Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1067730 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #2950 on: April 01, 2020, 02:47:45 PM »
i'd be surprised if 10% of small business owners are aware of this.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRStrain/status/1245393953723219969

honestly trump should be going crazy with this at his press conferences instead of running mypillow ads

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 01, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
Guess that's why we don't have a lot of ventilators in the US hospital supplies if they only have a 20% success rate.  Woof.
I think it’s fair to say COVID-19 can be quite a bit worse than other things you might need a ventilator for.

I'm not sure that's true. Just about anything you would need a ventilator for is very serious.
Serious, sure. But I’d put something like ARDS a little further down the spectrum than sleep apnea.

I don't think that is the same type of ventilator.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 01, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »
Sys, that's something I was just thinking about earlier today as I drove past an engineering firm with an empty parking lot, and it made me think of all the factory, warehouse, and construction workers that are still going to work. Despite best practices, they are still likely exposed to numerous other people every day. The work from home privilege is certainly an interesting class divide.
The ability to work from home is truly a privilege. I’ve been going to the grocery store once a week and that ~30 min once a week is the only real exposure I get to being around multiple people. I also go at off times to limit how busy it is. I know I’m very lucky I can do that.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 01, 2020, 02:57:36 PM »
I've worked from home for years. And I loved it. Now I hate it. Figure that crap out. YOU CAN'T.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 01, 2020, 02:59:29 PM »
I've worked from home for years. And I loved it. Now I hate it. Figure that crap out. YOU CAN'T.

Yes I can. It's like your wife giving you a hall pass to have an affair. Loses much of its mystique. Oh, and taking care of kids.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: April 01, 2020, 02:59:55 PM »

Yeah. That is a real [redacted]

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: April 01, 2020, 03:04:21 PM »

honestly trump should be going crazy with this at his press conferences instead of running mypillow ads

I can't fathom that a small business with zero customers isn't fully aware the government passed a $2T deal and trying to find out what could be in it to help them out.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: April 01, 2020, 03:06:07 PM »
Sys, that's something I was just thinking about earlier today as I drove past an engineering firm with an empty parking lot, and it made me think of all the factory, warehouse, and construction workers that are still going to work. Despite best practices, they are still likely exposed to numerous other people every day. The work from home privilege is certainly an interesting class divide.
Yeah, both my brother and dad are workimg from home on the white collar side of offices with a factory portion that are still operational.
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: April 01, 2020, 03:17:22 PM »
Out running I usually jump on the empty street if passing someone but sometimes it's not possible, this gives me some comfort that brief interaction is pretty low risk for either of us.  I figured it would be given we're outside, etc but of course had to find internet proof.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/am-i-at-risk-if-i-pass-someone-on-a-crowded-sidewalk-and-11-other-coronavirus-questions/

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: April 01, 2020, 03:30:02 PM »

I can't fathom that a small business with zero customers isn't fully aware the government passed a $2T deal and trying to find out what could be in it to help them out.
True but it's a ridiculously complicated bill and the grant aspect for small business maintaining payroll was definitely not clearly called out on the initial news.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: April 01, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »

Haven’t this and the grocery access/shopping thing that @sys mentioned always been quite clear?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: April 01, 2020, 03:35:05 PM »

True but it's a ridiculously complicated bill and the grant aspect for small business maintaining payroll was definitely not clearly called out on the initial news.

It is amazing to think that this isn't being promoted more by Trump during his daily running at the mouth.  He is still worried that everybody doesn't know he shut the borders.

Of course this whole US situation would be better with more of about everything.  Info on the stimulus, PPE, testing, comprehensive plan.  I don't even lay many of these at Trump.  At what point do we realize Brix maybe a nice calming voice but what actually is being done?

We could be light years ahead of where we are now.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: April 01, 2020, 03:35:44 PM »
Guess that's why we don't have a lot of ventilators in the US hospital supplies if they only have a 20% success rate.  Woof.
I think it’s fair to say COVID-19 can be quite a bit worse than other things you might need a ventilator for.

