Author Topic: Bill Tribute Thread For Sentimental Qatz To Share Fun Memzys (No gE'ing Allowed)  (Read 32062 times)

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I have seen those at squawk u
https://m.kusports.com/news/2006/nov/29/some_ku_weary_goalpost_overkill/?templates=mobile

Sure enough.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I and at least one other gE poster were at that game.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Me?

If there were only one pair of footprints on the sands of Potter Lake, it was because I was carrying you.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Who knew they were the same height?[tweet]1553877209122734081[/tweet]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Who knew they were the same height?[tweet]1553877209122734081[/tweet]
Jesus bill, maybe hit the pool or links at MCC now that you're retired. It looks like he still spends 18 hrs a day indoors watching film

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who's gonna be a G and post a playlist of Snyder era pregame songs. I know Skinny Benny has it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
atta kid, thanks cire

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Worth watching for the neck roll and Led Zeppelin. I like Ben Leber, but I still think Jonathan Beasley should be rated ahead of him and all the others currently ranked ahead of him
[tweet]1554104672276840451[/tweet]?s=20&t=U9-u8W_dw2F2i-d9JZgq9A

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Worth watching for the neck roll and Led Zeppelin. I like Ben Leber, but I still think Jonathan Beasley should be rated ahead of him and all the others currently ranked ahead of him
Don't look at the scoreboard of that last Leber highlight

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The thing I remember most about Ryan Young was how crappy he played in the aloha bowl that year. Rumor at the time was that the O Line was pissed off at Chad May because he had gotten so full of himself and bragging about how great he was that they just let him get sacked or at least put minimal effort in protecting him. I have no idea if it was true, just a message board rumor at the time. I do believe that Boston College had a phenomenal NFL talent at defensive end that year.
[tweet]1554467055511908352[/tweet]?s=20&t=uy8dHJ4MpewtX_z5ule8FQ

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The thing I remember most about Ryan Young was how crappy he played in the aloha bowl that year. Rumor at the time was that the O Line was pissed off at Chad May because he had gotten so full of himself and bragging about how great he was that they just let him get sacked or at least put minimal effort in protecting him. I have no idea if it was true, just a message board rumor at the time. I do believe that Boston College had a phenomenal NFL talent at defensive end that year.
The DE was Mike Mamula and as I remember it we had some injuries and had to put Jim Heimeluski(?) up against him which was a huge mismatch.  He got destroyed all game and we looked like crap.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There's absolutely zero chance at all that's true

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I heard a lot of people hated Chad May, but I don't think an O-Line would purposefully clown themselves

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
He represented his name well. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Boston College sacked Kansas State quarterback Chad May eight times, including a four-hit effort by end Mike Mamula, who was named the game's most valuable player. Kansas State rushed for just 30 yards, and threw for 94 more, for a total of 124 yards. Kansas State's only score came with eight seconds left in the first quarter when Joe Gordon crashed the middle of Boston College's line and blocked a punt by Jeff Beckley. Chris Sublette recovered the ball on the first hop in the end zone and the game was tied, 7–7.
However, Boston College answered with its own end zone patrol later in the half when Mamula applied the biggest of his hits on May for a safety with 2:37 left. Still, a defense that featured punter Eric Hardy, Gordon, and a pair of 10-tackle performances from Chuck Marlowe and Mario Smith kept the Wildcats within striking distance until the end. Boston College tacked on a 35-yard field goal by David Gordon with 1:18 remaining in the game to seal the win for the Eagles.
The DE was Mike Mamula and as I remember it we had some injuries and had to put Jim Heimeluski(?) up against him which was a huge mismatch.  He got destroyed all game and we looked like crap.
Thanks, that was the name. BC sacked May 8 times, including a 4-hit effort by DE Mike Mamula, the game's MVP. Young HugeCat was devastated by that game. I just don’t think anybody could believe that our oline could play that bad.
https://www.wikizero.com/m/1994_Aloha_Bowl

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The totally believable rumor that I remember coming out after that game was the players were all hungover, like some of them even passed out on the beach.  Seems legit!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Boston College sacked Kansas State quarterback Chad May eight times, including a four-hit effort by end Mike Mamula, who was named the game's most valuable player. Kansas State rushed for just 30 yards, and threw for 94 more, for a total of 124 yards. Kansas State's only score came with eight seconds left in the first quarter when Joe Gordon crashed the middle of Boston College's line and blocked a punt by Jeff Beckley. Chris Sublette recovered the ball on the first hop in the end zone and the game was tied, 7–7.
However, Boston College answered with its own end zone patrol later in the half when Mamula applied the biggest of his hits on May for a safety with 2:37 left. Still, a defense that featured punter Eric Hardy, Gordon, and a pair of 10-tackle performances from Chuck Marlowe and Mario Smith kept the Wildcats within striking distance until the end. Boston College tacked on a 35-yard field goal by David Gordon with 1:18 remaining in the game to seal the win for the Eagles.
Thanks, that was the name. BC sacked May 8 times, including a 4-hit effort by DE Mike Mamula, the game's MVP. Young HugeCat was devastated by that game. I just don’t think anybody could believe that our oline could play that bad.

Half-time show was Shari Lewis and Lambchop according to that link

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Half-time show was Shari Lewis and Lambchop according to that link
lol.  Lawrence Welk must not have been available

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The totally believable rumor that I remember coming out after that game was the players were all hungover, like some of them even passed out on the beach.  Seems legit!
I remember that rumor as well

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Worth pointing out that Leber is/was one of the most genuinely nice K-State student athletes of all time. Just an incredibly nice dude, which was contrasted immensely by his freshman year roommate (Monty Beisel).

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
As glad as I was to see Bill go, I’ll never forget two things:

1) he showed up to a funeral for a young local kid. Tragic circumstances and yet he took the time to give condolences to the mom and dad. I’m still sentimental about it. He was aware of the illness during previous months, had players sign a ball for the child prior to the child’s demise, but he must have seen the obit or something. Guy was a genuine good human.

2) the beautiful October fall afternoon when that ball from Straw fell into the waiting arms of Andre Coleman to give the cats the lead in 1991 vs KU. And hanging on to win it. The last play in the end zone when a cat knocked away the potential game winning TD, I jumped in the air, caught my foot on a step, rolled my ankle. Best/worst sprain of my life.