not to gaf about covid anymore, right fellas?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: September 28, 2021, 10:37:31 PM »
I honestly haven’t cared about or had a second thought about it in months.  Feels pretty good.  I also started early, followed all the guidelines, waited my turn for a shot, will get another if needed, traveled, lived my life.

First time hearing about Red Covid today and I don’t even care.  I made my choice, they made theirs.  Do not care.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: September 29, 2021, 08:56:02 AM »
I honestly haven’t cared about or had a second thought about it in months.  Feels pretty good.  I also started early, followed all the guidelines, waited my turn for a shot, will get another if needed, traveled, lived my life.

First time hearing about Red Covid today and I don’t even care.  I made my choice, they made theirs.  Do not care.

My 9bky cares have been at a macro level and kids in my family. My activity went back to basically normal after dose 2.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: September 29, 2021, 09:47:12 AM »
hell yeah united airlines. also how excited are they to fire 500 of their certainly shittiest employees without jumping through the normal hoops? win for the air traveller and win for the company. as a conscientious republican capitalist this thing has the flavors I crave.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: September 29, 2021, 09:48:59 AM »
I've seen the term "Red Covid" like 8 times today

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/red-covid-coronavirus-deaths-are-highest-in-counties-with-the-largest-share-of-trump-voters-report-11632764116

I think dax has abandoned this.  It is now 1 trillion % proven that trumpers are more likely to be anti-vax than others.  The numbers are simply overwhelming.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: September 29, 2021, 10:31:04 AM »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/red-covid-coronavirus-deaths-are-highest-in-counties-with-the-largest-share-of-trump-voters-report-11632764116

I think dax has abandoned this.  It is now 1 trillion % proven that trumpers are more likely to be anti-vax than others.  The numbers are simply overwhelming.
Yet I just looked at the numbers and there are still tens of millions that are not vaccinated in non MAGA populations. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: September 29, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »

Yet I just looked at the numbers and there are still tens of millions that are not vaccinated in non MAGA populations.

Definitely true.  Not even slightly helpful for you, but yes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: September 29, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »

Definitely true.  Not even slightly helpful for you, but yes.
What do I need help for?  You’re movement has decided to politicize this and make non MAGA populations non people to fit your narrative. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: September 29, 2021, 11:22:50 AM »
Who are non maga people not counted? Oh is dakkk attack back? If you are a POC you obviously can't be on daxs political side?