Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065653 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What was I supposed to focus on in that article Dax? I see underlines and italics but nothing bolded.
It’s over your head Helmet Boy.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Could we get <500 today?  Hard to say for sure, but my gut says “maybe.”

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
What was I supposed to focus on in that article Dax? I see underlines and italics but nothing bolded.

What is your point of all of this?  If you find someone to blame it will suddenly be gone and we don't have to deal with it anymore?  Such an unimportant point at this stage in the game.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1264721027407294466

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1264628511983230978

Is there any theories as to why? Seems like a great few exples.on how this SOB spreads best. My guess is singing?
Supposedly the German church wasn't singing and was following social distancing protocol. I think large groups of people inside together for long periods of time along with the unknown ventilation factor are the big risks. You should read Noah Smith's threads, he shares a lot of good info on factors for spreading events (among his other great info).

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1264811526759669760

Don't know about other religions', but Catholics shake hands during mass with those around them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:30:07 PM by Katpappy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Great article on contact tracing. The feds should be throwing so much money at this

https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1264267603347861504

propublica is doing good journalism.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What is your point of all of this?  If you find someone to blame it will suddenly be gone and we don't have to deal with it anymore?  Such an unimportant point at this stage in the game.
Phil, you’re in constant total meltdown mode.  So just recuse yourself and let the adults talk.

Oh LOL, at understanding the structure and makeup of the virus being unimportant.   

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile

Phil, you’re in constant total meltdown mode.  So just recuse yourself and let the adults talk.

Oh LOL, at understanding the structure and makeup of the virus being unimportant.

:gocho:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I was just thinking that either one of you two can start a Covid-19 total meltdown thread together.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

I was just thinking that either one of you two can start a Covid-19 total meltdown thread together.

I'm interested in my most melt down post.  Did it include bold, underline, and italics? 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
The three of you, shut up

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Looking for somewhere in the range of 1330 today. 

If weekend reporting numbers were extra low because of the holiday, we could see a "spike" (small/no dropoff/slight gain?) compared to last tuesday (1430), but 1330 is my guess.  Anything below that is great. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

If weekend reporting numbers were extra low because of the holiday, we could see a "spike" (small/no dropoff/slight gain?) compared to last tuesday (1430), but 1330 is my guess.  Anything below that is great.

"great".  4th in deaths per capita of our industrialized brethern.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/total-covid-deaths-per-million?tab=chart&country=OWID_WRL+JPN+CAN+USA+GBR+FRA+ITA+DEU

So jelly of Japan rn.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/total-covid-deaths-per-million?tab=chart&country=OWID_WRL+JPN+CAN+USA+GBR+FRA+ITA+DEU

So jelly of Japan rn.
10 percent dropoff compared to last week on a day when we're expecting slightly inflated numbers would sure sound like good news to me, Phil.  Four Tuesdays ago there were 2530 people that died.  1330, by comparison, is great. That would be 1200 fewer dead, by my math..

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.
10 percent dropoff compared to last week on a day when we're expecting slightly inflated numbers would sure sound like good news to me, Phil.  Four Tuesdays ago there were 2530 people that died.  1330, by comparison, is great. That would be 1200 fewer dead, by my math..

Yes it is positive news, great just kind of stung as that's still 1000 Americans dying in one day and I think we are losing how effing horrible that is.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

Yes it is positive news, great just kind of stung as that's still 1000 Americans dying in one day and I think we are losing how effing horrible that is.
Yeah.  We're in a pandemic.  Lots of people are dying every day. 

Obviously value statements applied to progress are on a curve. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

and again I'll point out how we're not doing well vs. our peers.  Frustrating to say the least.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The three of you, shut up

GFY cRusty . . . I started this thread.

Feel free to go start a thread and you can post all the Twitter Rando's and Model'ers, who almost always wrong all day long.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

and again I'll point out how we're not doing well vs. our peers.  Frustrating to say the least.

Who are our peers, Phil?

When you figure that out, please post:  Country Name, population and demographic make-up

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We are peerless
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

Who are our peers, Phil?

When you figure that out, please post:  Country Name, population and demographic make-up
I think comparing us to western nations on a per capita basis is pretty fair.  You can include eastern countries too, but I think there are quite a bit of structural differences that make those more like apples and oranges.

I'm mostly focused on the progress the US makes though, so when I say something is (or might be) "great," i don't really GAF about how whatever I'm talking about compares to something I'm not talking about.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

Who are our peers, Phil?

I think comparing us to western nations on a per capita basis is pretty fair.  You can include eastern countries too, but I think there are quite a bit of structural differences that make those more like apples and oranges.

I'm mostly focused on the progress the US makes though, so when I say something is (or might be) "great," i don't really GAF about how whatever I'm talking about compares to something I'm not talking about.

Let's hear some names.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

Who are our peers, Phil?

Here is the link again.  I assumed since you quoted it, you clicked it but guess not.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
it shouldn't be too difficult to find the G7 populations and demographics

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So jelly of Japan rn.

Who are our peers, Phil?

Here is the link again.  I assumed since you quoted it, you clicked it but guess not.

That wasn't the homework assignment, Phil.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
country.  done.  per capita population comparions.  done. 

"Demographics" is too broad of a request but I assume you can find something different in those other countries that give you an "out" to why we've failed vs others.