Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1072356 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10650 on: October 13, 2020, 10:35:41 PM »
Meade KS should be bright cherry red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not an STD map.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I laughed

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: October 13, 2020, 11:14:47 PM »
United States . Cases going up again as well as hospitalizations. Not s good sign headed into winter. No additional restrictions planned.

More restrictions are worthless and futile and until there's a vaccine at the very first inkling of re-opening Rona will be on the rampage again.   Sincerely, The Whole of Europe

UK averaging 12K plus new cases a day for ten straight days.   

France:  Paris hospitals at breaking point

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: October 14, 2020, 09:12:06 AM »
The thread title needs to be changed, not even confirmed incel grifter Clay Travis is attempting to pretend it's going away like he did for several months.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: October 14, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »
The thread title needs to be changed, not even confirmed incel grifter Clay Travis is attempting to pretend it's going away like he did for several months.
Is he calling out the S-E-C for postponing games?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: October 14, 2020, 09:37:49 AM »

He changes his focus almost daily.  It is hard to tell who is doing what fits his grift these days.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: October 14, 2020, 09:39:54 AM »
Please start a separate Clay Travis thread.

Also, please link to incel websites, Slow Dug (10th request)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: October 14, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »

He changes his focus almost daily.  It is hard to tell who is doing what fits his grift these days.
This was all I could find, sad

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1315753677374795778

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: October 14, 2020, 09:53:12 AM »
At this point, the beatdown against lockdowns is epic.

Imagine if we hadn't had the mayor of our largest city tell people to go out and party (at the worst possible time), and then turn around and lock everyone down in the early Spring (at the worst possible time).   What a proud moment as NYC officials looked out at those empty streets thinking they were actually accomplishing something, when in fact they were only making things far far worse.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: October 14, 2020, 09:59:20 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-supercompute-idUSKBN26Z0PI
Upper midwest is likely to continue to get mumped in the coming months.

New England will be interesting since they're already seeing small upticks as well but will probably have more restrictions
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:02:46 AM by michigancat »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: October 14, 2020, 10:42:19 AM »

lashing out

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: October 14, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Italy-sets new daily record.   Showing initial months long lockdown was pointless and ineffective, causing far far more long term harm then short term good

Hawaii-Hawaii's confused and draconian restrictions also causing far more long term harm than good.   Doctors who go from island to island unable to travel and meet with patients and perform procedures in a timely fashion.   Mainland U.S. surgeons who travel to Hawaii regularly to perform critical surgeries being forced to run the gauntlet of confused and ever changing quarantine rules and restrictions.    Again, far more long term harm is occurring from the reaction to the virus, than what the virus itself is creating.    Congrats CoronaBros

UK-Boris Johnson proposing two week lockdown circuit breaker.    Apparently they learned nothing from the first time. 

Even with a litany of restrictions and targeted lockdowns still in place.  Europe added 750,000 new cases last week. 

Eli Lilly CEO says virus will become endemic

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: October 14, 2020, 10:49:12 AM »

lashing out

No links?   :frown: :frown: :frown:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: October 14, 2020, 10:52:38 AM »
Italy-sets new daily record.   Showing initial months long lockdown was pointless and ineffective, causing far far more long term harm then short term good

Hawaii-Hawaii's confused and draconian restrictions also causing far more long term harm than good.   Doctors who go from island to island unable to travel and meet with patients and perform procedures in a timely fashion.   Mainland U.S. surgeons who travel to Hawaii regularly to perform critical surgeries being forced to run the gauntlet of confused and ever changing quarantine rules and restrictions.    Again, far more long term harm is occurring from the reaction to the virus, than what the virus itself is creating.    Congrats CoronaBros

UK-Boris Johnson proposing two week lockdown circuit breaker.    Apparently they learned nothing from the first time. 

Even with a litany of restrictions and targeted lockdowns still in place.  Europe added 750,000 new cases last week. 

death rate decline shows you the initial lockdowns were worth it (and something Trump promotes as something he did nationwide even though he didn't).  We know how to treat it now and have better drugs.  Saying they were worthless is about as putty brained as you can get but unsurprising given the source.

