Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050238 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15400 on: April 21, 2021, 07:14:33 AM »
Is Michigan getting better? Because they were getting rocked.

A conservative guy I used to work with there had his dad die from Covid a couple weeks ago. For whatever reason he shared on it social media as "my dad passed due to complications after contacting Covid pneumonia", my guess is because he didn't want to say it was from Covid

not sure on MI specifically but we were increasing hospitalizations which was concerning for sure but it has come back down to net flat (also not great). Have to imagine with the amount of vaccinations that doesn't pop again (and if it does it's really bad news because something isn't working).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: April 21, 2021, 07:27:11 AM »
Mrs Katpappy works at hospital and says ppl who were chipped are still getting covid, but symptoms are more flu like and ppl get well on there own.

How does she know?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: April 21, 2021, 09:01:42 AM »
I'm surprised vaxxed that got Covid had to go to the hospital unless they caught it before it fully kicked in.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15403 on: April 21, 2021, 09:11:35 AM »
I'm surprised vaxxed that got Covid had to go to the hospital unless they caught it before it fully kicked in.

Same.  That is odd that there are multiple hospitalizations of the fully vaxxed.  I feel like that would be a big story

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: April 21, 2021, 02:18:51 PM »
Received second Moderna cocktail this morning.  It has been flowing around my body for over 3 hrs.  So far feeling great!

Update....
This 2nd dose knocked me on my ass!  I've been fighting a fever and severe body aches since 2p yesterday afternoon. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15405 on: April 21, 2021, 03:03:54 PM »
Received second Moderna cocktail this morning.  It has been flowing around my body for over 3 hrs.  So far feeling great!

Update....
This 2nd dose knocked me on my ass!  I've been fighting a fever and severe body aches since 2p yesterday afternoon.
Dang, that sucks! But hell yeah also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15406 on: April 21, 2021, 03:09:07 PM »

Same.  That is odd that there are multiple hospitalizations of the fully vaxxed.  I feel like that would be a big story

Um what?  The vaccines are not 100% effective against severe cases, that isn’t news.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15407 on: April 21, 2021, 03:31:01 PM »

Um what?  The vaccines are not 100% effective against severe cases, that isn’t news.

Link?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15408 on: April 21, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/548440-cdc-5800-breakthrough-covid-19-cases-documented-among-millions-who-are

The breakthrough COVID-19 infections reported to the CDC were out of more than 75 million fully vaccinated individuals in the U.S., occurring in less than 0.008 percent of fully vaccinated people. Hospitalizations have occurred in 0.0005 percent of all full vaccinations and deaths in almost 0.0001 percent.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15409 on: April 21, 2021, 04:24:31 PM »

.00005 is an anomoly.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15410 on: April 21, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »
I don’t think many are really arguing otherwise. Just means the anecdotal stories are entirely plausible.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15411 on: April 21, 2021, 07:31:17 PM »
I don’t think many are really arguing otherwise. Just means the anecdotal stories are entirely plausible.
Multiple instances of fully vaccinated folks getting admitted due to Covid in one hospital isn't plausible.

The vaccine had high efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death in people who did get sick. No one who got COVID-19 at least 4 weeks after receiving the J&J/Janssen vaccine had to be hospitalized.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15412 on: April 22, 2021, 01:58:51 AM »
Multiple instances of fully vaccinated folks getting admitted due to Covid in one hospital isn't plausible.

Did anyone say that either? I assumed the person katpappy referenced had just read the same news stories.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15413 on: April 22, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1385230191702728708

It's exciting that we're getting back to normal. I wonder if people are going to bitch and moan about this since, "Fans 16 and older must provide documentation showing that at least two weeks have passed since a final vaccination dose." I guess it doesn't matter if they do.

Would those states that banned vaccine passports be able to prevent companies or teams from doing this? Is your vaccination card a vaccine passport?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15415 on: April 22, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1385230191702728708

It's exciting that we're getting back to normal. I wonder if people are going to bitch and moan about this since, "Fans 16 and older must provide documentation showing that at least two weeks have passed since a final vaccination dose." I guess it doesn't matter if they do.

Would those states that banned vaccine passports be able to prevent companies or teams from doing this? Is your vaccination card a vaccine passport?

I went to the A's game yesterday and it was a delight, I loved spreading out and am in no rush to get back into a crowded section

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15416 on: April 22, 2021, 09:30:18 AM »
The herd immunity discussion in the travel thread got me thinking and this sums up my thoughts pretty well

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1385230691965751299

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1385231401763708929
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:37:22 AM by michigancat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15417 on: April 22, 2021, 09:38:05 AM »
still have to wear masks but now they crowd you together?  i'll stick to the unvaccinated section, thanks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15418 on: April 22, 2021, 09:40:38 AM »
Yeah this chipped dude is hanging out with the unclean spread out sections.

Royals games feel like normal april games. They are always sparse. Feels good to get back out there.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15419 on: April 22, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »
I assume the vaccinated section is cheaper which is what I usually prioritize.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15420 on: April 22, 2021, 09:44:08 AM »
still have to wear masks but now they crowd you together?  i'll stick to the unvaccinated section, thanks.

yes, 100%

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: April 22, 2021, 10:32:37 AM »

The vaccine had high efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death in people who did get sick. No one who got COVID-19 at least 4 weeks after receiving the J&J/Janssen vaccine had to be hospitalized.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html

EXACTLY.  If someone who "works at a hospital" is telling you they are seeing multiple vaccinated admissions they are making that story up.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: April 22, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »

yes, 100%
Wait, so like, you guys want to keep distance and wear masks in perpetuity?  I'm maybe misunderstanding because the royals game was on too late at night lastnight.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: April 22, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »
The chip'd section is still masks but not distanced, is I think what they are saying.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: April 22, 2021, 11:23:25 AM »

yes, 100%
Wait, so like, you guys want to keep distance and wear masks in perpetuity?  I'm maybe misunderstanding because the royals game was on too late at night lastnight.
No, I would just rather sit in the non vacc section (myself being vaccinated) with empty seats around me than in a vaccinated section shoulder to shoulder with chuds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk