Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050076 times)

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16525 on: July 16, 2021, 09:38:49 AM »
All time record drug overdose deaths brought to you by:  CoronaBro Nation - Driving mentally debilitating lockdowns as we live at the apex of first world problems

Oh weird, there was an all time high drug overdose death rate in 2017 and 2019 too, obviously before the pandemic.  But let's blame the lockdowns and not the opioid industry for that.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: July 16, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »
I’m part of the “45%’ers”. Gonna make badges for us.

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1416013391852937231

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: July 16, 2021, 12:27:47 PM »
lol...that's kind of funny.

"Do you trust Science?"
"nope."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: July 16, 2021, 12:44:24 PM »
All time record drug overdose deaths brought to you by:  CoronaBro Nation - Driving mentally debilitating lockdowns as we live at the apex of first world problems

Oh weird, there was an all time high drug overdose death rate in 2017 and 2019 too, obviously before the pandemic.  But let's blame the lockdowns and not the opioid industry for that.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Yes, I clearly cleared the opioid industry and the illegal drug trade bringing Fentanyl to the streets of our country.

#legalizeFentanyl

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: July 16, 2021, 01:13:56 PM »

the "%" sign is doing A LOT of work here

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16530 on: July 16, 2021, 01:27:37 PM »

the "%" sign is doing A LOT of work here

It's really the ' that's doing the most 45 percent'ers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16531 on: July 16, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »
Just a month or two away from the two year anniversary of the initial outbreak and we still don't know exactly how it got here.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/who-head-admits-too-soon-to-rule-out-link-between-covid-and-lab-leak/ar-AAMcA0E

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16532 on: July 16, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
I%u2019m part of the %u201C45%%u2019ers%u201D. Gonna make badges for us.

The question is so broad that it's rendered meaningless.  By 'science' do they mean 'the systematic study of the natural world through observation and experiment.'  I doubt that's what many people were thinking of when they answered no.  Most who answered no were probably thinking about a certain topic where they don't have confidence in the current science and answered accordingly.  No one has confidence in the current science regarding every aspect of the natural world, nor should they given the fact that the current science is constantly changing, being proven wrong, etc.  That's, like, the point of science.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16533 on: July 16, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »
I always appreciate when Republicans and conspiracy theories are singled out, particularly given the rise of #blueanon, now so accepted its mainstreamed and SOP for millions upon millions of Libs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16534 on: July 16, 2021, 02:08:25 PM »
Is it unusual for it to take more than two years to definitively determine the origins of a virus? Seems like something that will take quite a while.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16535 on: July 16, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »

The question is so broad that it's rendered meaningless.  By 'science' do they mean 'the systematic study of the natural world through observation and experiment.'  I doubt that's what many people were thinking of when they answered no.  Most who answered no were probably thinking about a certain topic where they don't have confidence in the current science and answered accordingly.  No one has confidence in the current science regarding every aspect of the natural world, nor should they given the fact that the current science is constantly changing, being proven wrong, etc.  That's, like, the point of science.

Also  :lol: knowing that the data keeps piling up that non MAGA age groups and ethnic populations are laggards in vaccination rates and ranking at or near the top of vaccine hesitancy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16536 on: July 16, 2021, 02:16:41 PM »

Also  :lol: knowing that the data keeps piling up that non MAGA age groups and ethnic populations are laggards in vaccination rates and ranking at or near the top of vaccine hesitancy.

Uh, this data doesn't say that though.

It's completely useless to have an actual conversation with you about this though, but the lack of direct vaccine outreach in predominately minority neighborhoods should be factored in those vaccine numbers. There were some places in the south early in the vaccine rollout that doing targeted outreach also became something that conservatives determined needed to be turned into a grievance.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16537 on: July 16, 2021, 02:17:10 PM »
Origin here is relative to when the outbreak occurred in humans and determination of the likely source.

Not the origin of the actual virus itself.

We still do not know how and exactly where humans came into contact and were subsequently infected with SARS-Covid-19.  Relative to when, that is still uncertain as well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16538 on: July 16, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »

Uh, this data doesn't say that though.

It's completely useless to have an actual conversation with you about this though, but the lack of direct vaccine outreach in predominately minority neighborhoods should be factored in those vaccine numbers. There were some places in the south early in the vaccine rollout that doing targeted outreach also became something that conservatives determined needed to be turned into a grievance.

It is completely pointless to have any level of conversation with you because of your amazing inability to read the room and to read what's right there in front of you.

The Tweet took a clear and discernable political slant.   This sort of pseudo information is then used by the ProgFascist collective to try and paint a continuous picture of the got damn Republicans and that got damn Fox News is the only reason vaccine rates have slowed.   When the data repeatedly shows that it is non MAGA communities and non Fox News watchers who are playing a substantial role in lagging vaccination rates and heightened vaccine hesitancy.

Relative to the information widely available in the public domain and across every spectrum of public service media and the widespread availability of Covid Vaccine openly advertised be every available means in every community across the United States, the "community outreach" comment is just ridiculous.    You either want to get the vaccine or you don't.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #16539 on: July 16, 2021, 02:27:39 PM »
I thought it's been pretty well established that China Stole Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponized It.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16540 on: July 16, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »
"Do you trust science"

"*libertarian convention guy* HELL no!"

crowd goes nuts

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16541 on: July 16, 2021, 03:36:19 PM »
"Do you trust science"

"*libertarian convention guy* HELL no!"

crowd goes nuts
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16542 on: July 16, 2021, 03:37:30 PM »
No one has confidence in the current science regarding every aspect of the natural world, nor should they given the fact that the current science is constantly changing, being proven wrong, etc.  That's, like, the point of science.

yeah I'm sure that's how sd's compadres in the Okie State legislature interpreted the question

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16543 on: July 16, 2021, 04:08:07 PM »

It’s extremely poorly worded on the graphic, but it seems like the question was intended to be interpreted as “do you trust the American scientific institution” so I think clearly not along the lines of “is our current understanding of scientific principles the right one”

More like, “do you trust the scientific community in America to work positively toward making new and meaningful discoveries?” Actually now I hope someone actually asks that question to see how the answers compare.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16544 on: July 16, 2021, 04:11:36 PM »
Aren't you guys like uh tired of arguing about this crap yet?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16545 on: July 16, 2021, 04:50:06 PM »
I thought it's been pretty well established that China Stole Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponized It.

That's what I heard.  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: July 16, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »

I don't think people are tired of having conversations, certainly appears neither of us are tired of reading these conversations.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16548 on: July 16, 2021, 05:41:17 PM »
Only the private sector can save us now.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16549 on: July 16, 2021, 07:48:43 PM »

I don't think people are tired of having conversations, certainly appears neither of us are tired of reading these conversations.
Scroll about every time this gets 5 pages longer but it’s usually just two walls talking to each other, ya dig?