Author Topic: Courtney Messingham is a proven loser  (Read 28713 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Courtney Messingham is a proven loser
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2021, 02:44:06 PM »
He’s not going to do it is he? Just reading that they were not only just guys that happened to be on the same staff at NDSU, but they were even little league teammates  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »
He’s not going to do it is he? Just reading that they were not only just guys that happened to be on the same staff at NDSU, but they were even little league teammates  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They will let him retire with some kind of dignity i think.  He won’t be on the staff next year though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline outofstate

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »
Eagle has an article about assistant contracts expiring in February.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2021, 03:08:43 PM »

That was pretty much the extent of the article. All coaches, except Kli and the strength and conditioning coach, have their contracts run out in February. 

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »

That was pretty much the extent of the article. All coaches, except Kli and the strength and conditioning coach, have their contracts run out in February.
More surprising (although it shouldn’t be), it’s Messingham at 600k+, Connor Riley 400k+, then everyone else essentially in the 300k range.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2021, 03:23:57 PM »
If he's not gone by now do we assume he won't be gone? Or wait until bowl game or what?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2021, 03:32:40 PM »
If he's not gone by now do we assume he won't be gone? Or wait until bowl game or what?

There are too many changes/staffs taking shape that if we don't do it soon, we're going to likely be stuck with someone just as bad.

Offline outofstate

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2021, 03:38:04 PM »
I'm guessing CK is deleting the reminder to renew Mess' contract in February or at least turning off the alert.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2021, 03:43:17 PM »

There are too many changes/staffs taking shape that if we don't do it soon, we're going to likely be stuck with someone just as bad.

I mean, I don't think Mess is as bad as everyone thinks, but we hired Hazelton after signing day.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2021, 03:44:09 PM »
Do we have any hot recruits we'd actually be worried about leaving is Mess was gone?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2021, 03:59:00 PM »

I mean, I don't think Mess is as bad as everyone thinks, but we hired Hazelton after signing day.

I was on the fence but the last two games pushed me towards wanting him gone.  To come up empty in the second half against UT with the field position we had is unforgivable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2021, 04:10:21 PM »

I was on the fence but the last two games pushed me towards wanting him gone.  To come up empty in the second half against UT with the field position we had is unforgivable.

I'll forgive it based on the overall body of work. I'd also be OK with replacing him, but people are acting like Klieman's career would be destroyed if Mess comes back, which I think is just a tad extreme.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »

I'll forgive it based on the overall body of work. I'd also be OK with replacing him, but people are acting like Klieman's career would be destroyed if Mess comes back, which I think is just a tad extreme.

I don't. Messingham is a proven loser. Keeping proven losers on your coaching staff means you're a loser as well.

I want CK to do so well that a school throws stupid money at him to try and poach him. Do you think anyone's going to try and steal a marginally better than .500 coach who keeps his besties on his staff with him wherever he goes?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2021, 04:31:51 PM »
I want CK to do so well that a school throws stupid money at him to try and poach him. Do you think anyone's going to try and steal a marginally better than .500 coach who keeps his besties on his staff with him wherever he goes?

I think it's pretty naive to think not replacing the OC is all that's preventing CK from achieving significantly more than he is now.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 04:54:15 PM by michigancat »

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2021, 04:58:04 PM »
Don't we need to keep Klein around in some capacity so that we are a lock for his expected progeny?

And now I'm wondering just exactly what the progeny of an M1 Abrams cross bred with a Lamborghini Countach 'would' look like...

I'm betting it looks like the dude in the Twisted Metal video game that had wheels for arms.

I’ll accept that

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2021, 06:01:29 PM »
One thing for sure is the offense is not over performing their talent level while the defense is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
One thing for sure is the offense is not over performing their talent level while the defense is.

Is that really for sure?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2021, 06:24:32 PM »

Is that really for sure?

pace adjusted defensive stats had us as the second best defense this year in the big 12

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-points-per-play

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2021, 06:28:25 PM »

Is that really for sure?

pace adjusted defensive stats had us as the second best defense this year in the big 12

Defense was really good! Offense was fifth in the same metric? Not too bad considering who got a ton of snaps at QB

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2021, 06:31:12 PM »

Is that really for sure?

Defense was really good! Offense was fifth in the same metric? Not too bad considering who got a ton of snaps at QB

The Deuce Effect. Imagine if you had a decent to good QB.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2021, 06:32:25 PM »

Is that really for sure?

if sky remains even halfway viable for Texas, we win by two scores and Mess keeps his job.  It's a high stakes job so its hard to feel too bad for Mess but his overall body of work wasn't that bad. 

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2021, 06:37:28 PM »

Is that really for sure?

yea maybe i'm just in a BID mode.

i guess it's logical to not know wtf to do when you got will howard leading the way. but somebody has got to figure out the qb situation god damnit!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2021, 07:01:55 PM »

Is that really for sure?

if sky remains even halfway viable for Texas, we win by two scores and Mess keeps his job.  It's a high stakes job so its hard to feel too bad for Mess but his overall body of work wasn't that bad.

True, but if Howard is the qb of the future then we need an OC that knows how to run an offense around him. Mess has shown zero ability to make a game plan around Howard’s skill set.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2021, 07:04:01 PM »

Is that really for sure?

He's been the KSU OC for 35 games. The outcome of the Texas game with Will Howard at quarterback should not be the deciding factor.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2021, 07:07:20 PM »

Is that really for sure?

True, but if Howard is the qb of the future then we need an OC that knows how to run an offense around him. Mess has shown zero ability to make a game plan around Howard’s skill set.
Well, Howard's a fumble prone running QB who can't pass worth a crap. Not sure there's a great way to scheme around that, even though he had a great long run against Texas.