Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 263971 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1575 on: December 08, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »
So even though it may have cost them, a guy like KK was a super safe choice for the AD at the time.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 08, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »
Agreed, generally. But that’s IF it’s a popular choice. CK won’t be that. He’d have donors (myself included) take a wait and see approach. That’s playing from a position of weakness. It’s a pointless and unnecessary handicap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 08, 2018, 07:45:01 PM »
Managing 85 scholarships over 65, managing a much larger organization, a much larger budget, there's 50K tickets to sell, there's 70 suites to fill, there's 3000 high dollar stadium club seats to fill. 

You're not game planning against Colgate, you're game planning against guys who are standing up on the podium in NYC.  Make fun of B12 D's all you want.   OU will get better, Texas will get better.  It's game planning for 9 plus weeks straight to play P5 teams.   

NDSU beat K-State, beat Iowa State, beat Iowa . . . good for them, but each of those programs has proven they can crap the bed to nearly anybody on any given Saturday, and they've proven it repeatedly.  My gawd Drake was beating Iowa State for a lot of the game. 

It aint the same. 

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 08, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »
Managing 85 scholarships over 65, managing a much larger organization, a much larger budget, there's 50K tickets to sell, there's 70 suites to fill, there's 3000 high dollar stadium club seats to fill. 

You're not game planning against Colgate, you're game planning against guys who are standing up on the podium in NYC.  Make fun of B12 D's all you want.   OU will get better, Texas will get better.  It's game planning for 9 plus weeks straight to play P5 teams.   

NDSU beat K-State, beat Iowa State, beat Iowa . . . good for them, but each of those programs has proven they can crap the bed to nearly anybody on any given Saturday, and they've proven it repeatedly.  My gawd Drake was beating Iowa State for a lot of the game. 

It aint the same.
if your bragging rights are you beat ksu once and isu once then you really have never accomplished much in college fb

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 08, 2018, 08:01:59 PM »
Any new developments, blackcats?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 08, 2018, 08:07:29 PM »
Well we’re completely mumped for starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 08, 2018, 08:08:11 PM »
I hate the Klieman coach more than anyone but let's not pretend like any recruit gives a crap about a letter or call from Ndsu if they're also getting calls or letters from Kstate or Iowa state type schools.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 08, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »
i'm in the "what's it matter, it's a crapshoot anyway" stage of this coaching search.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 08, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »
I hate the Klieman coach more than anyone but let's not pretend like any recruit gives a crap about a letter or call from Ndsu if they're also getting calls or letters from Kstate or Iowa state type schools.
Lets not pretend Phoenix sproles had offers from both of those Iowa schools
titletown..lulz

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 08, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »
Lets not pretend Phoenix sproles had offers from both of those Iowa schools
Dollar cost averaging, I'm right
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 08, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »
I'm hearing some good things about the head football coach at NDSU.  I may not chop my balls off if he were offered the job.
Yep.  Me and lakes will be posting here more often.  Congrats goEMAW!
Real talk. You guys obv have a system, but I don’t see why Bizon fans wouldn’t be worried about losing this dude if he is such a stud. So why not?

Also, who is better Klieman or Bohls?
I'll be honest with you..CK did take the reins from bohl 5 years ago but he's been here the whole tenure and hes made the best program better. All of his defenses has been #1 or close to it. His team right now is top 15 in the country with his recruits.  I think theres a blueprint on ndsus success that would flourish at kstate. It all starts on the OL where he'll get those strong Kansas small town farm boys mad and gel together.

He'll hopefully scrap the stupid ass spread and get a real man's offense. CK will have coached Wentz and now Stick...one was 2nd overall and Easton is going to rocket up the draft boards because hes been a pro style his entire career...now hes calling audibles like Carson.

As an ndsu fan, CK as a coach is too good for fcs.   I haven't gone to a game all year because they've been blowouts.

I actually wouldn’t mind Klieman as a DC. I’d be pretty stoked. I mean, he could make more money at KSU as a DC.
i dont think Klieman would leave to DC unless it was for a premier program. he's got job security at NDSU for life. he's got 3 years at KState and if he can't coordinate whats given to him then the pitchfork mob is calling for his head.

Moorehead at Mississippi State gave up his role as an FCs head coach for OC at Penn State because he knew that’s what he needed to be a P5 head coach.  Likewise, Taylor gave up his role as AD for NDSU to be an assistant at Iowa to become a P5 AD.  It seems like a logical stepping stone if that is Kleinman’s goal.... Kleinman and Seiler on defense and Norvell as a head coach and then I a excited!

