Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 461437 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #2475 on: July 05, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: July 05, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »
It's amazing to me that intelligent people like DQ still give the trump campaign/admin any benefit of doubt when it comes to to appealing to white power groups.
It really isn't, people agree with a lot of Trump's views but his appeals to racists make them feel guilty by association. So I think it's natural to want to deny their existence.
I'm not trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  You guys saw it as nazi imagery, I didn't.  Maybe he (or his team) intended it to be a dogwhistle, maybe not -- it didn't strike me as odd, but reasonable minds can differ and all of that.  My view was that on the list of his transgressions, there are so many concrete, inarguable reasons, that spilling ink over this shirt that vaguely resembles a relatively obscure nazi symbol (along with plenty of other non-nazi symbols) seemed like a stretch. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 05, 2020, 03:06:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1279860278679801856

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"You're doing this to me because I'm Jewish!"

"M'am, I had no idea [you were Jewish]"

"You're doing this to me because I'm Jewish! This is Nazi bullshit!"

:lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 05, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »
It's amazing to me that intelligent people like DQ still give the trump campaign/admin any benefit of doubt when it comes to to appealing to white power groups.
It really isn't, people agree with a lot of Trump's views but his appeals to racists make them feel guilty by association. So I think it's natural to want to deny their existence.
I'm not trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  You guys saw it as nazi imagery, I didn't.  Maybe he (or his team) intended it to be a dogwhistle, maybe not -- it didn't strike me as odd, but reasonable minds can differ and all of that. 

I think this by definition is giving him (or his campaign) the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I legitimately think Trump is too dumb or willfully ignorant to recognize possible Nazi symbolism here, but not whoever had this designed or designed it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 05, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
Also, I think dq's resistance to calling it Nazi symbolism is more interesting than the symbolism itself. I probably wouldn't have commented if DQ hadn't tried to deny its existence.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: July 05, 2020, 04:27:23 PM »
I initially thought it was just like any eagle symbol, but the eagle looking right and the fact that it's holding a circle in oppose to arrows or branches/vine is pretty damning.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 05, 2020, 04:37:07 PM »
I'm not trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  You guys saw it as nazi imagery, I didn't.  Maybe he (or his team) intended it to be a dogwhistle, maybe not -- it didn't strike me as odd, but reasonable minds can differ and all of that. 

I think this by definition is giving him (or his campaign) the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I legitimately think Trump is too dumb or willfully ignorant to recognize possible Nazi symbolism here, but not whoever had this designed or designed it.
Also, I think dq's resistance to calling it Nazi symbolism is more interesting than the symbolism itself. I probably wouldn't have commented if DQ hadn't tried to deny its existence.
In the post you quoted, I literally said “maybe it is, maybe it isn’t.” 

Again, it didn’t strike me as odd, and but for the tweets comparing it to some nazi symbol (is that the SS logo?), I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.  There were people in the thread calling the shirt “nazi propaganda” - which seemed like an exaggeration to me, given the ubiquitous “eagles holding things” symbols we see throughout 18th-20th century politics, including the seal of the United States.  Can I say for certain the intentions of the person who designed this stupid shirt?  No.  Is there something insidious about this stupid shirt? I don’t know.  Is it “nazi propaganda”?  I don’t know.

To the extent “I don’t know” is perceived as some sort of defense (or benefit of the doubt) given to the shirt or the Trump administration, I’ll concede that it’s definitely 100%, inarguably nazi imagery. 

