Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068740 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #11300 on: November 01, 2020, 05:39:12 PM »
So I’m going to have to award a point to dax

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: November 01, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »
So I’m going to have to award a point to dax
He already conceded the point but appreciate reading the link.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: November 01, 2020, 10:03:29 PM »
All in and all over it Europe surpasses 5 million new Covid-19 cases in the past 32 days, averaging 158,410 new cases a day for the last month and 1 day.

Online tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: November 01, 2020, 10:51:25 PM »
Ellsworth is the town that smells like poop right (human not cow)? Or is that Ellwood?

not ellsworth. I drive through ellsworth on the way to meade and get gas sometimes and I don't remember it ever being smelly. I do remember it having a sign to not pick up hitchhikers so the prison checks out

Ok, the one I'm thinking of is some town on 36 we'd have to drive through from highland to st Joe

Definitely Elwood, or Smelwood as the kids say  :lol:.   But the smell is actually from St Joe drifting over.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: November 02, 2020, 08:00:04 AM »
Wow, a 10% increase in positivity rate in AL in one week.  Impressive.

I'll wait on the ADPH numbers for this last week, before I comment further.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: November 02, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »
If it worked for letting Vlad Putin repeatedly windmill on the U.S. for 4 years, it can work for Fauci.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: November 02, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »
WTF KS

:sdeek:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview
Nebraska is surrounded by some people doing not great! And aren't exactly doing great themselves but dang they look good compared to their neighbors

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11310 on: November 02, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »
Good summary on why Europe is back at the top:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/02/europe-coronavirus-pandemic-lockdowns-infection-rates

Europe’s strategy for exiting its spring lockdowns failed. Either politicians ignored their advice, or the systems weren’t in place to implement it correctly. People’s goodwill and trust leached away as the pandemic dragged on, and when those experts started calling for stronger measures again this autumn – and the same exit strategy as before – politicians were even less willing to listen.

including a report published last month by the International Monetary Fund – all say the same thing: the cities, regions or countries that came down hard and early on the virus not only lost the fewest lives, they were also the most resistant economically.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: November 02, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
WTF KS

Nebraska is surrounded by some people doing not great! And aren't exactly doing great themselves but dang they look good compared to their neighbors

Are these % so high because it's still recommended that many people who think they may have it are just told to stay home and quarantine with the assumption they have it an avoid spending a test on them since we still don't have enough testing in many of these states?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: November 02, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/02/europe-coronavirus-pandemic-lockdowns-infection-rates

Europe’s strategy for exiting its spring lockdowns failed. Either politicians ignored their advice, or the systems weren’t in place to implement it correctly. People’s goodwill and trust leached away as the pandemic dragged on, and when those experts started calling for stronger measures again this autumn – and the same exit strategy as before – politicians were even less willing to listen.

including a report published last month by the International Monetary Fund – all say the same thing: the cities, regions or countries that came down hard and early on the virus not only lost the fewest lives, they were also the most resistant economically.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: November 02, 2020, 10:02:06 AM »
WTF KS

Are these % so high because it's still recommended that many people who think they may have it are just told to stay home and quarantine with the assumption they have it an avoid spending a test on them since we still don't have enough testing in many of these states?

I am guessing they are mostly high because there are shitloads of cases

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: November 02, 2020, 10:13:27 AM »

I'm tired of stories that use terms like "lockdown" or "exit strategy" without defining them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: November 02, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
WTF KS

That isn't the case here in Iowa, testing is the only thing we're doing right.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: November 02, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »
WTF KS

Or the numbers are wrong?  SD Department of Health reports a 1-day positive rate of 17.7%, 7-day rate of 20.7% and a 14-day rate of 18.7%.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: November 02, 2020, 10:37:21 AM »
WTF KS

Yip. We are doing tons of testing and getting really, really good at catching the virus.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: November 02, 2020, 10:47:42 AM »
So, where does this end up? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: November 02, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »
WTF KS

Or the numbers are wrong?  SD Department of Health reports a 1-day positive rate of 17.7%, 7-day rate of 20.7% and a 14-day rate of 18.7%.

good read here:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/differences-in-positivity-rates

also they pulled the data from the covid tracking project and a quick glance and the numbers look correct.

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/south-dakota/cases

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: November 02, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »
WTF KS

Yip. We are doing tons of testing and getting really, really good at catching the virus.

We are not good at catching where all this is if we're 30% positivity. 

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: November 02, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
WTF KS

We are not good at catching where all this is if we're 30% positivity. 
By good at "catching" the virus I meant contracting or getting infected with the virus. With a 30% positive rate there have to be tons of cases that are not being identified. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: November 02, 2020, 12:40:07 PM »
people in joco aren't getting tested.  If you are exposed you quarantine and that's basically it.  People getting tested are the people going to the hostpital.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: November 02, 2020, 12:44:44 PM »

J&J is supposed to have the “best” vaccine candidate but this gives you an idea of where all of them optimistically are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk