Author Topic: The Chair Up There  (Read 27529 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Chair Up There
« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2020, 01:44:30 PM »
he has also apparently promulgated the outright lie that he finished with the highest GPA at IMG and is a published author for total idiots to believe
He also was proffered a Rhodes Scholarship, but turned it down due to his love of ball. This must be embarrassing for you, so I'd understand if you want to just slink away into a cave somewhere.

He should have gone to Oxford, could have avoided the rage freak out that made his school look like a trash institution on a national stage.  Or at least he could have assaulted in the UK instead of Lawrence.  Missed oppy
Shouldn't you be spelunking somewhere?
How do you know I'm not?

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »
Let's not get too serious about this. We all know it was hilarious. The stool will live in infamy, and for the most part both teams walked away without impactful punishment.

Also, Dajuan Gordon, who pronounces his first name hilariously stupidly, is a Busch League beta.
Lol, just wait. May not be perennial like Team Adidas (for now) but he'll lead us to what we've been building on. Get some heads up Ws, conference champ or two, deeper tourney runs every other year or so...per the usual. All the while, football will be business as usual. It sucks, losing that edge in the only sport Adidas is good at....I get it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »
Let's not get too serious about this. We all know it was hilarious. The stool will live in infamy, and for the most part both teams walked away without impactful punishment.

Also, Dajuan Gordon, who pronounces his first name hilariously stupidly, is a Busch League beta.
Lol, just wait. May not be perennial like Team Adidas (for now) but he'll lead us to what we've been building on. Get some heads up Ws, conference champ or two, deeper tourney runs every other year or so...per the usual. All the while, football will be business as usual. It sucks, losing that edge in the only sport Adidas is good at....I get it.

I'm not sure which Phog poster you just c/p'd,  but it ain't me, babe.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2020, 01:49:39 PM »
qatz heupz is a sleeping giant and Dajuan Gordon is the blood of an englishman

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 23, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »
Is there no one else?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »
Just checked the phog and the new talking point is that stealing the ball at the end of the game should be called a foul. As usual they keep the focus on the important aspects of this ordeal.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
did ku steal the ball from baylor at the end of their game earlier this year?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2020, 02:26:54 PM »
wasn't a steal. grabbed a long rebound then ran out a flashy alley-oop as time expired to cut the margin of victory from 14 to 12. Nothing worth throwing a chair over.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2020, 02:54:28 PM »
in a pickup game ron artest was in as a teen, a man (can't remember if he was a player) was stabbed to death with a table leg

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »
does this count as a hot take? or just a odd take?

First, when the clock is running out in a blowout, let the clock run out. Don't try for a steal. It is unnecessary. And, while the officials did a great job overall in dealing with the fight and did not make a mistake in this, I would consider calling a foul on the defender going for the steal. The offensive team was clearly trying to run out the clock. If you call the foul, you avoid a potential bad situation and discourage the same thing in the future. Reasonable minds can differ on this thought, but I think it would be a good way for an official to handle a situation. Remember, we saw the same thing in the Kansas-Monmouth game earlier this season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28544893/how-college-basketball-moves-kansas-kansas-state-brawl

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »
Can you call a foul for hurt feelings? If so, I completely agree with that post.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2020, 03:13:50 PM »
Higgins did an awful job. wtf
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »
Higgins did an awful job. wtf
It seems every time we play KU we get Higgins...ugh

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2020, 03:21:38 PM »

I'm not sure which Phog poster you just c/p'd,  but it ain't me, babe.
My apologies, kind sir

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2020, 03:36:07 PM »
Grabbing the stool was irrational. I mean, he grabbed it by the seat and would have been swinging a few rinky dink legs at someone. At least grab the legs and swing the seat at someone, because more mass.

He is not on academic scholarship.  Don't even pretend that he is smart enough to be an actual student at any college or university.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2020, 03:53:55 PM »
Grabbing the stool was irrational. I mean, he grabbed it by the seat and would have been swinging a few rinky dink legs at someone. At least grab the legs and swing the seat at someone, because more mass.

He was blacked out with rage and is also incredibly stupid.
Silvio was the valedictorian at his high school and also has 3 published social science papers. Why would you assume that he lacks aptitude?

This does not mesh with the talking point that he was just a poor innocent kid who did not know his guardian and his future college basketball coach traded his services for cash. That's incredible blissful ignorance from a really smart kid. Of course KU fans would have no problem painting a smart black kid as an unaware dumbfuck, just to fit their victim narrative. There is no bar too low for hawk coaches, administrators, and fans, it's enough to make Baylor blush.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2020, 04:00:29 PM »
he has also apparently promulgated the outright lie that he finished with the highest GPA at IMG and is a published author for total idiots to believe
He also was proffered a Rhodes Scholarship, but turned it down due to his love of ball. This must be embarrassing for you, so I'd understand if you want to just slink away into a cave somewhere.
Citations please...can't wait to read some soft science, low level journal bullshit and tear its methods and conclusions apart. Bet he wasn't an actual author anyway...probably helped with the singular case study, but that's merely a presumption. Send now, please.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:03:59 PM by brandochav »

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »
rhodes scholarships are post graduate awards. not post secondary. well, like post post secondary.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2020, 04:23:52 PM »
goddammit guys

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2020, 05:05:08 PM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2020, 07:07:22 PM »
goddammit guys

Yeah, he got us, the Rhodes Scholar post should have tipped everyone off. Spracne does a fantastic job of jumping back and forth of the parody/outrage line.  Very similar to the Bryson Stricker twitter account, has a few really good posts laughing at the whole situation then goes on a hawk rage fest.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2020, 07:13:21 PM »
Hey, it's not my fault you cats leave the bench area at the drop of a hat. Frankly, it's not your fault either. You're just following oscar's example.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2020, 07:27:23 PM »
:Keke:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
:Keke:
What's the old saying? The King eats, and the fans take the crap?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2020, 09:19:07 PM »
This thread took a very bizarre turn.