Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1064679 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #12000 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »
I'm fine waiting, I'll get it eventually (the chip)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:05 AM »
you can get a bigger bang for you buck by immunizing people that have a negligible mortality rate and frequently don't even have symptoms?  gmafb.

go ahead and explain to the 85 year old living alone that hasn't been out of his apartment in a year that you get a bigger bang for your buck by immunizing a college student in between frat parties.
My proposal does not assume old people will agree with it. It’s exclusively greater good based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: November 18, 2020, 11:41:58 AM »
Sys is right
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: November 18, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
you can get a bigger bang for you buck by immunizing people that have a negligible mortality rate and frequently don't even have symptoms?  gmafb.

go ahead and explain to the 85 year old living alone that hasn't been out of his apartment in a year that you get a bigger bang for your buck by immunizing a college student in between frat parties.

if you don't want to spitball wtf you even doing here?

Trying to explain the thought process.  I am not convinced what is right if speaking only about age.
My plan does not assume old people will agree with it. It’s max greater good based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine the complaints that fat people (and the comorbidities that come with fat) will get to fastpass the line.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: November 18, 2020, 11:53:35 AM »
Sys is right

I thought the people disagreeing with him were just kidding. Not wanting the elderly and those with comprising heath issues to get the vaccine first is just as ghoulish as justwin's kill the weak for the greater good talking point that kicked this pandemic off.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: November 18, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »
I think the assumption that everyone wants it might be a flawed premise.  How many doses are we talking about initially?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: November 18, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »
I think the assumption that everyone wants it might be a flawed premise.  How many doses are we talking about initially?
30M by end of year in US assuming moderna and pfizer only ready in 2020. I posted some demographics a week or so ago on how many work in medical and older people. We would for sure do all medical that want it

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: November 18, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »
I’m fine with the olds going after frontlines as long as when they die in close proximity to vaccination date we don’t stop or pause the chipping

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: November 18, 2020, 12:38:31 PM »
Sys is right

I thought the people disagreeing with him were just kidding. Not wanting the elderly and those with comprising heath issues to get the vaccine first is just as ghoulish as justwin's kill the weak for the greater good talking point that kicked this pandemic off.

Sys may be right about what the public is willing to accept, but you're not necessarily going to get the best bang for your buck by vaccinating the old and those with comorbidities first.  It is quite possible you'll get a better bang for your buck by vaccinating those most likely to be spreaders.  Also, if you vaccinate younger people first, you'll probably be able to open more businesses sooner.

The idea that having comorbidities, that are a result of your own lifestyle choices, gets you privileged access to the vaccine is not uncontroversial to everyone.

My talking point about weighing the economic impacts is not ghoulish, but is rational.  There are all kinds of people, including Peter Singer, that were discussing these kinds of issues.  Your attempt to shut down the debate by characterizing it that way is the ghoulish behavior.  It's quite possible that the economic consequences of shutting down were worth the benefits, but it doesn't just immediately follow that it is the case because some people may die.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: November 18, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
High school and college students get roughly an hour of exposure to hundreds of other people every day and then they spread the virus to the vulnerable. Unless we want to see remote school in the fall of 2021, we need to vaccinate them.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: November 18, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »
Spend tons of money on removing any barriers to manufacturing shitloads of chips and get these things implanted in ever-y-one ASAP.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: November 18, 2020, 01:17:29 PM »

All the surveys I've seen come in between 50-60% which is in line with what's the normal annual rate for the flu vaccine. Usually that's given to roughly 60% of American children and 45% of American adults.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: November 18, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »
“Bang for your buck” like its a rough ridin' actuarial table

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: November 18, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »
Society requires values that go beyond balance sheets

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: November 18, 2020, 01:28:15 PM »
Sys is right

Sys may be right about what the public is willing to accept, but you're not necessarily going to get the best bang for your buck by vaccinating the old and those with comorbidities first.  It is quite possible you'll get a better bang for your buck by vaccinating those most likely to be spreaders.  Also, if you vaccinate younger people first, you'll probably be able to open more businesses sooner.

The idea that having comorbidities, that are a result of your own lifestyle choices, gets you privileged access to the vaccine is not uncontroversial to everyone.

My talking point about weighing the economic impacts is not ghoulish, but is rational.  There are all kinds of people, including Peter Singer, that were discussing these kinds of issues.  Your attempt to shut down the debate by characterizing it that way is the ghoulish behavior.  It's quite possible that the economic consequences of shutting down were worth the benefits, but it doesn't just immediately follow that it is the case because some people may die.

A couple of things, most importantly is most comotbidities aren't a result of lifestyle choices.

The people that you want to vaccinate first, people most likely to be spreaders, is the segment of the population least likely to get the vaccine. Old people spend money too and are much more likely to get the vaccine.

You want to seemingly punish people with comorbidities and the elderly, but reward people with the greatest means to sit home for a couple of months while continuing to contribute to the economy.

You want the economy helped, let the government do that, not science. A stimulus will keep people going for two more quarters, a stimulus won't keep our most vulnerable citizens alive.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12015 on: November 18, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »
“Bang for your buck” like its a rough ridin' actuarial table

He/she takes exception to the ghoulish tag while saying things unquestionably ghoulish.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: November 18, 2020, 01:36:29 PM »
I think that on retirement day, as soon as you have your cake and ice cream at the office, they should take you around back and shoot you.  Save some $$$ on Social Security.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: November 18, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »
Long talk with research scientist bro this morning.   He personally thinks the chipping should have already begun,  the results of the trials are sufficient.   EAU should have already been applied for and authorized, chipping commenced.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: November 18, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »
I imagine there are epidemiologists and ethics experts who could probably put their heads together and come up with a pretty good plan for distribution. I think the challenge will come in some companies/municipalities/states will be all over the place because we know there won't be any sort of federal coordination for at least two months.

But yeah just throw all the money at it like trim suggested

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: November 18, 2020, 01:47:03 PM »
Long talk with research scientist bro this morning.   He personally thinks the chipping should have already begun,  the results of the trials are sufficient.   EAU should have already been applied for and authorized, chipping commenced.

That's good.  I always felt we could do this pretty fast.  I mean, besides the current things going on in the midwest i.e. the savage ass kicking they are taking, some of this is pretty good news.

The real ghoulish question is do companies that took US $$ share the vaccine with the world before all americans get it?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: November 18, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
Bang for your buck in relation to saving as many people possible as quick as possible. Vaccinating 85 year old only saves 1 and her bunko partner

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: November 18, 2020, 02:04:56 PM »
It's interesting that Mr ghoul attributes comorbitites to lifestyle choices, but being a high risk spreader is not a lifestyle choice

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: November 18, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

Dr. Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health, said there are still several steps needed before vaccines get into the public's arms.
"They're going to look very carefully to be sure that everything is in order with safety and with efficacy, then they will make a judgment about whether both of these vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, may be in fact entitled to emergency use authorization," Collins said.

:rolleyes:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: November 18, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »
Dr. Francis Collins is probably just some Twitter nobody, Dug.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: November 18, 2020, 02:40:14 PM »
Daxbro must be pretty miffed at the trump admin