Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1071743 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #2975 on: April 01, 2020, 05:58:07 PM »
i have not moved goalposts.  this aspect of misrepresenting what i've said makes discussions with you unpleasant.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 01, 2020, 06:09:25 PM »
i don't get why testing is stalled out.

https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1245465267028684802
Keep the tests limited so we will never know how rough ridin' bad Trump let it get.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2977 on: April 01, 2020, 06:20:19 PM »
i'd be surprised if 10% of small business owners are aware of this.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRStrain/status/1245393953723219969
My industry organizations have been pumping emails about it. I've asked our local sales reps to share with our clients.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2978 on: April 01, 2020, 06:21:26 PM »
I've worked from home for years. And I loved it. Now I hate it. Figure that crap out. YOU CAN'T.
I've never been more ready to book a hotel in Ft Wayne.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 01, 2020, 06:22:29 PM »
I think there’s plenty of reason to think China has been fudging their numbers. I also think there’s plenty of reason to think the measures they’ve taken have been drastically more successful than the vast majority of other countries.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 01, 2020, 06:23:56 PM »
i have not moved goalposts.  this aspect of misrepresenting what i've said makes discussions with you unpleasant.

Misrepresenting what you said? Are these quotes not attributable to you?

all of the conspiracy theories re. china is mostly a reluctance to admit that east asian countries are handling this so much better than are european countries and the united states.

covid 19 is not raging out of control across china and we'd know if it was =/ i love china and everything they do.

This was in response to posters, not just me, stating that China wasn't being honest about their numbers. No one said they had hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths, just a hell of a lot more than 3700. I suppose you can provide yourself shelter under the totally nebulous "raging out of control" whatever that means.

It's ridiculous to think that the country that had it first, didn't have the insight to know it was coming, had it months before it was discovered anywhere else, and is the most populous country in the world, has several times fewer cases than countries who had time to prepare, has much smaller populations, and less population density. Is it also inappropriate to point out that coronavirus still is present in China but their death toll hasn't advanced in a month? Should that just be chalked up to good ol' fashioned communist know-how?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 01, 2020, 06:25:58 PM »
that's good to know. @Trim

Yeah, it's good stuff.  I read all about it last Friday and felt a lot better about the whole situation, not sure what sparked it up today.  I've been passing info along to my favorite bar owner.  rough ridin' crazy that it hasn't been the most prominent subject at all those afternoon press conferences.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 01, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
I think there’s plenty of reason to think China has been fudging their numbers. I also think there’s plenty of reason to think the measures they’ve taken have been drastically more successful than the vast majority of other countries.

yes. I work with folks in China that were on lockdown before most people here were aware it was a big deal and now they're back to work. I don't think they'd be back if things weren't fairly stable. I think another more significant piece of evidence that the virus is mostly under control is that Apple has all their stores open there (but closed everywhere else). Apple has a huge presence in China beyond the stores and have a good idea of what it's like. Like sys said, we do too much business with them to have no clue of what's going on.

But at the same time, yeah I think they have both fudged the numbers and missed a lot due to it starting there.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: April 01, 2020, 06:59:12 PM »
Capacity?

i don't think we should have hit any meaningful limitation on testing capacity at 100k/day.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: April 01, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »
This was in response to posters, not just me, stating that China wasn't being honest about their numbers. No one said they had hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths, just a hell of a lot more than 3700. I suppose you can provide yourself shelter under the totally nebulous "raging out of control" whatever that means.

