Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050784 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Sick people should stay home. eff that lady and blaming the state easing lockdown is dumb
She hasn't been able to work for a month and a half! Even in Springfield $1200 go that far.

I blame the government for creating the situation that forces people to choose between paying rent or possibly infecting other people (and probably making themselves sicker in the process)

She would still be eligible for the 800 a week in unemployment but yes we need a better sick leave option for people

That’s going away in 8 weeks

Okay. That's not really relevant to why she went to work when sick now and it still maybe extended.

My point is sick people shouldn't go into work when there is a global pandemic and blaming opening of economies isn't the problem.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
654 today.  22 percent drop compared to last Sunday.  Down 34 percent compared to 2 Sundays ago.

There’s a decent chance we’re under 500 tomorrow.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
We need guaranteed sick pay! I don't fault these hairstylists at all, they're just trying to survive. The government needs to guarantee they can stay home when they get sick and not go broke.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/1264333483670814720

So, isn't this case in Springfield a HUGE opportunity to study transmission rates? How many folks did she give it to?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
We need guaranteed sick pay! I don't fault these hairstylists at all, they're just trying to survive. The government needs to guarantee they can stay home when they get sick and not go broke.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/1264333483670814720

So, isn't this case in Springfield a HUGE opportunity to study transmission rates? How many folks did she give it to?
Yeah it's a nice opportunity. I'm guessing they're trying to get everyone who was exposed tracked down. The fact that there were probably appointments should make it pretty easy but that's a lot of folks to contact and test and likely inform the secondary contacts as well until test results come back. Contact tracing!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sick people should stay home. eff that lady and blaming the state easing lockdown is dumb
She hasn't been able to work for a month and a half! Even in Springfield $1200 go that far.

I blame the government for creating the situation that forces people to choose between paying rent or possibly infecting other people (and probably making themselves sicker in the process)

She would still be eligible for the 800 a week in unemployment but yes we need a better sick leave option for people

That’s going away in 8 weeks

Okay. That's not really relevant to why she went to work when sick now and it still maybe extended.

My point is sick people shouldn't go into work when there is a global pandemic and blaming opening of economies isn't the problem.

Would she have been eligible for unemployment if her workplace was open and she was asked to come in? I don't think she would have but I don't know much about unemployment.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

she should have been exposed to relentless advertising letting her know that she should go get tested as soon as she felt ill and where to go and then she should have been paid $100/day or so to stay in a hotel when she tested positive and the 56 clients exposed to her should have been tested before this article was published and they should be in hotels now getting paid $100/day and waiting for their 2nd test to see if they can go home or if they need to wait 14 days like their stylist.

even when we get the testing and tracing right, we're rough ridin' up because we don't have a plan that's designed to actually stop the spread of the virus, it's just going through the motions.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
anecdotally, i'm seeing a noticeable increase in traffic around town and on the freeways and there's more "look at these idiots" tweets showing up than a few weeks back.  my guess is we've got another 10 days or so of falling deaths before they start to tick back up.

might make a poll on it, but i'll wait until the current poll is resolved.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
anecdotally, i'm seeing a noticeable increase in traffic around town and on the freeways and there's more "look at these idiots" tweets showing up than a few weeks back.  my guess is we've got another 10 days or so of falling deaths before they start to tick back up.

It’ll be interesting. There’s been a lot of “look at these idiots” tweets, but most of the idiots shown have been outside (particularly the ozarks people). 

Should be putting the outside transmission effect to the test.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also anecdotally my wife's hospital just had to open a second covid unit (I think they'd had everyone in one since mid April. Every single patient had been infected at home (allegedly). Latinos getting hit especially hard.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

she should have been exposed to relentless advertising letting her know that she should go get tested as soon as she felt ill and where to go and then she should have been paid $100/day or so to stay in a hotel when she tested positive and the 56 clients exposed to her should have been tested before this article was published and they should be in hotels now getting paid $100/day and waiting for their 2nd test to see if they can go home or if they need to wait 14 days like their stylist.

even when we get the testing and tracing right, we're rough ridin' up because we don't have a plan that's designed to actually stop the spread of the virus, it's just going through the motions.

^^^^^

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’ll be interesting. There’s been a lot of “look at these idiots” tweets, but most of the idiots shown have been outside (particularly the ozarks people). 

yeah.  i think it's evidence of increasing lackadaisicalness all around, but it's possible people have taken the outdoor/indoor risk differential to heart.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

yeah.  i think it's evidence of increasing lackadaisicalness all around, but it's possible people have taken the outdoor/indoor risk differential to heart.
Yeah.  Definitely the former.  But I’d rather have the lackadaisical outside.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Georgia had been open 4 weeks now. Not saying you are wrong but the"wait two weeks" tweets are going to start falling on deaf ears.

I went to three places today. All outside. All 6 to 10 feet from another table. I felt infinitely less in danger than those squeezing  into Walmart weekly for their "needs" but I bet if someone took a pic of the patio I was on you'd get an angle that made it look swamped with people and Twitter shamed.

My point is we aren't solving the problem with tweet shaming

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i didn't say to wait two weeks when georgia opened.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
i didn't say to wait two weeks when georgia opened.

Yeah wasn't directed at anybody really even though I quoted you.

Sorry, kickball day/evening for Phil. I'm out.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
How was travel from Brazil not already banned? This is insane

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Great article on contact tracing. The feds should be throwing so much money at this

https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1264267603347861504

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Could we get <500 today?  Hard to say for sure, but my gut says “maybe.”

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1264721027407294466

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1264628511983230978
My parish is still closed.

I know Visitation (in KC) is limiting attendance and requiring people to sign up to attend Mass. 

I assume the archdiocese is requiring either closure or strict limitations.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Great article on contact tracing. The feds should be throwing so much money at this

https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1264267603347861504

It's a state problem.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Is there any theories as to why? Seems like a great few exples.on how this SOB spreads best. My guess is singing?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Is there any theories as to why? Seems like a great few exples.on how this SOB spreads best. My guess is singing?
Supposedly the German church wasn't singing and was following social distancing protocol. I think large groups of people inside together for long periods of time along with the unknown ventilation factor are the big risks. You should read Noah Smith's threads, he shares a lot of good info on factors for spreading events (among his other great info).

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1264811526759669760

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
While Bat Woman said she would "stake her life" that Covid-19 didn't come from her lab.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6158843835001

“It was like it was designed to infect humans,” he said.

“One of the possibilities is that an animal host was infected by two coronaviruses at the same time and COVID-19 is the progeny of that interaction between the two viruses.

“The same process can happen in a petri-dish. If you have cells in culture and you have human cells in that culture which the viruses are infecting, then if there are two viruses in that dish, they can swap genetic information and you can accidentally or deliberately create a whole third new virus out of that system.

“In other words COVID-19 could have been created from that recombination event in an animal host or it could have occurred in a cell-culture experiment.”

Professor Petrovsky was originally modelling the virus in January to prepare a vaccine candidate. He then turned his attention to “explore what animal species might have been involved in the transmission to humans” to understand the origins of the virus - and had a “surprising” result when none were well-adapted.

“We found that the COVID-19 virus was particularly well-adapted to bind to human cells and that was far superior to its ability to bind to the cells of any other animal species which is quite unusual because typically when a virus is well-adapted to an animal and then it by chance crosses to a human, typically, you would expect it to have lower-binding to human cells than to the original host animal. We found the opposite so that was a big surprise,” he said.

Meanwhile China is going to deploy not 1 but 2 aircraft carriers in the South China Sea and a major art exhibit in China depicts graphic posters of PLA soldiers fighting in front of the Taiwanese Presidential Palace with dead U.S. Marines at their feet . . . while they clamp down on Hong Kong even more.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:35:15 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
What was I supposed to focus on in that article Dax? I see underlines and italics but nothing bolded.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f