Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068904 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8350 on: July 09, 2020, 08:37:55 AM »

https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2020/6/28/secondwave

I don't think he's right about the herd immunity being under 20%. The paper he linked to that he said found a 20% HIT didn't actually say that.
Dude's an anti vaxxer

https://www.chelseagreen.com/product/how-to-end-the-autism-epidemic/

That was obvious in reading his piece.  Does it make his analysis way off?

It makes me doubt everything he says. Especially combined with clicking on one link and it didn't say what he said it said. Not worth taking seriously enough to even dismiss it.

If there's one thing we've had in this Pandemic is consistency across the spectrum except for a handful of people.   Otherwise the medical and research community at large has rarely changed course, reassessed, or deviated from the original line established in Jan-Feb.

I mean look at Dr. Tony Fauci, he has only mildly deviated from a late January proclamation on successive days that the general public in the United States had nothing to worry about.  To a few months later proclaiming in so many words that he'd never seen a virus with such a massive range of asymptomatic to symptomatic. 

Look at the research into therapeutics.   We've gone HCQ the be all end all, to HCQ being utterly worthless (mainly because OrangeMan Bad) back to pretty much establishing that an HCQ regimen combined with other drugs is a life saver.

So thanks for pointing out the relative constants across the board cRusty.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: July 09, 2020, 08:40:16 AM »

Definetely has a lot of links to supposed sources that back him up.  I'm in on the 20% HIT train!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: July 09, 2020, 08:43:28 AM »

I don't think he's right about the herd immunity being under 20%. The paper he linked to that he said found a 20% HIT didn't actually say that.
Dude's an anti vaxxer

It makes me doubt everything he says. Especially combined with clicking on one link and it didn't say what he said it said. Not worth taking seriously enough to even dismiss it.

If there's one thing we've had in this Pandemic is consistency across the spectrum except for a handful of people.   Otherwise the medical and research community at large has rarely changed course, reassessed, or deviated from the original line established in Jan-Feb.

I mean look at Dr. Tony Fauci, he has only mildly deviated from a late January proclamation on successive days that the general public in the United States had nothing to worry about.  To a few months later proclaiming in so many words that he'd never seen a virus with such a massive range of asymptomatic to symptomatic. 

Look at the research into therapeutics.   We've gone HCQ the be all end all, to HCQ being utterly worthless (mainly because OrangeMan Bad) back to pretty much establishing that an HCQ regimen combined with other drugs is a life saver.

well probably the studies showing it was causing more deaths didn't help but sure, boiling down everything to "they are being mean to my guy" is how any good cult member sees things.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: July 09, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

well probably the studies showing it was causing more deaths didn't help but sure, boiling down everything to "they are being mean to my guy" is how any good cult member sees things.

LOL, oh Phil.   You hate any good news relative to this administration so very very much.

Your ilk was literally melting down about the side effects of a drug taken by millions of people every single day for decades.

From the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons:  "HCQ impressively improved survival. In contrast, the government-favored drug Remdesivir has only been shown to decrease survivors' hospital stay by four days, with no demonstrable improvement in survival,"

Two negative studies on Lancet were retracted.   A study on JAMA is under investigation because the physicians essentially OD'd their patients.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: July 09, 2020, 08:55:09 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

LOL, oh Phil.   You hate any good news relative to this administration so very very much.

The success/failure of a drug therapy isn't tied to this administration although again I can see how as the AL cult leader you'd think that.  The reason your dumbfck president was being made fun of for this drug was he was pushing it while all his medical experts were saying it was dangerous and in no way should people be taking it until more studies are done.

I couldn't be happier if another therapy is found to work.  It in no way does anything for this administration.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: July 09, 2020, 09:04:11 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

The success/failure of a drug therapy isn't tied to this administration although again I can see how as the AL cult leader you'd think that.  The reason your dumbfck president was being made fun of for this drug was he was pushing it while all his medical experts were saying it was dangerous and in no way should people be taking it until more studies are done.

