Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1064785 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8250 on: July 07, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »
Yeah, whatabout that, Phillip?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: July 07, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »
In Perpetual Meltdown Phil World, it's always the Federal Governments fault (only if a Republican is President)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: July 07, 2020, 09:26:07 PM »
Medical Xpress: Lack of lockdown increased COVID-19 deaths in Sweden, analysis finds.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-lack-lockdown-covid-deaths-sweden.html

Lockdown likely increased Covid19 deaths in the US Northeast.  Should have been social distancing and mandatory masks.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: July 07, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »
Friend has been waiting in line for testing and results all day

Plenty of tests. Trump in March.

Billions to states for tests, public health administrators drawing hundreds of thousands in salaries . . . blame Trump.

You never want to talk about that, Phil.   It's been one clueless local and state public health official after another, because all most of them are good at is shoving paper around on their desk and going to conferences and symposiums. 

Figure out a way to survive for 30 years for that gub retirement, or get appointed by the gub, meeting/conference/delegate, their way around for a few years, then get hired into a cushy private sector consulting job.   

Remember the ventilator meltdown?  Then we discover that guys like Cuomo didn't wanna buy any of those boring ventilators for less than 1% of the state budget.   Then a few years later, he's screaming for the Federal gov't to come save the day.

Yes the real problem in america right now is the Riley county health dude/chick pulling down 40k.

If this isn't trump / Brix job why did they claim they would get us 5M tests a day, drive up everywhere within weeks. It seems only want to say it wasn't their job when their claims don't come to be.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:34:15 PM by Phil Titola »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: July 07, 2020, 09:32:24 PM »
Not much substance here but good vibes on the herd immunity wagon

The Wall Street Journal: Herd Immunity May Be Closer Than You Think.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/herd-immunity-may-be-closer-than-you-think-11594076237?mod=flipboard

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: July 07, 2020, 09:51:16 PM »

Took ten hours but got two negatives!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: July 07, 2020, 09:53:46 PM »

Billions to states for tests, public health administrators drawing hundreds of thousands in salaries . . . blame Trump.

You never want to talk about that, Phil.   It's been one clueless local and state public health official after another, because all most of them are good at is shoving paper around on their desk and going to conferences and symposiums. 

Figure out a way to survive for 30 years for that gub retirement, or get appointed by the gub, meeting/conference/delegate, their way around for a few years, then get hired into a cushy private sector consulting job.   

Remember the ventilator meltdown?  Then we discover that guys like Cuomo didn't wanna buy any of those boring ventilators for less than 1% of the state budget.   Then a few years later, he's screaming for the Federal gov't to come save the day.

Yes the real problem in america right now is the Riley county health dude/chick pulling down 40k $101K (and only because she's a newbie, old one was $107K).

If this isn't trump / Brix job why did they claim they would get us 5M tests a day, drive up everywhere within weeks. It seems only want to say it wasn't their job when their claims don't come to be.

FIFY

Manufacturers can't manufacture testing materials fast enough.

I mean, sorry a state that's got a massive government payroll like California can't run testing sites efficiently.   cRusty's friends might want to give Sonia Angell's office a ring.  Her total compensation including retirement contribution for FY 2018 was $360K, and I'm sure in Gav world that's gone up.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:58:57 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: July 07, 2020, 10:17:30 PM »
Amazing trump and his crack task force has no responsibility despite standing in front of America daily back in March telling us how they had this completely under control. Thanks dax!

Gone by April, (if these dang county health departments would have just done their jobs!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: July 07, 2020, 10:43:06 PM »
Amazing trump and his crack task force has no responsibility despite standing in front of America daily back in March telling us how they had this completely under control. Thanks dax!

Gone by April, (if these dang county health departments would have just done their jobs!)

Once again, you guys loved Fauci and Birx.

I mean, why should we expect health directors who are in some cases pulling down better salaries then the top people on the Federal level to actually do their jobs?   Who wants to be bothered with ordering boring cotton swabs and PPE when there's that symposium on ancient diseases in Carmel to attend?  Besides, everyone knows that when the heavy stuff hits, they can just pull out those empty pockets, shrug and wait for the Federal gov't to come pay for everything.   Just like hurricanes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: July 07, 2020, 11:04:43 PM »
Medical Xpress: Lack of lockdown increased COVID-19 deaths in Sweden, analysis finds.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-lack-lockdown-covid-deaths-sweden.html

Lockdown likely increased Covid19 deaths in the US Northeast.  Should have been social distancing and mandatory masks.

