Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 140105 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #1350 on: December 03, 2021, 12:28:43 PM »
grifters come in all forms.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 03, 2021, 11:13:32 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 08, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »
I've seen "BQ" in a number of ags screen names so I went to the Wikipedia glossery of atm terms and this is the exact entry

BQ
Member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band, colloquially Band Queer, etymologically Band Qualified.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 08, 2021, 05:12:13 PM »
I just got disinvited from a house party in January
1,046 Views | 34 Replies
johnnyblaze364:30p
Dear diary:

Two weeks ago I was invited to a party featuring music to be played indoors at a 7,100 sq ft home by a friend of mine that is a world class musician. The host that is a mutual friend of the artist sent me a private text letting me know about the event with an invite list of only 35 people.

I said yes of course I'll come and thanked him. After all, I invited this host to a backyard party we had in June featuring the same musician and it was the first time I met this guy and his wife. They are lovely people in their mid-50's.

Last night I get a screenshot from another buddy who got a more formal invite through FB messenger with all kinds of details about the party. As I kept scrolling it said that they are requiring all guests be vaccinated. Turns out I had the same message in my messenger but had not opened it yet.

So then my plan was just to play dumb and never open it but I got a text from the host today asking if I'd seen the formal invite. So I opened it and explained that I have already had Covid and have natural immunity with no plans to take the vaccine and that if he wanted me to I would take a proof of negative test day of and if that wouldn't fly no big deal and I'd just catch everybody some other time (as idiotic as it all is). I'm also friends with this guy on FB and my posting history is all out there so it's not like I could fake it or do a sudden 180 on the whole topic.

Much to my amazement, he just replied very nicely that I could no longer be admitted. He said he's lost two friends to Covid and that there will be some older people there in their 50s and 60s so they made the decision to have everyone vaxxed since "it's indoors in January and they'll be unlikely to open up any windows" but that he looks forward to hanging again at an outdoor event.

Mind you, this is from a well educated and highly successful individual. I told him no big deal because he's more of an acquaintance and I wasn't going to argue with him even though a proof of negative test is a lot better insurance than people that were getting the vaccine as soon as they could in Texas back in March or whenever. Does he not know that vaxxed are still catching and spreading Covid?

The entire thing is utterly nonsensical and I'm now considering sending him an anonymous copy of "The Real Anthony Fauci" if I can only find one for sale.

And the real kicker was that the host informed me in his reply that I was the very first one on the guest list. Sadly I'm now the first one out. This is the first time I've experienced this. Hell, I just went to three Billy Strings shows that were sold out elbows to *******s in HOU>AUS>DAL with nobody wearing masks, no proof of vax or negative test, and nobody giving a damn.

TL;DR The media + the Biden administration + Fauci have really done a number on so many normally smart people. Sad how uninformed a ton of them still are after nearly two years of this bull*****

The replies are wild https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3256760

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 08, 2021, 05:19:35 PM »
LOL why do they do that "Dear Diary" thing again?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 08, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »
the replies are probably bad but he seems kind of reasonable offering to get a test day of.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 08, 2021, 06:33:03 PM »
Yeah I think all things being equal a non-vaxxed plus negative PCR test is about as good as vaxxed for a one-off event. Seems just as likely is was used as a pretense to uninvite the guy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 08, 2021, 06:34:04 PM »
Branch Covidians is pretty great

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 08, 2021, 10:35:24 PM »
I just got disinvited from a house party in January
1,046 Views | 34 Replies
johnnyblaze364:30p
Dear diary:

Two weeks ago I was invited to a party featuring music to be played indoors at a 7,100 sq ft home by a friend of mine that is a world class musician. The host that is a mutual friend of the artist sent me a private text letting me know about the event with an invite list of only 35 people.

I said yes of course I'll come and thanked him. After all, I invited this host to a backyard party we had in June featuring the same musician and it was the first time I met this guy and his wife. They are lovely people in their mid-50's.

Last night I get a screenshot from another buddy who got a more formal invite through FB messenger with all kinds of details about the party. As I kept scrolling it said that they are requiring all guests be vaccinated. Turns out I had the same message in my messenger but had not opened it yet.

So then my plan was just to play dumb and never open it but I got a text from the host today asking if I'd seen the formal invite. So I opened it and explained that I have already had Covid and have natural immunity with no plans to take the vaccine and that if he wanted me to I would take a proof of negative test day of and if that wouldn't fly no big deal and I'd just catch everybody some other time (as idiotic as it all is). I'm also friends with this guy on FB and my posting history is all out there so it's not like I could fake it or do a sudden 180 on the whole topic.

Much to my amazement, he just replied very nicely that I could no longer be admitted. He said he's lost two friends to Covid and that there will be some older people there in their 50s and 60s so they made the decision to have everyone vaxxed since "it's indoors in January and they'll be unlikely to open up any windows" but that he looks forward to hanging again at an outdoor event.

Mind you, this is from a well educated and highly successful individual. I told him no big deal because he's more of an acquaintance and I wasn't going to argue with him even though a proof of negative test is a lot better insurance than people that were getting the vaccine as soon as they could in Texas back in March or whenever. Does he not know that vaxxed are still catching and spreading Covid?

The entire thing is utterly nonsensical and I'm now considering sending him an anonymous copy of "The Real Anthony Fauci" if I can only find one for sale.

And the real kicker was that the host informed me in his reply that I was the very first one on the guest list. Sadly I'm now the first one out. This is the first time I've experienced this. Hell, I just went to three Billy Strings shows that were sold out elbows to *******s in HOU>AUS>DAL with nobody wearing masks, no proof of vax or negative test, and nobody giving a damn.