I agree that widespread lockdowns now aren't the right call as long as the hospitals can handle it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: October 14, 2020, 11:00:37 AM »
So Trump out of the woods yet?  Sounds like he is going to live and lose.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10665 on: October 14, 2020, 11:03:39 AM »

death rate decline shows you the initial lockdowns were worth it (and something Trump promotes as something he did nationwide even though he didn't).  We know how to treat it now and have better drugs.  Saying they were worthless is about as putty brained as you can get but unsurprising given the source.

I agree that widespread lockdowns now aren't the right call as long as the hospitals can handle it.

Death rate is a lagging statistic, so we have no idea yet if there will be any real change, albeit things will likely improve because procedures have improved. 

The long term economic impact will likely last years upon years, possibly generations for some.

I'm sorry you can't point to Europe and beam with CoronaBro pride.   The European continent and Island Nations in the region are once again awash with the virus.   One can only imagine the protracted health and economic impacts of yo-yo'ing lockdowns and re-openings should they choose to go that route.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: October 14, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »
anyone else tired of talking about politics and covid?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: October 14, 2020, 11:15:27 AM »
If I were tired of talking politics, I don't think I'd be hanging out virtually at a place designed to exclusively talk politics, but yeah COVID sucks crap and we all want it to go away.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: October 14, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »

not really, they're the most important things in the world

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: October 14, 2020, 11:42:50 AM »

are they?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: October 14, 2020, 11:52:07 AM »

are they?

yes

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: October 14, 2020, 12:51:52 PM »
So Trump out of the woods yet?  Sounds like he is going to live and lose.

I read something about the antibody cocktail he was given possibly preventing him from developing antibodies of his own. So it's possible he might live, lose, and then catch COVID all over again and die.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: October 14, 2020, 01:03:00 PM »
Warning, those links are very very incel

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: October 14, 2020, 01:19:19 PM »
our county recently passed the threshold for reopening schools for K-6. And this is like a really low threshold - the county is currently at 3.4 cases per day per 100k (excluding prisons) and a 1.5% positivity rate, and our :kstategrad: district is even better off. For reference, Kansas is at ~20 cases/day/100k and a 14.75% positivity rate. The county is moving slowly and the district is moving even slower, but they finally announced timelines for a plan at a school board meeting and people are still terrified at the possibility of going back to school and I'm kinda blown away:

Do the teachers support this or are they sacrificed?

if sacrificing is being considered why is it always the teachers? Pretty certain that they didn’t sign up to die. It’s a career not a mission.

Any mention of an option to stay virtual for those families who don’t want to go back but didn’t sign up for remote only? I’m guessing not since that would force teachers to try teaching both in the classroom and virtual at once which is terrible. But just wondering.

Wow, this is discouraging. This is too soon!
and yep distancing is hard, but this is too soon! It's insane that we're not learning from "well we opened up a bunch of stuff in May and then we had big spikes, and it's still going" -- that we need to take steps BACK, not forward, for a while. And the sooner we all do that, the sooner this will be through.
I have friends and acquaintances who are music teachers, various places around the country, and some are having to choose between risking in person teaching, and getting fired.
It is too soon. If back in the spring we had just kept seriously sheltering in place as much as possible, for like another month, we might have been through this by now.
and yep I know it's hard on kids! I'm teaching an 11 year old beginning keyboard student on zoom.

So ridiculous to open schools again so soon!
My kids are in the remote program, so they will not be going back, but I think it’s irresponsible to put children, especially kids 4-12 years old, in this kind of predicament!
Yes, I know people are saying “restaurant workers, grocery store workers, medical staff, etc. are working, why can’t kids go to school”!!??
Not taking anything away from the essential workers, because you guys are freakin superhero’s, but at least as adults we know how to distance, we know boundaries, we know and comprehend the importance of washing our hands, and don’t touch your face, and stay away from others, and still we are scared!
Imagine kids 🤦🏻???
I think this is too much responsibility for elementary school kids, and it’s scary!
Not to mention the poor teachers, my heart is really with the teachers too, who are being forced!
Blessings to all!

I am a first grade teacher, and I don't know any elementary teachers who feel it's safe to go back this soon.