Author Topic: Good things you're reading about our NDSU guy  (Read 9860 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Good things you're reading about our NDSU guy
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »
poor Rick
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good things you're reading about our NDSU guy
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »
My guy Ian Boyd....

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/12/11/18135990/can-chris-klieman-duplicate-bison-dominance-at-kansas-state-north-dakota-state

"It’s hard to imagine a coach coming to Kansas State and executing the “recruit Texas and run the HUNH” strategy better than the programs already attempting that such as Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor, etc."

yeah it's definitely hard to imagine us doing something better than Oklahoma state, tcu or Baylor. jesus Christ get this guy out of my face.  :flush:

The question is whether KSU is better off playing the same game and competing for the same recruits at schools that are far more entrenched in the area. I think the article makes a compelling case that you don’t have to do that in order to be successful in the Big 12 and that there is a path of less resistance available that CK is well positioned to exploit.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:58 PM »
My guy Ian Boyd....

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/12/11/18135990/can-chris-klieman-duplicate-bison-dominance-at-kansas-state-north-dakota-state

"It’s hard to imagine a coach coming to Kansas State and executing the “recruit Texas and run the HUNH” strategy better than the programs already attempting that such as Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor, etc."

yeah it's definitely hard to imagine us doing something better than Oklahoma state, tcu or Baylor. jesus Christ get this guy out of my face.  :flush:

The question is whether KSU is better off playing the same game and competing for the same recruits at schools that are far more entrenched in the area. I think the article makes a compelling case that you don’t have to do that in order to be successful in the Big 12 and that there is a path of less resistance available that CK is well positioned to exploit.

Another question: was there any middle ground between a FBS coach that would try the exact same strategy as other teams in the conference and eff head?

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »
I'm no historian but i thought Osborne was successful not by doing what others did better but by doing what others didn't do better.
He made his legend by having better OLs and DLs than anyone else.
he filled in skill positions with handful of out of state elite athletes
as his dominance in the trenches increased he was able to attract better and better skill position players over time
He didn't need 6 4-star WRs he only needed 2
Boyd also pointed out that schools can not recruit TX high schools without a man on the inside. nobody will do that better than texas and Ok
the key to all this is having superior OLs and DLs than the competition.
Thats what NEB did and its what NDSU has done at their level.
I don't know how one would expect ksu to have better lines than other b12 schools

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »
Army's Monken would be a guy who was extremely successful at FCS, went G5, and runs an alternative system to B12 powerhouses.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 04:55:28 PM »
My guy Ian Boyd....

Another question: was there any middle ground between a FBS coach that would try the exact same strategy as other teams in the conference and eff head?

It depends what you mean by middle ground. As many have pointed out, objective measures indicate CK has put together a team that could be in the top 25 of FBS teams on a fraction of the budget. I certainly am not aware of any top 25 FBS head coach that we had a decent shot at.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 05:06:11 PM »
I guess we are very lucky that no other school was able to figure out this magical formula before OBz could be terminated.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
“This guy must suck because no other school took him before us.”

-Every Nancy Neg fan at every school ever

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »
I will not be quieted.

You heard him Dirty.   Take a lap.
mind your business, band boy.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »
I'm no historian but i thought Osborne was successful not by doing what others did better but by doing what others didn't do better.
He made his legend by having better OLs and DLs than anyone else.
he filled in skill positions with handful of out of state elite athletes
as his dominance in the trenches increased he was able to attract better and better skill position players over time
He didn't need 6 4-star WRs he only needed 2
Boyd also pointed out that schools can not recruit TX high schools without a man on the inside. nobody will do that better than texas and Ok
the key to all this is having superior OLs and DLs than the competition.
Thats what NEB did and its what NDSU has done at their level.
I don't know how one would expect ksu to have better lines than other b12 schools
You are clearly a historian because you are talking about someone who coached before any of us were born. I had to Google "Osborne NEB" and I got a bunch of clips of a team running the Navy offense.
:adios:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
Osborne was Art Briles, but before the internet.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2018, 09:47:57 PM »
He landed in MHK
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f