I couldn't be happier if another therapy is found to work.  It in no way does anything for this administration.

You are so full of crap.   BidenBot Nation (that's you) had a complete and total meltdown about HCQ well before it was revealed Trump was taking it. 

BidenBot Nation (that's you) labeled any physician putting their patients on HCQ (and Zpack) as dangerous quacks putting their patients lives at risk.   

AAPS has reaffirmed exactly what those physicians your dumb-ass movement derided and scorned said was occurring within  their patient base infected with Covid-19.   Those same physicians almost to a person affirmed that the HCQ treatment was only impact-ful at certain points within the symptomatic process and timeline and each patient was evaluated on a case by case basis.  Your movement painted those physicians as quacks essentially handing the prescription book over to any patient who walked through their door and telling them to write out whatever they wanted.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: July 09, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »
You are a master of revisionist history. 

Go HCQ!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: July 09, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »
You are a master of revisionist history. 

Go HCQ!

When they announced HCQ additions to the strategic stockpile and all the talk around HCQ, it wasn't revealed that Trump was taking HCQ until weeks later.

When the HCQ SS etc issue came up, your movement completely melted down.   There's nothing revisionist about it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: July 09, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

I saw you say that lastnight.  Can you point me to where he said HIT was 20% and the linked article said something different?  I couldn't find what you were talking about.  Could have just been extra sleepy tho.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: July 09, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

I saw you say that lastnight.  Can you point me to where he said HIT was 20% and the linked article said something different?  I couldn't find what you were talking about.  Could have just been extra sleepy tho.
I was pretty sleepy too but there's this:

Calculations from this study of data in Stockholm showed a HIT of 17%

And the paper said this

An attempt  has  been made  to postulate  a  distribution that  yields  the  HIT  of  17% observed from  serological  sampling of  Covid-19 in  Stockholm  County. This  requires  a  quite  severe bimodal  distribution with a  cohort  of  super-spreaders  having much higher  R0  and associated susceptibility than the  bulk of  the  population. Whether this  situation  is  realistic  cannot  easily be  determined, but  it  serves  to illustrate  the  principle  and offer  insight  into the  likely  R0 distribution responsible  for the  observed result.

And then the guy proceeded to use a 20% max HIT as a fact and premise for all his arguments.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: July 09, 2020, 10:12:22 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

And the paper said this

An attempt  has  been made  to postulate  a  distribution that  yields  the  HIT  of  17% observed from  serological  sampling of  Covid-19 in  Stockholm  County. This  requires  a  quite  severe bimodal  distribution with a  cohort  of  super-spreaders  having much higher  R0  and associated susceptibility than the  bulk of  the  population. Whether this  situation  is  realistic  cannot  easily be  determined, but  it  serves  to illustrate  the  principle  and offer  insight  into the  likely  R0 distribution responsible  for the  observed result.

And then the guy proceeded to use a 20% max HIT as a fact and premise for all his arguments.
I agree he's pretty shaky, but that wasn't his only source for estimating HIT.  He referenced a few other papers/studies.

Also the one you're criticizing him about referenced a 17% observed HIT in some swede county.  I tried to look at the paper's source for that but it's all in Swedish :(. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: July 09, 2020, 10:35:57 AM »

Dude's an anti vaxxer

And the paper said this

I agree he's pretty shaky, but that wasn't his only source for estimating HIT.  He referenced a few other papers/studies.

Also the one you're criticizing him about referenced a 17% observed HIT in some swede county.  I tried to look at the paper's source for that but it's all in Swedish :(.
He linked to an English version. I'm assuming the rest of his studies also don't say what he says they say because he has zero credibility and shouldn't be taking seriously,

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: July 09, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »
Arizona is the problem child precisely because the really didn't shut down the border with Mexico.

So thousands of people were taking Rona time to cross the border for a nice leisurely lunch, buy cheap prescriptions, get a case of the Rona and then head back home for the day. 

