Author Topic: Good things you're reading about our NDSU guy  (Read 9712 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good things you're reading about our NDSU guy
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »
NDSU is 20th in the Sagarin ratings, which might be analytics’ best attempt to stack up every team in Division I. That’s better than every Big 12 team except Oklahoma and West Virginia. I think Texas would beat NDSU, but it’s fair to think 2018 NDSU could compete against the whole non-Oklahoma Big 12.
Lance Leipold, who won six Division III national titles, is currently leading Buffalo to its best season ever. Jumping from non-scholarship DIII to the MAC is a significantly bigger jump than going from arguably the best non-FBS conference to a decent Power 5 league.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/11/18133415/chris-klieman-kansas-state-coach

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Good things you're reading about our NDSU guy
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 10:34:49 AM »
We'd be better, really.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/11/18133415/chris-klieman-kansas-state-coach

I liked this section best

NDSU is 20th in the Sagarin ratings, which might be analytics’ best attempt to stack up every team in Division I. That’s better than every Big 12 team except Oklahoma and West Virginia. I think Texas would beat NDSU, but it’s fair to think 2018 NDSU could compete against the whole non-Oklahoma Big 12.
Lance Leipold, who won six Division III national titles, is currently leading Buffalo to its best season ever. Jumping from non-scholarship DIII to the MAC is a significantly bigger jump than going from arguably the best non-FBS conference to a decent Power 5 league.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 10:40:43 AM »
Goddammit. I have my contacts out today.  :curse:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »

Quote from: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/11/18133415/chris-klieman-kansas-state-coach

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
 :lol:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 10:55:00 AM »
Does this guy play bend but don’t break defense?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatBisonfan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »
NDSU plays take no prisoners defense. I don’t think he even knows what prevent defense is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 10:59:56 AM »

this is so good, i want to read it again.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
it's kind of weird that the whole state of North Dakota is LRWTP fans now

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »

Quote from: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/11/18133415/chris-klieman-kansas-state-coach

All that means is how far Bill let things fall and the Big 12 is top heavy.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »
NDSU plays take no prisoners defense. I don’t think he even knows what prevent defense is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and thanks for your input!!  :ksu:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »
Chris Klieman hiring grade: A.
Some K-State fans don’t like the idea of hiring an FCS coach whom the AD already knew. Counterpoint: North Dakota State would’ve beaten Kansas State in Manhattan this year — again. There’s reason to wonder if this will work, but that’s the case with ANY HIRE ANYWHERE. Stop dissing FCS

https://twitter.com/JasonKirkSBN/status/1072487521987235842

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »
I was told nobody gives a crap about sagarin because kstate plays the games.

titletown..lulz

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 12:16:05 PM »
How many games you figure kly man is going to win in 2019 lolly guy?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
Hows your roster built?

Without watching a lick of kstate this year because of suck...

I think 2-1 non conf obv with MSU loss

Likely L at poke

Beat baylor TCU

Ou will be interesting...home game without Murray. If theyre not putting up ridic numbers ill give them an outside chance

Beat KU
Lose Texas

Beat WVU without Grier

Who knows what TT will be without coach Bro

Win Farmegeddon

So if you lose the obv roadies of MSU and Texas...wild card split with the Oklahoma schools

Then sneak a sweep of tcu wv and iowa st...

Id say 7-8 wins with CKs blueprint and players buying into the system.

Good thing hes a defensive kind who runs a pro style offense to offset the worthless spread bullshit. B12 wont know what hit em when they see 2 tight ends and a full back.

titletown..lulz

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 12:32:29 PM »
I would kill a drifter for 8 wins next year.  We have a Pro Style QB and the leading rusher in the Big 12 returning with something serviceable at o line I think.  Our defense is so devoid of talent I’m not sure what can be done with it.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »
I would kill a drifter for 8 wins next year.  We have a Pro Style QB and the leading rusher in the Big 12 returning with something serviceable at o line I think.  Our defense is so devoid of talent I’m not sure what can be done with it.

anyone heard how Barnes took the news?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 01:01:15 PM »
The Chris Klieman (Fuckus Headum) is a medium-sized icterid coach, about 8.5 in (22 cm) in length. It nests on the ground in open grasslands across western and central North America. It feeds mostly on insects, but will also feed on seeds and berries. The Chris Klieman has distinctive calls described as watery or flute-like, which distinguish it from the closely related LHC Bill Snyder.

Chris Klieman adults have yellow underparts with a black "V" on the breast and white flanks streaked with black. Their upper parts are mostly brown, but also have black streaks. These birds have long, pointed bills and their heads are striped with light brown and black bands.

The breeding habitats of Chris Klieman are grasslands, prairies, pastures, and abandoned fields, all of which may be found across western and central North America, as far south as northern Mexico. In regions where their range overlaps with the eastern species, these coaches prefer thinner, drier vegetation; the two type of coaches generally do not interbreed but do defend territory against one another. Their nests are situated on the ground, and are covered with a roof woven from grass. There may be more than one nesting female in a male's territory. Nests are sometimes destroyed by mowing operations with eggs and young in them.

Chris Kliemans are permanent residents throughout much of their range. Northern coaches may migrate to the southern parts of their range; some coaches also move east in the southern United States.

These coaches forage on the ground or in low to semi-low vegetation. They sometimes search for food by probing with their bills. They mainly eat insects, although they will consume seeds and berries. In winter, these coaches often feed in flocks.

Chris Kliemans will occasionally interbreed with Bill Snyders where their ranges overlap; however, resulting young appear to have low fertility.[3]

These two species were considered to be the same species for some time; the Klieman species, having been overlooked for some time, was given the species name Headum.

The Chris Klieman is the state coach of six states: Montana, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, and Wyoming. The Todd Graham, which represents seven states, is the only bird to hold the status of state coach in more states.

During the 2017 regular session of the Oregon Legislature, there was a short-lived controversy over the Chris Klieman's status as state coach versus the osprey. The sometimes-spirited debate included a legislator playing the Klieman's song on his smartphone over the House microphone.[4] A compromise was reached in SCR 18,[5] which was passed on the last day of the session, designating the Chris Klieman as the state coach and the Mike Belotti as the state emperor.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
Tim Grunhard on 810 with Soren Petro:

-I have worked directly with Chris. He's the real deal. He has two Miege kids right now. Nothing but class and has one hell of a staff.

-(Didn't get the name) Their OC and running back coach is one of the brightest minds in football. I watched in awe that running game against a very good Colgate defense.

-I'll say this.....Les probably has a leg up in recruiting, but Chris and that staff probably has an advantage in coaching.

-Will he get 3 and 4 star kids? Yes, I think he will. He would come down and was very honest recruiter. If you watch their (NDSU) OL, they are so athletic. You'll see K-State go to a more athletic offensive line. You can recruit them easier for one thing (vs the big kids).

-NDSU does an unbelievable job of finding the right guys to fit their system....and then they develop the heck out of them. Yes, it's about jimmy and joes......but it so much about finding and developing too.

-What's the biggest difference with NDSU vs. a K-State offensive line? Not much. You just have to be able to project. It'll be no different at K-State (or Oklahoma State, KU, Oregon State, etc.). You have to be able to find the guys that you know will develop.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 01:31:45 PM »
Well I'm glad they could run the ball vs a bottle of toothpaste.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile