Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 136087 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 27, 2021, 10:21:17 AM »
Opening LinkedIn app: 5-15 seconds
Typing in a name: another 5-15 seconds, maybe longer if you’re issuing your phone

Who honestly has 30 seconds to waste on this crap? Get a hobby you obsessed weirdos, think what you could otherwise be doing

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 27, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »
Opening LinkedIn app: 5-15 seconds
Typing in a name: another 5-15 seconds, maybe longer if you’re issuing your phone

Who honestly has 30 seconds to waste on this crap? Get a hobby you obsessed weirdos, think what you could otherwise be doing

I'd like to say I'm surprised that you came in to defend this behavior but I'm not.  You're the dolt that thinks the Rittenhouse deal was the same as the guy who killed six people by driving in a crowd.  :lol:

Now that I think about it I guess I do waste time coming to this board making fun of some of you so..   :dunno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 28, 2021, 11:14:47 PM »
Oh sorry, I thought the sentence I said right after made it clear that I was being sarcastic. I was going to respond to you in that thread but I didn’t bc I was pretty sure you were the only one not picking up on my meaning. Hope that helps

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 29, 2021, 09:51:31 PM »
Job market.
272 Views | 2 Replies
Champ Bailey9:29p
So you keep seeing signs everywhere saying they need workers, they are having to cut hours because of a lack of workers, etc. But just a few years ago, the complaint was that there were so few jobs that old people were working careers at McDonald's, and it was hard for young HS workers to get these jobs over these people. So have we just had a societal shift where HS kids just refuse to work now? I somewhat get why the 18-24 crowd would rather sit on unemployment and collect a paycheck, but you would think the 15-17 age kids would be jumping at $15 an hour, right? That's more than twice what I made until I was a senior in college. And that was in the last decade.
1 edit

HollywoodBQ9:42p
$15/hr was what I earned at my first Engineering job out of Texas A&M - in 1994, working in Austin.

While $15/hr sounds like crazy talk for burger flippers (actually $18/hr now in my neighborhood at In-N-Out), $15/hr in 1994 dollars would be worth about $28/hr in 2021 dollars so it's not quite the same thing.

Or to put it another way, the $3.50/hr I earned in HS in 1987 would be worth about $8.50/hr today.

But, in 1987, it wasn't socially acceptable to do nothing - i.e. smoke weed and play Playstation
1 edit    ...
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 30, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »
I am Crazy Angry at my Doctor's Office
3,347 Views | 70 Replies
combat wombat™1:23p
I know I am being a total Karen. I don't care. I went to a doctor's appointment today, or I tried. They had a sign that masks are mandatory. Fine. I don't have a mask, but I'll wear one. Places that require you to wear a mask will usually give you one. NOT MY ******* DOCTOR'S OFFICE.

Me: Can I have a mask? I don't have one.

Them: Can you go get yours from your car?

Me: I don't HAVE a mask.

Them: We'll need to reschedule your appointment. (WTF, seriously?)

Me: Can't you just give me a mask?

Them: It's our policy to not provide masks.

Me: What? That's crazy. Are you all vaccinated?

Them: Yes, everyone has been vaccinated.

Me: Why is this an issue?

Them: It's our policy.

Me: I'm done with Dr. X. Just cancel my appointment. Tell Dr. X he just lost a patient.

I called the office manager and spoke with them. No apology, just falling back on policy. Mask costs less than $1. But they're not willing to provide them to people who don't have them? The freaking Apple store, Kroger, HEB, Lowe's, etc. provided masks when they required them. But a doctor's office? Get out of here with that crazy request, lady. Hell, I would have paid them $1 for a mask.

Not one single communication I got from these morons referenced a mask. I'm thinking if you won't provide a mask, and you'll cancel someone's appointment if they don't have a mask, you'd want to be really clear about that. But no.

1 edit

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 30, 2021, 04:06:39 PM »
GeorgiAg1:28p
I know you omitted the name, but does Dr. X fit a "frugal type of person" stereotype? Just curious.

How cheap do you have to be to pinch pennies on a $0.01 mask?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 30, 2021, 04:13:08 PM »
I know you omitted the name, but does Dr. X fit a "frugal type of person" stereotype? Just curious.

yikes

It's been a while since I've been to the doctor but the last time I went they wouldn't even let you use your own mask.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #1332 on: November 30, 2021, 04:24:05 PM »

yikes

It's been a while since I've been to the doctor but the last time I went they wouldn't even let you use your own mask.
Yeah this two parter got me because it is legitimately weird a Dr. doesn’t provide masks, but the follow up post brings it right back to TexAgs land. Holy crap.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 30, 2021, 04:25:16 PM »
"frugal type of person" (including quotes) would be a great word filter change lmao

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 30, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »

:sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: November 30, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »
I support the doctor cutting off someone who voluntarily doesn’t own a mask. Yeah, it’s easy to give them one, but why even serve someone like that?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 30, 2021, 05:23:38 PM »
Give the old crap a mask if you require them.  I know I forget sometimes and when I get to the door if they are required and the store has a box there for me, I give them props for making my day easier.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 30, 2021, 05:31:19 PM »
Later in the thread the OP (an adult with children) said that they had their mother call in and complain

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 30, 2021, 05:42:18 PM »
I support the doctor cutting off someone who voluntarily doesn’t own a mask. Yeah, it’s easy to give them one, but why even serve someone like that?
Because they’re still willing to pay you to make them a little healthier. Should a doctor also refuse to give a colonoscopy to a smoker?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 30, 2021, 06:51:51 PM »

Because they’re still willing to pay you to make them a little healthier. Should a doctor also refuse to give a colonoscopy to a smoker?