I'm not sure that's true. Just about anything you would need a ventilator for is very serious.
Serious, sure. But I’d put something like ARDS a little further down the spectrum than sleep apnea.

I don't think that is the same type of ventilator.
If they’re different at all I think the home use ones might be more complicated.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: April 01, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »
china closed all theaters again. so, it's probably out of control there. sounds like they may just be planning to give up and let it burn through the population and not talk about it. the russian plan.

if covid19 was out of control in china, we'd know.  all of the conspiracy theories re. china is mostly a reluctance to admit that east asian countries are handling this so much better than are european countries and the united states.

I my mind I felt like some of us were being called racist or xenophobic when I read this, in retrospect I still feel the same way. I don't need an apology, but I do feel it's important to crip walk all over this pc bullshit. They're rough ridin' liars, it was easy to see, and they literally mumped the entire planet and continue to do so because people are using distancing and timing models based on fake statistics.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: April 01, 2020, 04:37:59 PM »
Someone good at this stuff should start a support thread for gE small business on what they should be doing re. this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: April 01, 2020, 04:39:30 PM »
I my mind I felt like some of us were being called racist or xenophobic when I read this, in retrospect I still feel the same way. I don't need an apology, but I do feel it's important to crip walk all over this pc bullshit. They're rough ridin' liars, it was easy to see, and they literally mumped the entire planet and continue to do so because people are using distancing and timing models based on fake statistics.

genuine horseshoe theory.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: April 01, 2020, 04:42:14 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: April 01, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »

genuine horseshoe theory.

lol, that's fine, if there's a choice between being maga and having to put on clown makeup to cape up for a regime that kills babies that are over a government placed limit, commits state sponsored human rights violations, and has Muslims actively in concentration camps, then get me my red hat. Not acknowledging that China is lying about the impact of coronavirus, with all of the supporting evidence, and literally none supporting the alternative, is being contrarian for the sake of doing so.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: April 01, 2020, 05:04:55 PM »

The percentage is definitely higher, imo. I work for a smaller community bank in kansas and the lending staff has been inundated with questions. Local chamber organizations are doing a good job at reaching out to businesses in these smaller towns. Our lenders are reaching out to the business customers as well. but Unfortunately the lenders are still figuring this all out at the same time as everyone. From what i have heard, the application process is fairly straight forward. Agreed that this is a great thing and needs to be pushed more nationally.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: April 01, 2020, 05:08:04 PM »

The percentage is definitely higher, imo. I work for a smaller community bank in kansas and the lending staff has been inundated with questions. Local chamber organizations are doing a good job at reaching out to businesses in these smaller towns. Our lenders are reaching out to the business customers as well. but Unfortunately the lenders are still figuring this all out at the same time as everyone. From what i have heard, the application process is fairly straight forward. Agreed that this is a great thing and needs to be pushed more nationally.

Yes, I'd assume local chambers of commerce are very active in getting the word of this and other federal and state programs out. We have a very small c of c here and we get daily updates about these programs.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: April 01, 2020, 05:08:28 PM »
There's a thread about it on surly, shitloads of posters have already applied. Some good lawhorn advice too (probably, it all looks like gibberish to me)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: April 01, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »

Applications start Friday. Sample app is on sba site and is very simple.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 01, 2020, 05:26:52 PM »
that's good to know. @Trim

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: April 01, 2020, 05:27:02 PM »
lol, that's fine, if there's a choice between being maga and having to put on clown makeup to cape up for a regime that kills babies that are over a government placed limit, commits state sponsored human rights violations, and has Muslims actively in concentration camps, then get me my red hat. Not acknowledging that China is lying about the impact of coronavirus, with all of the supporting evidence, and literally none supporting the alternative, is being contrarian for the sake of doing so.

covid 19 is not raging out of control across china and we'd know if it was =/ i love china and everything they do.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 01, 2020, 05:53:25 PM »

covid 19 is not raging out of control across china and we'd know if it was =/ i love china and everything they do.

Move those goalposts, just win would be proud.