Damn the Pit is exhausting sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:47:44 PM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: July 05, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »
Yeah, eff you Dlew!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: July 05, 2020, 04:43:13 PM »
I'm not trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  You guys saw it as nazi imagery, I didn't.  Maybe he (or his team) intended it to be a dogwhistle, maybe not -- it didn't strike me as odd, but reasonable minds can differ and all of that.  My view was that on the list of his transgressions, there are so many concrete, inarguable reasons, that spilling ink over this shirt that vaguely resembles a relatively obscure nazi symbol (along with plenty of other non-nazi symbols) seemed like a stretch.
If you bought a shirt with the same image + some generic message (non trump campaign) and then saw the same side by side, would you wear it in public still?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: July 05, 2020, 04:57:32 PM »
If you bought a shirt with the same image + some generic message (non trump campaign) and then saw the same side by side, would you wear it in public still?
I have no idea.  Probably not I guess?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 05, 2020, 05:28:31 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 05, 2020, 05:40:31 PM »
I read that as DEFECATED and thought it should be in the sf things thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: July 05, 2020, 05:41:55 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 05, 2020, 05:50:39 PM »
So don’t you think it says something that they’re still selling it even after tons of people are drawing this parallel?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 05, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »
So don’t you think it says something that they’re still selling it even after tons of people are drawing this parallel?
If you’re suggesting the president isn’t afraid of being compared to the third reich by the left, I agree. I also agree with you that he ought to be more afraid of that.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: July 05, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »
Nazis buy sneakers, too.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 05, 2020, 07:34:45 PM »
I read that as DEFECATED and thought it should be in the sf things thread

I did as well. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 06, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »
Texags thinks they should be treated as a terrorist group and droned (seriously)

BidenBot .7, what is the consensus amoug BidenBot Nation at that public display of the exercise of the 2nd Amendment as the people in those pictures are interpreting the 2nd Amendment?

Lots of outrage and calls for immediate arrest as is usually the case?

You mean racists now wanting gun control all of the sudden? Lots happens when ol Ronnie and whitey get scared of big black c-panthers
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
MAGA
« Reply #2494 on: July 06, 2020, 08:08:27 AM »
Texags thinks they should be treated as a terrorist group and droned (seriously)

BidenBot .7, what is the consensus amoug BidenBot Nation at that public display of the exercise of the 2nd Amendment as the people in those pictures are interpreting the 2nd Amendment?

Lots of outrage and calls for immediate arrest as is usually the case?

You mean racists now wanting gun control all of the sudden? Lots happens when ol Ronnie and whitey get scared of big black c-panthers
Lol, missed it by miles as always.  Unless you’re talking about BidenBot Racists. 

Joe is a huge racist.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 06, 2020, 02:00:36 PM »
Trump's America
https://twitter.com/indystar/status/1280181123465859072

Link with videos:
https://bloomingtonian.com/2020/07/05/bloomington-man-threatened-with-noose-during-assault-at-lake-monroe/?fbclid=IwAR1xzmxd_5uDQthDgxZSh6xt6j64At2nuRYN0Du1zcaUcnpxOOLhg718tDI

Also the internet is great:
** Ian James Cherco (white hat) **
** Jerry Cox (fat shirtless tattoos) **
** Sean Purdy (red shirt) **
They all three work at Matthew Masonry and Restoration LLC.
The business phone number is 317-892-0311. Most of them have taken down their FB pages but it’s much too late for them.

Ian James Cherco:
10659 John Carter Ct
Lizton, IN 46149

Jerry E Cox, Jr:
2580 E County Road 100 N
Danville, IN 46122

Sean Purdy:
2580 E County Road 100 N
Danville, IN 46122

And if you look up Matthew Masonry and Restoration, LLC you will find a bunch of new 1-star reviews for the business. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 06, 2020, 02:09:46 PM »
You should delete their addresses, leave doxing to reddit and 4chan
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 06, 2020, 02:11:16 PM »
Yeah. Leave it to the legal system. Vigilantism should not be encouraged.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 06, 2020, 02:29:26 PM »
Nah, leave them up, identifying people threatening to lynch someone is a public service. Don't let white privilege and fragility convince you that doxxing violent racists is the same thing as dodging Permit Patty, these guys are a threat to the public. Too many people are willing to just let scum like this live a comfortable life because they don't have to worry about encounters like this.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 06, 2020, 02:30:43 PM »