Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1071998 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #12050 on: November 18, 2020, 10:12:08 PM »
yeah, that's what I'm saying. front line medical, essential workers, then the people who are going to spread it around the absolute most. and I'm assuming that's youngest most to oldest least. if olds are going to be super spreaders I'd listen to that argument but if they've survived to this point I'm guessing they are the opposite of spreaders and we can do a lot more damage against this thing by getting to the people that are.

I'd be okay with this if we were able to get everyone vaccinated fairly quickly. These younger people that you and justwin want to get vaccinated first (early), could potentially have a gap of three quarters to a year before we could get to vaccinating older citizens, that's unacceptable to me. Yes, young people spread it more than the elderly, but the elderly have higher hospitalization and death rates. I think it stands to reason that the burden on hospitals would be significantly less if we could keep the olds and compromised out of them.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: November 18, 2020, 10:15:15 PM »
yeah, that's what I'm saying. front line medical, essential workers, then the people who are going to spread it around the absolute most. and I'm assuming that's youngest most to oldest least. if olds are going to be super spreaders I'd listen to that argument but if they've survived to this point I'm guessing they are the opposite of spreaders and we can do a lot more damage against this thing by getting to the people that are.

I'd be okay with this if we were able to get everyone vaccinated fairly quickly. These younger people that you and justwin want to get vaccinated first (early), could potentially have a gap of three quarters to a year before we could get to vaccinating older citizens, that's unacceptable to me. Yes, young people spread it more than the elderly, but the elderly have higher hospitalization and death rates. I think it stands to reason that the burden on hospitals would be significantly less if we could keep the olds and compromised out of them.

News reports are saying all US citizens will have it available by April, not 3/4 a year.  Is keeping the olds locked up through the winter while we vaccinate the labor force that unimaginable with that timeframe?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: November 18, 2020, 11:35:37 PM »
I think that states that performed well should be rewarded and get first crack at vaccines while shitty states like the Dakotas should go last. I like actually changed my life and should go before those idiots who did absolutely nothing to slow the spread. It might actually be more effective in areas where the spread is already low.

But seriously I think who you vaccinate depends largely on how many, when, and where they'll be available.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:58:48 PM by michigancat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: November 18, 2020, 11:54:11 PM »
guys, i know you mean well, but you can do the math on any plausible rate of age difference in transmission compared with age differences in mortality and you'll see that you're amazingly, astoundingly wrong in your assumptions.

also, for dugout, the first doses aren't going to drive the virus to extinction or allow us to approach herd immunity.  the first doses will keep some subset of people more safe until the last doses achieve (at least) the second of those goals.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: November 19, 2020, 12:07:44 AM »

News reports are saying all US citizens will have it available by April, not 3/4 a year.

There is a lot of reporting and expert accounts that dispute this. Someone posted a chart a couple of weeks ago with the expected timeframes of the vaccines and that chart went into 3Q of 2021. There's no way we're going to go from no Americans vaccinated to everyone who wants it vaccinated in 5 months, I'll bet anything on that. My mother is 67 years old with Lupus and Stage 2 Myeloma and her doctor told her she likely won't get it until January at the earliest.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: November 19, 2020, 12:37:08 AM »
What are the things (setting aside government incompetence or sabotage) preventing there from being as many chips as we want being made and implanted? I still doubt it’s anything money can’t solve.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: November 19, 2020, 12:49:12 AM »
What are the things (setting aside government incompetence or sabotage) preventing there from being as many chips as we want being made and implanted? I still doubt it’s anything money can’t solve.

Once the trials are done? Simple logistics, production and distribution, so yeah, money. These chips gotta go worldwide.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: November 19, 2020, 04:24:27 AM »
i believe this issue came up a few weeks back - how the lag in reported deaths confuses interpretation of trends.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1329364474273419266
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: November 19, 2020, 06:36:39 AM »
I think that states that performed well should be rewarded and get first crack at vaccines while shitty states like the Dakotas should go last. I like actually changed my life and should go before those idiots who did absolutely nothing to slow the spread. It might actually be more effective in areas where the spread is already low.