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 08, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »
If it's CK.....then super scared to observe the death of Kstate football.....so then it would be some kind of other God damm miracle to dig out of......I just think the fans are paranoid to go back to the basement....and so am I.....Gene has a extremely I'm important hire....one that is not to be taken lightly 😐
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 08, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
I'm hearing some good things about the head football coach at NDSU.  I may not chop my balls off if he were offered the job.
Yep.  Me and lakes will be posting here more often.  Congrats goEMAW!
Real talk. You guys obv have a system, but I don’t see why Bizon fans wouldn’t be worried about losing this dude if he is such a stud. So why not?

Also, who is better Klieman or Bohls?
I'll be honest with you..CK did take the reins from bohl 5 years ago but he's been here the whole tenure and hes made the best program better. All of his defenses has been #1 or close to it. His team right now is top 15 in the country with his recruits.  I think theres a blueprint on ndsus success that would flourish at kstate. It all starts on the OL where he'll get those strong Kansas small town farm boys mad and gel together.

He'll hopefully scrap the stupid ass spread and get a real man's offense. CK will have coached Wentz and now Stick...one was 2nd overall and Easton is going to rocket up the draft boards because hes been a pro style his entire career...now hes calling audibles like Carson.

As an ndsu fan, CK as a coach is too good for fcs.   I haven't gone to a game all year because they've been blowouts.

I actually wouldn’t mind Klieman as a DC. I’d be pretty stoked. I mean, he could make more money at KSU as a DC.
i dont think Klieman would leave to DC unless it was for a premier program. he's got job security at NDSU for life. he's got 3 years at KState and if he can't coordinate whats given to him then the pitchfork mob is calling for his head.

Moorehead at Mississippi State gave up his role as an FCs head coach for OC at Penn State because he knew that’s what he needed to be a P5 head coach.  Likewise, Taylor gave up his role as AD for NDSU to be an assistant at Iowa to become a P5 AD.  It seems like a logical stepping stone if that is Kleinman’s goal.... Kleinman and Seiler on defense and Norvell as a head coach and then I a excited!

Yup.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 08, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
Stop calling this loser CK.

I’ve been going with Pete’s nomination of eff head. FH?

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 08, 2018, 09:09:10 PM »
IF CK, The stadium attendance will look like the last home game in17 degrees, except it will be the home opener at 92......revenue dropping  :surprised:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: December 08, 2018, 09:16:11 PM »
Don’t think chingon has the balls to ban black cats but I guess we shall see
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1591 on: December 08, 2018, 09:22:42 PM »
I'm curious to see as well. 

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 08, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
To be clear,  I believe he can coach....but he sure as hell can't recruit......with a roster devoid of talent,  this is a big long term problem,  which,  if played out,  will lead to a bottom feeder team looking for a miracle........again 😶

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 08, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »
Clitz Hymen
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 08, 2018, 09:30:03 PM »
To be clear,  I believe he can coach....but he sure as hell can't recruit......with a roster devoid of talent,  this is a big long term problem,  which,  if played out,  will lead to a bottom feeder team looking for a miracle........again
He has clearly outrecruited his peers, as well as programs a level or two above him.

https://trib.com/news/local/why-are-football-recruits-choosing-north-dakota-state-over-wyoming/article_beb04429-3206-5e12-bcb4-b659f8929412.html

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 08, 2018, 09:36:09 PM »
i'm in the "what's it matter, it's a crapshoot anyway" stage of this coaching search.

Same. I just want hot jackets at this point.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 08, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »
I'm curious to see as well.

Not yet.  :dunno:
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 08, 2018, 09:41:53 PM »
To be clear,  I believe he can coach....but he sure as hell can't recruit......with a roster devoid of talent,  this is a big long term problem,  which,  if played out,  will lead to a bottom feeder team looking for a miracle........again
He has clearly outrecruited his peers, as well as programs a level or two above him.

https://trib.com/news/local/why-are-football-recruits-choosing-north-dakota-state-over-wyoming/article_beb04429-3206-5e12-bcb4-b659f8929412.html
so your argument is that he can out recruit Wyoming in Big Sky country?...do you realize the level of athlete it takes to compete with OU and Texas? ...Jesus rough ridin' Christ  :jerk:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: December 08, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »

so your argument is that he can out recruit Wyoming in Big Sky country?...do you realize the level of athlete it takes to compete with OU and Texas? ...Jesus rough ridin' Christ  :jerk:

I don't expect any coach at KSU to outrecruit Texas or Oklahoma, I expect him to compete for recruits with Oklahoma State and Iowa State and West Virginia
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:47:32 PM by michigancat »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: December 08, 2018, 09:53:34 PM »
Neal Brown is our best option at this point isn’t he.