Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068955 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15450 on: April 26, 2021, 09:31:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/1386489831111462914
I know I’ve made it clear already, but I’m increasingly pissed off about how the messaging is being handled at all levels.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: April 26, 2021, 09:34:22 AM »
"No safer at 60 ft than 6 ft" is a pretty solid argument for keeping 6 ft distance, actually. They should have looked at 6 ft vs 1 ft.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: April 26, 2021, 09:50:04 AM »
I wonder how much of that is actually people missing them vs. changing around locations and providers so they can get the second shot at a more convenient time/location

My straight stats are that 30 people canceled out of 2nd chip’n yesterday at the drugstore where they’d had their 1st installation exactly 3 weeks ago on a Sunday and at which the 2nd appointment was set for the earliest time possible and same location for their convenience.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: April 26, 2021, 09:53:40 AM »
I definitely cancelled my second appointment in favor of something closer. Same day appointments are easy to get just about anywhere in DFW now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: April 26, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »
I kept my same location, just for nostalgia and they were giving out dope AF clear face shields.

Also LOL at any total banana head that thinks that MIT article states masks spread more.  Science isn't even that hard but idiots still struggle

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: April 26, 2021, 09:57:19 AM »

Interesting. I didn't read in that story where dax got his "masks may spread it more" point but it's par for the course.

As an aside "utm_source=Facebook" lol. That Facebook feed is a trip I bet

I mean my takeaway from the article is "don't be indoors for a long time with other people" which is pretty much in line with what I've always thought.

People like the six foot rule for the same reason they like sanitizing surfaces - it feels like you're doing something.

Agreed. Cleaning is obviously a great thing just for overall public health but it's turning into theater

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: April 26, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »
I kept my same location, just for nostalgia and they were giving out dope AF clear face shields.

Also LOL at any total banana head that thinks that MIT article states masks spread more.  Science isn't even that hard but idiots still struggle

I just smh and moved on from that bit of trolling.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: April 26, 2021, 10:02:11 AM »
"No safer at 60 ft than 6 ft" is a pretty solid argument for keeping 6 ft distance, actually. They should have looked at 6 ft vs 1 ft.
Yeah IMO the question is "do you open or not?" and if you do open, base the restrictions on number of people and time.

Also I kind of doubt that three people sixty feet apart in a basketball gym for an hour are just as likely to spread the virus than three people six feet apart in a 10x10 conference room for an hour.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: April 26, 2021, 11:05:38 AM »
I know the simpleton headline readers have difficulty ingesting things at a full level of comprehension.

But in so many words the MIT dude said that wearing a mask indoors causes your breathing to rise into the air and move to other parts of the indoor setting.

The primary take away is that proper ventilation and air exchange is the key, not masks or social distancing.   A properly ventilated indoor setting could conceivably have opened/re-opened a long time ago with at or near capacity with proper air exchange.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: April 26, 2021, 11:21:02 AM »
I know the simpleton headline readers have difficulty ingesting things at a full level of comprehension.

But in so many words the MIT dude said that wearing a mask indoors causes your breathing to rise into the air and move to other parts of the indoor setting.

The primary take away is that proper ventilation and air exchange is the key, not masks or social distancing.   A properly ventilated indoor setting could conceivably have opened/re-opened a long time ago with at or near capacity with proper air exchange.

the humanity

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: April 26, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »
If a business owner is faced with redoing their ventilation system or requiring mask usage, which do you think they would choose?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: April 26, 2021, 01:02:23 PM »
Masks are immaterial in any setting with protracted occupancy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: April 26, 2021, 01:40:13 PM »
If a business owner is faced with redoing their ventilation system or requiring mask usage, which do you think they would choose?

But when "your breathing rises into the air", as dax ARTFULLY opined, what can we do!?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: April 26, 2021, 01:42:32 PM »
KCMO gets rid of  capacity and distancing as of Friday. Masks still required. Goes until end of May and mayor said he hopes this was the last order which would mean no city required masks in June.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: April 26, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »
 Sonofmasklessdaxjones

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15465 on: April 26, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
the anti-mask pivot dax is hilariously trying is gold.  It will go in his book

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: April 26, 2021, 01:52:43 PM »
Only the most simple of people (so, SlowDug and Cire aka BAU) think that this is some sort of a anti -mask stance.

The simple fact remains, a non-N95 mask in an indoor environment is essentially meaningless in a protracted occupation indoor environment.    Ventilation is the lynchpin.

Dax:  Fully vaccinated pro-masker.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: April 26, 2021, 02:16:05 PM »
It’s annoying how you always have people pouncing on one article or another and try using it to validate their world view, but we absolutely should be studying exactly how worthwhile masks and distancing even are in a given setting.

One thing I didn’t see mention in the CNBC article was the concept of viral load and how/whether that’s important to severity of infection and if masks help with that.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: April 26, 2021, 02:20:07 PM »

He's been on the "masks don't work" train for like a year but I think this is the first time he has upgraded to "masks make it worse"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: April 26, 2021, 02:23:15 PM »
It’s annoying how you always have people pouncing on one article or another and try using it to validate their world view, but we absolutely should be studying exactly how worthwhile masks and distancing even are in a given setting.

One thing I didn’t see mention in the CNBC article was the concept of viral load and how/whether that’s important to severity of infection and if masks help with that.

It seems like a waste of time at this point. Just get vaccinated and you don't have to worry about any of this crap anymore.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: April 26, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »

He's been on the "masks don't work" train for like a year but I think this is the first time he has upgraded to "masks make it worse"

At least he isn't on the vaccines are untested, unproven and may cause long term health effects moron train

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: April 26, 2021, 03:14:29 PM »
keep chipping and we can be done.  we're almost there as it is, it seems like.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: April 26, 2021, 03:20:17 PM »
keep chipping and we can be done.  we're almost there as it is, it seems like.
this is the bottom line.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15473 on: April 26, 2021, 03:25:09 PM »

It seems like a waste of time at this point. Just get vaccinated and you don't have to worry about any of this crap anymore.
My hunch is the genie’s out of the bottle on this one. SE Asian countries already deal with SARS breakouts fairly frequently, so not sure why we couldn’t be in the same boat eventually. I don’t think it’s a waste to figure out the best response to balance physical/ psychological/ economic health in the event of another significant airborne virus.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: April 26, 2021, 03:54:36 PM »
Se Asian countries don't deal with this one.  If SE Asian countries had this type of crap frequently, we would too.  The amount of travel between the area and here is astounding.