Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1066101 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #11250 on: October 30, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
Joco is at 302 cases/100k over the last 2 weeks.  Redline is at 250

15.8 %positive under old formula       8.6 under the new.

:sdeek:
Does the new formula count positives/tests while the old one counted positives/number of people tested?

Yeah, if I test negative 3 times the new counts all three negative tests.  Old would have only counted once.

That is ridiculous.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: October 30, 2020, 11:17:51 AM »
Joco is at 302 cases/100k over the last 2 weeks.  Redline is at 250

15.8 %positive under old formula       8.6 under the new.

:sdeek:
Does the new formula count positives/tests while the old one counted positives/number of people tested?

Yeah, if I test negative 3 times the new counts all three negative tests.  Old would have only counted once.

That is ridiculous.

I think it's the right way to do it. It's a good way to show capacity, especially if you're looking a something like daily 7-day averages.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: October 30, 2020, 11:20:26 AM »
I think it's fine to count that for other purposes, but they should also only count it as 1 negative test when they are using positive test rate to determine how impacted a community currently is and what restrictions need to be put into place.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: October 30, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »
I think it's fine to count that for other purposes, but they should also only count it as 1 negative test when they are using positive test rate to determine how impacted a community currently is and what restrictions need to be put into place.

Yes.  I'm fine counting it as total number of tests to show capacity but it shouldn't be 0/3 in the positivity test %#.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: October 30, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »

I think this is wrong - if someone tested negative in March it's completely irrelevant to the current community situation. Now multiple tests in the same week? Eh, maybe. But I doubt that happens enough to make a real impact. It's not like there's a ton of college football players in Johnson County.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: October 30, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »

I think this is wrong - if someone tested negative in March it's completely irrelevant to the current community situation. Now multiple tests in the same week? Eh, maybe. But I doubt that happens enough to make a real impact. It's not like there's a ton of college football players in Johnson County.

I mean, coach hated me and never put me in so that's really his loss

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: October 30, 2020, 11:57:00 AM »

For sure I was thinking of rapid succession of testing.l to validate no case. Many businesses here I think require 2 negatives before one can come back for example. Not me being tested in March and October.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: October 30, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »
All in and all over it core EU countries go red across the board.

Every core EU/FEU country now with a SARS-Covid attack rate of 120 plus.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: October 30, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
Close to 20% positivity around kc metro. 8 months into this. Complete failure to get testing rolled out by all levels of government.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: October 30, 2020, 05:02:50 PM »

Yeah, Covid is a pretty serious problem. We should probably try to do something about it.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: October 30, 2020, 05:04:39 PM »
If biden wins, I'll let you people in on a little secret about "covid."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: October 30, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »

Yeah, Covid is a pretty serious problem. We should probably try to do something about it.

If you haven't read the whole thread I would just ignore Dax. He twists himself into a pretzel of 180's and they says you're the one melting down and not him. He also gives these weird updates almost every day but deep down he still thinks the whole thing is a hoax.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: October 30, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »
worldometers had the case count at 101k today.  sort of a milestone, depending on which statskeeper you track.

https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1322315688116019200
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: October 30, 2020, 10:22:58 PM »
worldometers had the case count at 101k today.  sort of a milestone, depending on which statskeeper you track.

https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1322315688116019200
We'll be there on all of them soon

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: October 31, 2020, 12:27:41 AM »

If you haven't read the whole thread I would just ignore Dax. He twists himself into a pretzel of 180's and they says you're the one melting down and not him. He also gives these weird updates almost every day but deep down he still thinks the whole thing is a hoax.
Yes, I put on a mask every time I’m in public and don’t go visit my family for months on end because I think it’s a hoax.

You’re one mega angry psycho mother rough rider

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11265 on: October 31, 2020, 12:34:41 AM »
Belgium:  New daily record

Germany: New daily record

France: 2nd highest day

Spain: New daily record

Italy:  New daily record

UK: 2nd highest day

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: October 31, 2020, 01:12:21 AM »

Yes, I put on a mask every time I’m in public and don’t go visit my family for months on end because I think it’s a hoax.

You support the president that makes fun of people wearing masks and tells states to open up without restrictions so excuse me dax but your one mask is meaningless.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: October 31, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »
locking it down

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1322575502331269121

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: October 31, 2020, 06:42:12 PM »

You support the president that makes fun of people wearing masks and tells states to open up without restrictions so excuse me dax but your one mask is meaningless.
You support a party that had numerous state leaders kill people because their hospital system donors didn’t want Covid patients sent to their facilities.   A party leadership that told people to ignore the Xenophobic president and go party and then locked them inside at peak incubation period. 

Meanwhile it’s quite clear that mask wearing and lockdowns are meaningless.  As the exploding numbers in Europe tell us every single day.   Even multiple Eastern European countries that pushed mask wearing from day one (unlike Fauci. who now has the rough ridin' audacity to co author a paper using Chinese statistics on masks.  After his month long crusade against mask wearing) have exploding Covid 19 cases. 

Still gonna wear my N95’s though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: October 31, 2020, 06:49:47 PM »

You support a party that had numerous state leaders kill people because their hospital system donors didn’t want Covid patients sent to their facilities.   A party leadership that told people to ignore the Xenophobic president and go party and then locked them inside at peak incubation period. 

Meanwhile it’s quite clear that mask wearing and lockdowns are meaningless.  As the exploding numbers in Europe tell us every single day.   Even multiple Eastern European countries that pushed mask wearing from day one (unlike Fauci. who now has the rough ridin' audacity to co author a paper using Chinese statistics on masks.  After his month long crusade against mask wearing) have exploding Covid 19 cases. 

Still gonna wear my N95’s though.

What?!

First, address this.

You support a party that had numerous state leaders kill people because their hospital system donors didn’t want Covid patients sent to their facilities.

Second, yes, cases are rising in Europe. The sad fact is that cases rising in Europe has been followed by cases rising in the US. Doesn't the fact that Europe reduced cases for six months mean some level of success? I know you'll respond with "economy!" Therefore, I'll just say how about an economy afraid of the virus for 8 months plus.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #11273 on: October 31, 2020, 06:51:49 PM »
We always knew that dax would land in the "masks are useless, just let it burn through the undesirable population" camp.  He's been foreshadowing that for months.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: October 31, 2020, 07:18:09 PM »
We always knew that dax would land in the "masks are useless, just let it burn through the undesirable population" camp.  He's been foreshadowing that for months.

He's very firmly in favor of masks. Which makes his schtick more complicated.