TL;DR The media + the Biden administration + Fauci have really done a number on so many normally smart people. Sad how uninformed a ton of them still are after nearly two years of this bull*****

The replies are wild https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3256760

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 09, 2021, 12:34:37 AM »
There’s plenty reason to disinvite voluntarily unchip’d from life aside from catching covid from them.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 09, 2021, 07:42:26 AM »
From the replies:

Bro, you are waaaaay better off not going to an event with a group of crazy ass leftists like that.

Nothing good can come of hanging out with the enemies of freedom. No matter how cool they are.

I would even go so far as the flex your muscle as invite #1. Tell them freedom is important, natural immunity is important, and whomever is managing the guest list is probably better off not having social gatherings until their therapist recommends them to decrease his insanity levels.

It's time to start pushing back
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 09, 2021, 08:05:24 AM »
Also I'm sure this guy is very talented and nice but framing him as a world class musician seems just a bit of a stretch:

(He dropped who it was in the thread)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 09, 2021, 08:38:40 AM »
From the replies:

Bro, you are waaaaay better off not going to an event with a group of crazy ass leftists like that.

Nothing good can come of hanging out with the enemies of freedom. No matter how cool they are.

I would even go so far as the flex your muscle as invite #1. Tell them freedom is important, natural immunity is important, and whomever is managing the guest list is probably better off not having social gatherings until their therapist recommends them to decrease his insanity levels.

It's time to start pushing back

You got uninvited from a party?  Have you tried being a dick to the host?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 09, 2021, 08:44:13 AM »
Outrage of the day: Orwell estate approves a version of 1984 told from Julia's perspective
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3256861

EX TEXASEX5:05a, 12/9/21
FFS IS THERE ANYTHING THE LEFT WON'T CORRUPT ??.
I am going to answer my own question with a " HELL NO " !! The only piece of good news is that her telling will be GARBAGE. The another bit of bad news. It will be proclaimed as equal or better than the original and will be the version that doesn't get removed by librarians at your kids school. The original is off the shelves the second this abortion is published!! Everybody and I mean everybody at the George Orwell Estate needs to be fired TODAY !!! Are you concerned moderates getting any idea how dangerous the left is ?? They are litterally Ministry of Truthing The Ministry of Truth !!!!
#FJB
3    ...
EX TEXASEX5:10a, 12/9/21
We also need a version from one of rats that wants to eat Winston Smith's face at the of the book. In fact I would rather read that then some *****y feminist propaganda !!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 09, 2021, 09:16:46 PM »
Outrage of the day: Orwell estate approves a version of 1984 told from Julia's perspective

I am going to answer my own question with a " HELL NO " !! The only piece of good news is that her telling will be GARBAGE. The another bit of bad news. It will be proclaimed as equal or better than the original and will be the version that doesn't get removed by librarians at your kids school. The original is off the shelves the second this abortion is published!! Everybody and I mean everybody at the George Orwell Estate needs to be fired TODAY !!! Are you concerned moderates getting any idea how dangerous the left is ?? They are litterally Ministry of Truthing The Ministry of Truth !!!!
#FJB
3    ...
We also need a version from one of rats that wants to eat Winston Smith's face at the of the book. In fact I would rather read that then some *****y feminist propaganda !!

Damn, that dude really hates women. I bet he's married, with kids too.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: December 10, 2021, 09:39:15 AM »
Titleist CANCELED

Titleist Goes Woke: Prohibits "Let's Go Brandon" Custom Balls
3,440 Views | 57 Replies

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 10, 2021, 09:41:36 AM »
Titleist CANCELED

Titleist Goes Woke: Prohibits "Let's Go Brandon" Custom Balls
3,440 Views | 57 Replies

lol what does "woke" even mean any more

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 10, 2021, 09:42:45 AM »
They are cowards on the course too.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 10, 2021, 11:48:45 AM »
i've heard the term "sweating like a whore in church" but might need to amend it to "sweating like a maga teeing up their LGB titleist for a tee shot over a water hazard" although maybe a more succinct version

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 10, 2021, 12:00:40 PM »

#FJB
3    ...

can you imagine the houston accent this guy must have irl

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 10, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »

#FJB
3    ...

Brian Kelly is taking notes.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 10, 2021, 01:07:27 PM »

#FJB
3    ...

Time to clean house at the GOE

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 14, 2021, 10:07:29 PM »
Paper inside of main fuse box?
1,225 Views | 17 Replies
aggiehawg7:23p
Main fuse box is in utility room. Went to change out laundry, saw paper stuffed inside the various lines and asked why. Cover off, obviously. Don't know why.

It's the diagram of which circuit goes where. Was I being stupid in asking about that?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 21, 2021, 08:46:21 AM »
Jellycheese exposes the fatal flaw in aggie4life02's plan

Vax Card Burning Protest
689 Views | 13 Replies
Aggie4Life027:49a
If there were vax card burning protests organized in front of local OSHA offices, would you attend?
jellycheese7:49a
I don't have a vax card to burn.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 21, 2021, 09:06:17 AM »
Jellycheese exposes the fatal flaw in aggie4life02's plan

Vax Card Burning Protest
689 Views | 13 Replies
Aggie4Life027:49a
If there were vax card burning protests organized in front of local OSHA offices, would you attend?
jellycheese7:49a
I don't have a vax card to burn.
Adorable