Author Topic: Who is brave enough to be honest about Israel and the Democrat Party?  (Read 20997 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is brave enough to be honest about Israel and the Democrat Party?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2019, 05:47:41 PM »
The AIPAC wouldn't need keep existing and receiving money if it wasn't influencing politicians.

just like a successful politician can't ignore voters and expect to continue to be popular...  i also think that we are at a point where pro-israel policies are ceasing to be broadly popular among voters of both parties and are instead becoming popular among 'pubs and very divisive among dems.  so aipac actually has a very difficult job to do in trying to, at the very least, delay that trend among democratic politicians.

oh yeah I think Pelosi's response had way more to do with their influence than McCarthy's initial comments.

she didn't say "it's all about the lobbying, baby"  i mean that's kinda the whole reason people went off on her as using antisemitic language.  she simplified a complex dynamic down to "the international jew is buying politicians".

yeah I guess I saw the AIPAC tweet first and followed it back. When I had the full picture it seemed like an odd thing to freak out over, but I'm also not hypersensitive to perceived anti-antisemitism.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »
I don't have a major problem with this. But I think her own apology is FAR superior to dem leadership's.

Forgot my link

https://twitter.com/NaomiAKlein/status/1095089301396819968

On the other hand, why even bother to be reasonable?

https://twitter.com/JuliaManch/status/1095375320801267713

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
I'm here for Trump indignantly scolding this chick and demanding she resigns for Twitter comments. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »
Fantastic.  Hopefully at least removed from all committees. 

Knocked the VA racists and women beaters out of the news, so good circling of the wagons on that LibDerp Nation.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »
is "LibDerp" supposed to sound like "liberal"???

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2019, 06:12:09 PM »
I'd go with libhurl or libburp or libEarl (like a dumb guy name) but to each their own.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »
It's the pc version of libtard, sadly dax has sold out to the man
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2019, 07:17:52 PM »
I mean you said it was stupid to for Omar to think McCarthy was influenced by lobbying money, so you clearly have SOME opinion.

my opinions are: a) that when a policy is popular with voters, it is stupid to look any farther than that popularity to explain why a politician supports it, b) that congressional leadership de facto have national constituencies.

What policy, sys? When you called Omar stupid, there was no policy being discussed. I sure hope you're not going to hold up that moronically nebulous 89% of Americans supporting Israel as the proof that McCarthy's supposed support of Israel is based on his constituents instead of a lobby.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:19 PM »
The AIPAC wouldn't need keep existing and receiving money if it wasn't influencing politicians.

just like a successful politician can't ignore voters and expect to continue to be popular...  i also think that we are at a point where pro-israel policies are ceasing to be broadly popular among voters of both parties and are instead becoming popular among 'pubs and very divisive among dems.  so aipac actually has a very difficult job to do in trying to, at the very least, delay that trend among democratic politicians.

oh yeah I think Pelosi's response had way more to do with their influence than McCarthy's initial comments.

she didn't say "it's all about the lobbying, baby"  i mean that's kinda the whole reason people went off on her as using antisemitic language.  she simplified a complex dynamic down to "the international jew is buying politicians".

yeah I guess I saw the AIPAC tweet first and followed it back. When I had the full picture it seemed like an odd thing to freak out over, but I'm also not hypersensitive to perceived anti-antisemitism.
It didn't strike me as necessarily Antisemitic, either. But maybe I suffer from the same infirmity as you.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2019, 07:33:32 PM »
Do Muslims typically slur Jews in that way? Seems more like a white supremacist thing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »

It didn't strike me as necessarily Antisemitic, either. But maybe I suffer from the same infirmity as you.

No, anti-Semitic is 100% misapplied in this case. If you want to say that she should have been more sensitive to the stereotype that Jews' money runs X, then that's fine, and it's why she ultimately apologized, but she wasn't being racist. AIPAC has some level of influence in Washington, they're not the only lobby that has influence. How is it racist to acknowledge their influence but not racist to point out the influence of other lobbyists and pacs?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2019, 07:50:43 PM »
What policy, sys? When you called Omar stupid, there was no policy being discussed. I sure hope you're not going to hold up that moronically nebulous 89% of Americans supporting Israel as the proof that McCarthy's supposed support of Israel is based on his constituents instead of a lobby.

in my statement that you quoted, any policy.  with re. to omar, i understood her to be discussing pro-israel policies in general.  i've already addressed my thoughts on congressional leaderships' constituency in my response to michigan.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:20 PM »

in my statement that you quoted, any policy.  with re. to omar, i understood her to be discussing pro-israel policies in general.  i've already addressed my thoughts on congressional leaderships' constituency in my response to michigan.

no, she was referring to this Greenwald tweet:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1094727576013193216

referencing this article:

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/kevin-mccarthy-promises-action-against-ilhan-omar-and-rashida-tlaib-1.6917751

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2019, 08:04:29 PM »
Perhaps her tweet was an overt reference to notable wealthy Jew Benjamin "Ben" Stein?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2019, 08:10:32 PM »
no, she was referring to this Greenwald tweet

yeah, i think understanding it be referencing pro-israel policies in general is the correct read.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2019, 08:20:17 PM »

yeah, i think understanding it be referencing pro-israel policies in general is the correct read.

lol

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »
-^Not necessarily a bad question, but points off for being an impostor "Mossad" account

-so many "almost as dumb as AOC" takes above...Omar is significantly dumber (and worse at twitter)

-"fun" fact: one of Jada's lines in All About the Benjamins (last word usually censored) is "You should do what we do // stack chips like a Hebrew" 

edit: remembered it as Kim's line, apparently not

You mean, that’s not the real Mossad?  #stunned

just doesn't seem like an account that a person in great mental health would start

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »

lol

greenwald's tweet states that it is stunning that us politicians 1) defend israel and 2) do so even if it means attacking the 1st ammendment rights of us citizens.  i'd love to see you amass what evidence you can that omar is more notable as a defender of free speech than as a critic of israel.  or that mccarthy is more notable as a critic of free speech than as a defender of israel.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2019, 10:23:33 PM »
It's pretty great that you came up with that analysis after taking a quote of lyrics from a puff daddy song literally in the exact same thread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2019, 10:39:00 PM »
well, for one thing, i have absolutely no idea what may be a song lyric and what might not be.  and second, if she quoted a lyric it is presumably because she found it apt for the thought she wished to express.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2019, 11:46:04 PM »

well, for one thing, i have absolutely no idea what may be a song lyric and what might not be. 

the musical notes were a pretty good clue

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2019, 11:51:11 PM »
Israel looks amazing in that tourism commercial that runs all the time.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2019, 11:58:44 PM »
the musical notes were a pretty good clue

a clue that imparts no meaningful information.  how am i supposed to infer her meaning differently if she is quoting a lyric or if she isn't?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »
That’s kinda funny.