Thought this would be a bigger take away.

"Analyzed by categorical age group, older Swedish patients with confirmed COVID-19 were more likely to die than to be admitted to the ICU, suggesting that predicted prognosis may have been a factor in ICU admission," the researchers wrote. "This likely reduced ICU load at the cost of more high-risk patients dying outside the ICU."

anecdotally, my wife's hospital has been seeing a ton of older or high risk covid patients that are DNR/DNI (do not resuscitate/do not inTubate). DNR is somewhat common in normal times but DNI is less so. Some patients are just like "don't send me to the ICU". Not sure if the patients are getting counseled to go this route or if it's just something older folks are talking about but it's a shift - usually too many people are DNR that shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:11:41 PM by michigancat »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: July 07, 2020, 11:08:04 PM »
anecdotally, my wife's hospital has been seeing a ton of older or high risk covid patients that are DNR/DNI (do not resuscitate/do not incubate). DNR is somewhat common in normal times but DNI is less so. Some patients are just like "don't send me to the ICU". Not sure if the patients are getting counseled to go this route or if it's just something older folks are talking about but it's a shift - usually too many people are DNR that shouldn't be.

Personally, I don't want to be incubated either.  Like, when I'm ready to die, don't you dare try to grow me all over again.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: July 07, 2020, 11:11:52 PM »
GAH, EDITED

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: July 08, 2020, 12:03:39 AM »

i have an appointment for a test scheduled for this coming saturday (9 and 11 days post possible exposure; 7 days after i requested a test).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: July 08, 2020, 12:26:02 AM »

i have an appointment for a test scheduled for this coming saturday (9 and 11 days post possible exposure; 7 days after i requested a test).

I mean I guess this kinda explains why we don't hear much about contact tracing these days.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: July 08, 2020, 08:51:14 AM »
The real expert has logged on

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1280857657365200902

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8265 on: July 08, 2020, 09:26:46 AM »
The real expert has logged on

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1280857657365200902

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling reopening schools isn't going to go well.

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/1280861731032633344

here the school district is planning on a splitting the schools in half and doing half days four days a week, I guess to make tracing and sanitizing easier since the kids will be in the same cohort more or less, plus there's no lunch and time to sanitize between morning and afternoon. There's also an online only option that is supposed to be limited to high-risk families, but I get the feeling like half of parents want to go this route because they're worried about bringing the rona home. Gonna be a shitshow.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: July 08, 2020, 09:34:41 AM »
Man the rest of the world (minus Brazil) must be cackling rolling a joint watching the US shitshow unfold.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: July 08, 2020, 09:55:39 AM »
KS:  1.250 Billion from the CARES Act.   The State itself got $1.034 Billion (equals 15% of the FY 2020 KS Budget).  Johnson County got:  $116M  Sedgwick County Got $99M 

MO:  $2.083 Billion from the CARES Act  (equals 9% of the FY 2020 Budget) Jackson County: $122M  St. Louis County: $173M

Probably should have the Feds take over, clear state and local government people can't handle the money.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: July 08, 2020, 09:58:43 AM »
California $15 Billion from the CARES Act, plus all states have gotten huge chunks of the over $20 Billion HHS has distributed for testing.

SMDH, state and local derps still can't handle anything.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: July 08, 2020, 10:09:46 AM »
You didn't see the part where I said testing in jackson co is whipping asses?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: July 08, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »
You didn't see the part where I said testing in jackson co is whipping asses?

Oh good. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: July 08, 2020, 10:46:21 AM »
Task force meeting. Let's see if Fauci is there.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: July 08, 2020, 10:47:47 AM »

The task force job is done.  This is all 3,143 counties in the US problem now.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: July 08, 2020, 10:51:09 AM »

The task force job is done.  This is all 3,143 counties in the US problem now.

As the Feds give states billions upon billions dollars to assist with all things Covid related, Drama Boy Phil rages on and on about the incompetence on display at the state and local level.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: July 08, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »
Positive rates leveling off in AZ and FL.