But seriously I think who you vaccinate depends largely on how many, when, and where they'll be available.
I agree with you

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: November 19, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »
So who is initially going to take receipt of the vaccines? Trump is going to eff with the process almost assuredly.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12060 on: November 19, 2020, 07:30:32 AM »
So who is initially going to take receipt of the vaccines? Trump is going to eff with the process almost assuredly.

Isn't it pharma ships to states?  They already got their plans approved by CDC.  They follow their plans to distribute.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: November 19, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
Europe over the last 7 days, every Western/Central European Country maintains an attack rate of 120 plus.

Total 1,854,734

Last 30 days 7,766,380 new cases

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: November 19, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »
I'm interested in how the vaccine will be delivered/administered at a local level.

Will they show up to my work one day and chip us all like they do with the flu shot?

Will I have to go into my Dr's office?

Will I get a robo call one day telling me to report to XYZ address as it is my time to get the vaccine?

Will they track everyone that didn't get chipped then hunt them down 1 by 1 until everyone has been chipped?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: November 19, 2020, 09:44:45 AM »
I'm interested in how the vaccine will be delivered/administered at a local level.

Will they show up to my work one day and chip us all like they do with the flu shot?

Will I get a robo call one day telling me to report to XYZ address as it is my time to get the vaccine?

Will they track everyone that didn't get chipped then hunt them down 1 by 1 until everyone has been chipped?

CVS emailed me they will have it so maybe it's all through those channels?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: November 19, 2020, 09:51:42 AM »

the article sys shared kinda looks into it:

good job outta fresno.

https://twitter.com/mmcphate/status/1328934945516105729

Looks like they may initially have contractors handling testing just change over to distributing the vaccine. So if there is a government-sponsored pop-up testing site it could change to a vaccine site.

Also worth noting they're starting with frontline workers, nursing home employees, and people with pre-existing conditions. In Fresno's case, you'd just have to wait since you're not a frontline worker.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: November 19, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »
chip draft

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: November 19, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: November 19, 2020, 10:34:07 AM »
I can never remember if the CoronaBros are the one's who wear a mask and stay inside and stuff or people who don't care about getting the virus?  I tried reading a few pages of this thread to find out but even context clues have failed me.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: November 19, 2020, 10:37:15 AM »
I can never remember if the CoronaBros are the one's who wear a mask and stay inside and stuff or people who don't care about getting the virus?  I tried reading a few pages of this thread to find out but even context clues have failed me.

Coronabros wear masks. Manly lovers of freedom do not. Scroll through Clay Travis's twitter feed for reference, he either coined the term or at the very least popularized its use.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: November 19, 2020, 10:39:52 AM »
Dax says we are mostly coronabros here. But I think he uses it as a derogatory term? I’m never 100% certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: November 19, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »
They’ve already put out guidelines.

Welcome to a week ago (or more), cRusty

It was updated today you dumbass.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/thanksgiving.html

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: November 19, 2020, 11:02:57 AM »

Coronabros wear masks. Manly lovers of freedom do not. Scroll through Clay Travis's twitter feed for reference, he either coined the term or at the very least popularized its use.

Clay used to, he humiliated himself with predictions, "death rate is going down!" and other down playing that he mostly doesn't discuss covid.  He showed his ass super hard and each time it gets bad he gets absolutely owned.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: November 19, 2020, 11:13:32 AM »
They’ve already put out guidelines.

Welcome to a week ago (or more), cRusty

It was updated today you dumbass.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/thanksgiving.html
Dax = :curse: :curse: :curse:

Chill, bro. You'll be chipped before the rest of us.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: November 19, 2020, 11:15:56 AM »
not if some of us get our way and the youngs get it.