It's ridiculous to think that the country that had it first, didn't have the insight to know it was coming, had it months before it was discovered anywhere else, and is the most populous country in the world, has several times fewer cases than countries who had time to prepare, has much smaller populations, and less population density. Is it also inappropriate to point out that coronavirus still is present in China but their death toll hasn't advanced in a month? Should that just be chalked up to good ol' fashioned communist know-how?

yeah, both of those are my quotes.  iirc, i also posted, shortly after that first post, agreeing with another poster that the exact numbers may or may not be accurate and we wouldn't know, but that we have good evidence that they were able to control the initial outbreak.

they do continue to report new covid 19 deaths, btw.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 01, 2020, 07:32:58 PM »
that's good to know. @Trim

Yeah, it's good stuff.  I read all about it last Friday and felt a lot better about the whole situation, not sure what sparked it up today.  I've been passing info along to my favorite bar owner.  rough ridin' crazy that it hasn't been the most prominent subject at all those afternoon press conferences.

Guidance and application process from fed/sba came out last night, that's why.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 01, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
lol, that's fine, if there's a choice between being maga and having to put on clown makeup to cape up for a regime that kills babies that are over a government placed limit, commits state sponsored human rights violations, and has Muslims actively in concentration camps, then get me my red hat. Not acknowledging that China is lying about the impact of coronavirus, with all of the supporting evidence, and literally none supporting the alternative, is being contrarian for the sake of doing so.

covid 19 is not raging out of control across china and we'd know if it was =/ i love china and everything they do.

Move those goalposts, just win would be proud.

I'm not sure where the move the goalposts reference to me came from, but I will clarify something in case this is what people are referring to.  I chose 50-100K in sys's poll as how many people will be reported as dying from coronavirus and that is more than 10K.  If I said there would only be 10K, that is certainly going to be incorrect.

My mentioning the difference between being reported as dying with a coronavirus infection vs it actually being a true cause of death had to do with giving equal weight in terms of the VSL for coronavirus victims.  This is the reason I prefer to use QALYs rather than simply stating lives lost.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: April 01, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »
Everyone buckle up for some super long block quotes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 01, 2020, 07:54:26 PM »
lol, that's fine, if there's a choice between being maga and having to put on clown makeup to cape up for a regime that kills babies that are over a government placed limit, commits state sponsored human rights violations, and has Muslims actively in concentration camps, then get me my red hat. Not acknowledging that China is lying about the impact of coronavirus, with all of the supporting evidence, and literally none supporting the alternative, is being contrarian for the sake of doing so.

Move those goalposts, just win would be proud.

I'm not sure where the move the goalposts reference to me came from, but I will clarify something in case this is what people are referring to.  I chose 50-100K in sys's poll as how many people will be reported as dying from coronavirus and that is more than 10K.  If I said there would only be 10K, that is certainly going to be incorrect.

My mentioning the difference between being reported as dying with a coronavirus infection vs it actually being a true cause of death had to do with giving equal weight in terms of the VSL for coronavirus victims.  This is the reason I prefer to use QALYs rather than simply stating lives lost.

okay boss

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 01, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 01, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »
If we were voting for the biggest rough ridin' idiot in the USA instead of president we’d have probably gotten the same person. Which is something.

https://twitter.com/acosta/status/1245463763526062084

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 01, 2020, 08:01:44 PM »
Everyone buckle up for some super long block quotes.
I have my super fast scroll finger ready.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 01, 2020, 08:05:44 PM »
a few solid milestones today.  over 1k/day deaths (only country to report topping 1k so far), 5k total deaths, 200k total cases.

https://twitter.com/Chronolxgical/status/1245505440856883202

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:11 PM »
I wish Dax could see this thread now. Sadly he is such a little bitch he left the game early.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 01, 2020, 08:13:08 PM »
I wish Dax could see this thread now. Sadly he is such a little bitch he left the game early.

Wasn't Dax a bit older?  :ohno: :runaway: :pray:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 01, 2020, 08:14:29 PM »

Wasn't Dax a bit older?  :ohno: :runaway: :pray:
He RT some White Power Hour Clip yesterday.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 01, 2020, 08:20:21 PM »
Yeah. WHO the eff cares?

MAGAs who get boners over lady gaga

I don't know or hang out with any MAGAs, but from what I gather they ain't too fond of satan worshiping pop stars.  :Carl:
Lady GaGa is a Catholic. What are you saying about Catholics?