When you look at the epicenter in Arizona all roads lead to Mexico.

Do stupid things get stupid outcomes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: July 09, 2020, 11:33:53 AM »
This is the 100th time you have offered this little anecdote unprovoked.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: July 09, 2020, 11:34:26 AM »
*1/100th
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: July 09, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »
“It’s the Mexicans’ fault”

-Racists, MAGAs, and non-partisan independent observer Dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:28 AM »

Is this because I told you to wipe your mouth the other day?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:21 AM »
Arizona is the problem child precisely because the really didn't shut down the border with Mexico.

So thousands of people were taking Rona time to cross the border for a nice leisurely lunch, buy cheap prescriptions, get a case of the Rona and then head back home for the day. 

Any facts behind this or just same old Dax racism against brown people to blame all our problems on?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: July 09, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »

Is this because I told you to wipe your mouth the other day?
I still don’t even know what that means, so no.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: July 09, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »

Any facts behind this or just same old Dax racism against brown people to blame all our problems on?

That's a fascinating take from huge supporters of two of the biggest killers of brown people across the globe in the last 50 years, but it's not unexpected.   Particularly shocking considering that the same people also fully supported an administration that put automatic weapons into the hands of drug cartels who in turn put brown people in mass graves all across Northern Mexico . . . but I digress. 

Mexican gov't calls tourism essential

Mexico has the 6th largest outbreak in the world.

https://www.newsweek.com/mexican-residents-form-blockade-border-arizona-coronavirus-cases-rise-1515597

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/world/americas/mexico-coronavirus-count.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53296003

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8370 on: July 09, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »

He linked to an English version. I'm assuming the rest of his studies also don't say what he says they say because he has zero credibility and shouldn't be taking seriously,
You misunderstood.  The english version referenced 17% observed HIT in a county in Sweden.  I looked at the english version's source for the county in sweden data, but that source was in swedish.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: July 09, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »

That's a fascinating take from huge supporters of two of the biggest killers of brown people across the globe in the last 50 years, but it's not unexpected.   Particularly shocking considering that the same people also fully supported an administration that put automatic weapons into the hands of drug cartels who in turn put brown people in mass graves all across Northern Mexico . . . but I digress. 

https://www.newsweek.com/mexican-residents-form-blockade-border-arizona-coronavirus-cases-rise-1515597

LOL this link literally talks about blocking Americans and Mexico not wanting us there because we are the country in worse shape.  Great proof Dax!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: July 09, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »

he's not racist

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 09, 2020, 01:46:54 PM »

Definetely has a lot of links to supposed sources that back him up.  I'm in on the 20% HIT train!

good grief, phil.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: July 09, 2020, 02:01:34 PM »

LOL this link literally talks about blocking Americans and Mexico not wanting us there because we are the country in worse shape.  Great proof Dax!

Phil, I knew you were going to take this tact.

The CDC has an entire report on one of the first outbreaks in the U.S. and it was a group of UT students who went to Mexico for Spring Break and they came back with the Rona.

This has nothing to do with racism, I know it doesn't fit your standard meme of Hate/Blame Trump 24/7/365 but the Rona is actually in other countries as well.    You guys love your unnamed sources, and unnamed sources in the CBP were talking around 3 weeks ago the number of Arizonan's who were traveling to Mexico on day trips and their concern about them bringing back the RONA and how the border wasn't really shut down as it should be.

But I know, with you guys, if you perceive even the slightest hint of someone you think is saying something mean about brown people, you want to call it racism.   Like I said, you had no problem when your guy was slaughtering brown people all across the globe and shipping automatic weapons to drug cartels in Mexico who were and are slaughtering brown people by the mass grave full.   But oh no, mention possible cross border RONA infections in the middle of pandemic and its racism!!   :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

Just like the total resident ProgFacist meltdown about my mention of homogeneity/heterogeneity weeks ago, and then low behold, there's Fauci talking about . . . homogeneity/heterogeneity.

Same ol same ol with resident ProgFacists