Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068231 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8300 on: July 08, 2020, 03:37:08 PM »
I don't think efforts to reopen have backfired.  I am going to be a clay travis on this but the deaths are coming down.  I honestly think things will look quite different in a month (for the better)

You think the resurgence of cases was unavoidable? Like, it would have happened this dramatically even if states followed the guidelines laid out by the CDC? I'm not against reopening. I'm just saying it was rushed. That's why we're seeing hot spots and why we won't have sports this year.

I agree they were unaviodable.  Move phased reopening to September and you would have seen the same things playing out (assuming we didn't get smarter and say wear masks sooner into reopening) as you would still have enough virus out there to fire back up when people got together.  Thinking longer term, having a resurgance now may save us more come fall/winter flu time.

It blows my mind that we squandered the time spent in lock down.

We did get a better testing infrastructure in place, hospitals ready, PPE more ready, etc.  Not sure could expect much more could we?  It's not like we were going to burn it out to zero although that was my initial hope during lockdown.
Not to mention, we cut deaths by 75 percent.  It would've been nice to set up some national system and, when it became apparent that wasn't happening, start instituting better localized options.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: July 08, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »
I don't think efforts to reopen have backfired.  I am going to be a clay travis on this but the deaths are coming down.  I honestly think things will look quite different in a month (for the better)

You think the resurgence of cases was unavoidable? Like, it would have happened this dramatically even if states followed the guidelines laid out by the CDC? I'm not against reopening. I'm just saying it was rushed. That's why we're seeing hot spots and why we won't have sports this year.

I agree they were unaviodable.  Move phased reopening to September and you would have seen the same things playing out (assuming we didn't get smarter and say wear masks sooner into reopening) as you would still have enough virus out there to fire back up when people got together.  Thinking longer term, having a resurgance now may save us more come fall/winter flu time.

It blows my mind that we squandered the time spent in lock down.

We did get a better testing infrastructure in place, hospitals ready, PPE more ready, etc.  Not sure could expect much more could we?  It's not like we were going to burn it out to zero although that was my initial hope during lockdown.

I expected this

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/guidelines-call-14-day-drop-cases-reopen-no-state-has-n1194191

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: July 08, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »
we definitely haven't fully reopened by any definition

No doubt.  But we were dead ass closed in April and were seeing excess of 2k.  the number of folks who "did everything right" and still got it is not insignificant.  Shutting completely down won't burn it out. 

It simply won't.  Not here.  Never, ever, ever.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: July 08, 2020, 04:07:52 PM »
Our testing levels and availability are still garbage, at least towards the purposes of using testing as one way of keeping people safe.
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: July 08, 2020, 04:13:03 PM »
Our testing levels and availability are still garbage, at least towards the purposes of using testing as one way of keeping people safe.

8man, will you join me in calling for the re-homing of production of all critical testing supplies to these United States of America? 

In fact, as a BidenBot, we are counting on you to call on your leader, Joe Biden to reverse his long standing total deference to all things China,  particularly their current president.    We'll need BidenBots to stand in one voice and demand that their leader spearhead the re-nationalization of strategic products, particularly medical supplies and equipment.

Can we count on you, 8man?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: July 08, 2020, 04:20:16 PM »

We were going to reopen at some point, and the virus would still be there.  so yes, 100%

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: July 08, 2020, 04:25:05 PM »
Yeah bidenbot8.man, will you commit to the re-homing of production of all critical testing supplies to these United States of America?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: July 08, 2020, 04:37:33 PM »
Yeah bidenbot8.man, will you commit to the re-homing of production of all critical testing supplies to these United States of America?

I ask the same of you, as one of this bloqs most ardent and militant Biden supporters.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: July 08, 2020, 04:40:08 PM »
Few things...

—How did I become a BidenBot?
—What will anything Biden does accomplish towards this end over the next 6 months? He holds no office.
—What did I say that triggered you about Uncle Joe?
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: July 08, 2020, 04:46:01 PM »
Tapout noted bidenbot8.man
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: July 08, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »
ANSWER THE QUESTION, 8IDEN8OT.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8311 on: July 08, 2020, 04:51:05 PM »
We are all bidenbot
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: July 08, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
No, I'm Bidenbot!

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: July 08, 2020, 05:11:47 PM »
Few things...

—How did I become a BidenBot?
—What will anything Biden does accomplish towards this end over the next 6 months? He holds no office.
—What did I say that triggered you about Uncle Joe?