I'm sure Dr. X is better off missing that texag's money and not having him as the worst customer.  As was borne out in the thread, there's a lot more mumped up with the dude than his non-ownership of masks.  The mask thing was just a telltale sign.

That would be a principled stance by a doctor to not service smokers.  It's gotta be pretty frustrating to dedicate your career toward others' health only for assholes to just flaunt their disregard for it right outside the building.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 30, 2021, 11:03:30 PM »
Gotta say, I'm firmly on the side of the Karen here.

It's a doctor's office, it isn't a craft boutique. The doctor's office isn't the place for principled stances. It's the job of the doctor to keep their patients safe & healthy, you know the whole Hippocratic Oath thing, yanno? COVID mitigation is all about scuttling principled stances in lieu of public health needs. Give them masks for fucks sake.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 30, 2021, 11:14:42 PM »
"frugal type of person" (including quotes) would be a great word filter change lmao
The best (worst) part about that was it made a point of being openly racist by suggesting they could have worked it out if they knew the person’s name.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 02, 2021, 03:26:54 PM »
Posted in a thread about how you couldn't make blazing saddles today

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 02, 2021, 03:37:29 PM »
The interesting thing about Blazing Saddles is that you really couldn't make it in 1974, either.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 03, 2021, 10:14:29 AM »
Got my booster this morning!!
459 Views | 12 Replies
2girlsdad8:52a
3:40 AM wake up call to get ready for leg day (5x5 squats with 305 lbs followed by an other hour of lifts). Then I'll get mini boosters throughout the day in supplements and meals (non-fat Greek yogurt with added avocado oil/monk fruit/blueberries and later massive grilled chicken salad with tons of avocado). I'll stop eating at noon and wait until after I do my hour of zone 2 training tomorrow morning to eat again.

**** you Biden and Fauci! I'm the problem because I won't get the jab?! I'm almost 40, got covid last year which was very mild, and 20 year olds are shocked to find out I'm 39 after rolling with me in bjj. I track my weight as well as macros and micros on a spreadsheet to have trends to see if/when I need to change anything. I also paid out of pocket to get extensive blood work to check my Apo A, Apo B, Homocystein, and CRP levels to ensure I am doing the right thing and stay as healthy for as long as I can. But that doesn't matter, get the jab like that fat **** because they are doing their part.

We live in a world where I'm the problem and not the lazy ****s on the SAD diet! FJB!

Apologize for the rant, but I'm having enough! One of my direct reports calls in sick this AM due to the booster reaction. But keep ordering the pizza and burgers for lunch. ****!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 03, 2021, 10:30:48 AM »
Got my booster this morning!!
459 Views | 12 Replies
2girlsdad8:52a
3:40 AM wake up call to get ready for leg day (5x5 squats with 305 lbs followed by an other hour of lifts). Then I'll get mini boosters throughout the day in supplements and meals (non-fat Greek yogurt with added avocado oil/monk fruit/blueberries and later massive grilled chicken salad with tons of avocado). I'll stop eating at noon and wait until after I do my hour of zone 2 training tomorrow morning to eat again.

**** you Biden and Fauci! I'm the problem because I won't get the jab?! I'm almost 40, got covid last year which was very mild, and 20 year olds are shocked to find out I'm 39 after rolling with me in bjj. I track my weight as well as macros and micros on a spreadsheet to have trends to see if/when I need to change anything. I also paid out of pocket to get extensive blood work to check my Apo A, Apo B, Homocystein, and CRP levels to ensure I am doing the right thing and stay as healthy for as long as I can. But that doesn't matter, get the jab like that fat **** because they are doing their part.

We live in a world where I'm the problem and not the lazy ****s on the SAD diet! FJB!

Apologize for the rant, but I'm having enough! One of my direct reports calls in sick this AM due to the booster reaction. But keep ordering the pizza and burgers for lunch. ****!

Would be curious to see the responses as I bet a ton of those magas are fat shits who cant find the gym and only have pizzas for burgers and lunch.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 03, 2021, 11:33:43 AM »
How do they reconcile the fact that Trump wants them to get the jab too?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 03, 2021, 11:44:05 AM »
How do they reconcile the fact that Trump wants them to get the jab too?

I would assume they deny that he has said that and he and his family got the shot very early on.

They also won't admit that Fox has mask and vaccine mandates

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 03, 2021, 12:15:33 PM »
Seems at least TexAgs-adjacent:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.