Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1072711 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #11975 on: November 18, 2020, 07:04:54 AM »
Also, has the U.S. gov't purchased any of the PanBio Tests, if so, how many, and what is Abbot's projected production capacity and delivery dates for the PanBio tests?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: November 18, 2020, 07:31:33 AM »
If one test was wrong, they all are bad

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: November 18, 2020, 07:46:07 AM »
infuriating.

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1328957535395729410
One of the most glaring failures of the US fight. Even more evident knowing these tests are out there.

such an infuriating fuckup

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: November 18, 2020, 08:11:20 AM »
So, based on the Tweets of a couple of Twitter rando's, using such succinct and highly detailed language such as, "since awhile".   

It is the expectation of the resident CoronaBro Drama Queens that a test that as far as I can tell that has only been available since September, maybe late August.   Be readily available in the United States in quantities that are  equal to billions upon billions of tests if I'm reading this current meltdown correctly.   That being readily available daily testing for all Americans.

3rd party accuracy studies are as little as 12 days old.   Most countries who have approved this test have been receiving limited shipments for a month or less.

But, some Twitter rando said he's had them available "since awhile", some other Twitter rando paints a picture that everywhere else around the world they're as readily available as condoms and Resident CoronaBro Nation goes all in. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: November 18, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
Germans have them in their hands, I don't.  That's a failure, sorry Dax.  Be a little more objective and imagine Biden is already president then you can maybe get it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: November 18, 2020, 08:26:51 AM »
Maybe we did everything we could to get those tests but between a President that repeatedly advocated for slowing down testing and a task force made up of his children and dipshits that encourage states to "rise up" against safety protocols makes me think that wasn't the case.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: November 18, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »
Hospital workers first, then teachers, then students, and work our way up, youngest to oldest.
I've seen a theory to do the social butterflies first. Kind of matches young people I guess. Seems weird to do the young ones that handle it best first?

That said I don't think 85 and older should be any sort of priority. Maybe 60 to 80 as first age group though.

Agree with hospital and teacher first. First responders too.

Focus on the people who spread it the most first, and everyone else will benefit from herd mentality while waiting on their vaccine.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: November 18, 2020, 08:43:09 AM »
Germans have them in their hands, I don't.  That's a failure, sorry Dax.  Be a little more objective and imagine Biden is already president then you can maybe get it.

There's literally billions of things that individuals can have "in their hands" at any given moment, Phil.   That doesn't mean that those things are readily available to all people.

I'm not a DramaBoy like you.  So I don't blame any government for not having billions upon billions of a thing readily available that has only existed for a couple of months.    Particularly things that require manufacturing and production accuracy, approval, testing and distribution.

Canada just approved this in October, they ordered enough to test every (edit) other Canadian . . . once.   For a virus that you can catch 5 minutes or less, later.    Note, Canada ordered the tests, they haven't received 20 million yet.

The U.S. bought 150 million Abbot rapid tests in August.   For multiple weeks afterwords, the accuracy of those tests was questioned.   We're just not seeing 3rd party tests of accuracy of this particular test rolling out in the last 12-28 days.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:47:59 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: November 18, 2020, 08:43:21 AM »
Hospital workers first, then teachers, then students, and work our way up, youngest to oldest.
I've seen a theory to do the social butterflies first. Kind of matches young people I guess. Seems weird to do the young ones that handle it best first?

That said I don't think 85 and older should be any sort of priority. Maybe 60 to 80 as first age group though.

eff the young people, we start with the elite Gen Xers then hit older millennial and young boomers, then progress from there, after the first responders and the purple with comorbidities of course.
I think a younger preference makes sense mainly because of concerns of unknown long term effects.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: November 18, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »

eff the young people, we start with the elite Gen Xers then hit older millennial and young boomers, then progress from there, after the first responders and the purple with comorbidities of course.
I think a younger preference makes sense mainly because of concerns of unknown long term effects.

Yes, I agree here. Frontline Heath and Essential then young to old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11985 on: November 18, 2020, 09:13:27 AM »

Yes, I agree here. Frontline Heath and Essential then young to old.

Agreed.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: November 18, 2020, 09:29:29 AM »
it's been decided to go old to young though in each state has it not?

I don't think under 20 should be the priority.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »

It has?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: November 18, 2020, 09:51:16 AM »

It has?

Seems like every news story I read about rollout says "hospital people then old people"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: November 18, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »
it should obviously be old to young (if effective for all ages).  good lord.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: November 18, 2020, 10:09:34 AM »
it should obviously be old to young (if effective for all ages).  good lord.

they obviously are more vulnerable to bad stuff but if you can keep them safe for a couple more months in isolation then can we get a larger bang for our buck to get the active population done first?  I think that's the question, not that we don't care for the olds not dying.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: November 18, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »
you can get a bigger bang for you buck by immunizing people that have a negligible mortality rate and frequently don't even have symptoms?  gmafb.

go ahead and explain to the 85 year old living alone that hasn't been out of his apartment in a year that you get a bigger bang for your buck by immunizing a college student in between frat parties.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18:39 AM »
you can get a bigger bang for you buck by immunizing people that have a negligible mortality rate and frequently don't even have symptoms?  gmafb.

go ahead and explain to the 85 year old living alone that hasn't been out of his apartment in a year that you get a bigger bang for your buck by immunizing a college student in between frat parties.

if you don't want to spitball wtf you even doing here?

Trying to explain the thought process.  I am not convinced what is right if speaking only about age.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: November 18, 2020, 10:21:18 AM »
Trying to explain the thought process.

i'm explaining why it's wrong.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: November 18, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »

yes our economy and functioning society depends on that 85 year old.

The vaccine is meant to prevent the virus from spreading and eventually kill it off, not to let boomer barry go buy smokes

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: November 18, 2020, 10:48:15 AM »
Poor Barry
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: November 18, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »
goPuff can deliver (unintentional pun)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: November 18, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »
the highest use of the vaccine (beyond medical personnel, etc) is to keep people from dying, and the people that are dying are the elderly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: November 18, 2020, 11:12:47 AM »
the highest use of the vaccine (beyond medical personnel, etc) is to keep people from dying, and the people that are dying are the elderly.

then some boomer ass dope gets sick, dies and they halt the vaccine.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: November 18, 2020, 11:19:21 AM »

if you don't want to spitball wtf you even doing here?

Trying to explain the thought process.  I am not convinced what is right if speaking only about age.
My plan does not assume old people will agree with it. It’s max greater good based.