You mentioned testing, and the entities that make the materials needed for testing are having difficulty keeping up with the demand.

We'll have a new leader in a few months, and I'd like to see Bidenbots use that celebratory moment that will:  Usher in a mentally incapacitated new president, but one with (D) and that all that matters. As well as ending the pandemic and ending racism.   Granted by then the pandemic may technically no longer meet the threshold of a pandemic, or at least not meet the threshold of an epidemic, but I digress.    Use that time, to call on your new hero to put aside his total deference to the CCP, and bring the entirety of our strategic medical production back to 'Merica.

I call on all resident Bidenbots, particularly proud BidenBot.7 to make your voices heard on this matter.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: July 08, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »

8man, will you join me in calling for the re-homing of production of all critical testing supplies to these United States of America? 

In fact, as a BidenBot, we are counting on you to call on your leader, Joe Biden to reverse his long standing total deference to all things China,  particularly their current president.    We'll need BidenBots to stand in one voice and demand that their leader spearhead the re-nationalization of strategic products, particularly medical supplies and equipment.

Wouldn’t trump covering his fat face with a mask help more than dumbie things like this?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: July 08, 2020, 05:58:38 PM »

Wouldn’t trump covering his fat face with a mask help more than dumbie things like this?

These are two different things, Slow Dug.  Apparently you haven't been paying close attention as usual. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: July 08, 2020, 06:00:07 PM »
Add companies producing q-tips overseas to the list of who to blame for Trump's pandemic failure.  If you are scoring at home....

The buck stops
* China
* media
* drug companies
* cold weather
* population density
* European Strain
* Impeachment
* County health executives
* governors (blue states Govs only)
* World Health Organization
* Obama
* Brix / Fauci
* college kids
* Q-tip companies

missing any dax?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: July 08, 2020, 06:05:15 PM »
Add companies producing q-tips overseas to the list of who to blame for Trump's pandemic failure.  If you are scoring at home....

The buck stops
* China
* media
* drug companies
* cold weather
* population density
* European Strain
* Impeachment
* Obama
* Brix / Fauci
* college kids
* Q-tip companies

missing any dax?

Only the lowest of the very lowest IQ associate what I'm talking about to blame, Phil.

Albeit, it is fairly obvious that your guy Joe when he was toasting President Xi like the little CCP bitch that he his, ensured that copious amounts of U.S. strategic medical production was offshored, mainly to China.    This has not only hampered our response, but the response of numerous other countries as well.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: July 08, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »

The buck stops
* China
* media
* drug companies
* cold weather
* population density
* European Strain
* Impeachment
* Obama
* Brix / Fauci
* college kids
* Q-tip companies

missing any dax?

Only the lowest of the very lowest IQ associate what I'm talking about to blame, Phil.

Albeit, it is fairly obvious that your guy Joe when he was toasting President Xi like the little CCP bitch that he his, ensured that copious amounts of U.S. strategic medical production was offshored, mainly to China.    This has not only hampered our response, but the response of numerous other countries as well.

That's weird because when we mention Trump's failures you immediately reply with one of these on the list as a rebuttal. 

I'm shocked Biden moved all manufacturing offshore all by himself.  Powerful dude, we should make him president!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: July 08, 2020, 06:33:02 PM »

These are two different things, Slow Dug.  Apparently you haven't been paying close attention as usual.

I will join in the call to bring important manufacturing home.  Will you join in demanding trump cover his morbidly obese face? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: July 08, 2020, 07:37:59 PM »

I will join in the call to bring important manufacturing home.  Will you join in demanding trump cover his morbidly obese face?

I believe I already said something like "straight to the top" when comes to mask wearing and the football season.

But if you really need this, Slow Dug.  Yes, I will join you.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: July 08, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: July 08, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »
Texas mortality rate:  1.2%

Of the 693 deaths investigated TDPH, 94% are over the age of 60.   I don't know why they have to investigate, but whatever.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: July 08, 2020, 09:44:26 PM »
'CHIP ME.

bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-07-08/the-global-fight-over-covid-19-vaccines-will-get-very-ugly

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: July 08, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »
'CHIP ME.

bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-07-08/the-global-fight-over-covid-19-vaccines-will-get-very-ugly
I expected these battles were already being fought if not determined for the various vaccine manufacturers.

As for which people actually get the first vaccines in the US, if they can really get 100 million+ distributed roughly evenly across the US it shouldn’t really even matter which people get them (other than obviously excluding anyone who previously tested positive).