Author Topic: That guy that was Trump's attorney for X years  (Read 8674 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: That guy that was Trump's attorney for X years
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
Sure guys. If this is what you want to hang on your hat on, knock yourselves out. I’m sorry the whole Russia thing didn’t pan out for you. You’re now hoping to impeach the president for, at worst, a technical campaign finance violation, and even that is extremely suspect. And for what, to hush up something embarrassing but hardly illegal. A millionaire playboy behaving like a millionaire playboy.

Any rational, objective person would realize how absurd and nakedly political this play is, but I don’t expect you to be rational or objective. So run with it! Enjoy every tweeted twist and turn of this new earth shattering “worse than watergate” “now we’ve finally got him” scandal. I think you’re ultimately setting yourself up for disappointment, but you can ride this a while longer.

well you can abandon your religious stance then.

Beg pardon? Donald Trump holds a political office. I can support him based upon his policies regardless about how I feel about his personal morals or lack thereof. That’s just a silly cheap shot.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »
See, I don’t even know what you mean by “grasping.” Most people (including the guy they just convinced for it) think Trump broke the law. And we pretty much know what the liberal (and conservative) reaction would have been if Trump paid and disclosed the funds in accordance with federal law, because a lot worse has already come out about the intermingling and waste of funds from the Trump Foundation. Most people’s heads stayed intact.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »
Sure guys. If this is what you want to hang on your hat on, knock yourselves out. I’m sorry the whole Russia thing didn’t pan out for you. You’re now hoping to impeach the president for, at worst, a technical campaign finance violation, and even that is extremely suspect. And for what, to hush up something embarrassing but hardly illegal. A millionaire playboy behaving like a millionaire playboy.

Any rational, objective person would realize how absurd and nakedly political this play is, but I don’t expect you to be rational or objective. So run with it! Enjoy every tweeted twist and turn of this new earth shattering “worse than watergate” “now we’ve finally got him” scandal. I think you’re ultimately setting yourself up for disappointment, but you can ride this a while longer.

Beg pardon? Donald Trump holds a political office. I can support him based upon his policies regardless about how I feel about his personal morals or lack thereof. That’s just a silly cheap shot.

Fair enough.  You would agree you forfeit any commentary on other officials based on their non-official behavior right?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2018, 11:45:44 AM »
He was really dumb for paying and trying to conceal Stormy.  Perhaps not the exact names and dates, but everyone already knew he did that stuff.  That lifestyle was already ignored or celebrated by supporters.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »
KSUW, most posters ITT are just acknowledging that Trump probably broke federal laws as a candidate. You’re the one in make believe world pretending (1) it’s not against the law, and (2) WITCH HUNT.

Just act like a rational person for a second.

I am. And as I have explained, the law is far from clear that paying these funds constituted a campaign contribution. Do you really want to contend that this was a campaign expense? If so, he could have used campaign funds to pay for it. I can’t even imagine the liberal head explosion if that happened. You are grasping at, at worst, a technical violation of ambiguous laws, and even that is a stretch.

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/those-payments-to-mistresses-were-unseemly-that-doesnt-mean-they-were-illegal/2018/08/22/634acdf4-a63b-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html

This is fascinating. KSUW, what makes the law ambiguous in this case?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2018, 12:26:18 PM »
Also, related question - do you know why SuperPACs can collect accept huge donations from individuals while campaigns cannot?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2018, 01:24:24 PM »

Yeah, he just represents me. Why would I care if he has any morals?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »
KSUW, most posters ITT are just acknowledging that Trump probably broke federal laws as a candidate. You’re the one in make believe world pretending (1) it’s not against the law, and (2) WITCH HUNT.

Just act like a rational person for a second.

I am. And as I have explained, the law is far from clear that paying these funds constituted a campaign contribution. Do you really want to contend that this was a campaign expense? If so, he could have used campaign funds to pay for it. I can’t even imagine the liberal head explosion if that happened. You are grasping at, at worst, a technical violation of ambiguous laws, and even that is a stretch.

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/those-payments-to-mistresses-were-unseemly-that-doesnt-mean-they-were-illegal/2018/08/22/634acdf4-a63b-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html

This is fascinating. KSUW, what makes the law ambiguous in this case?

I am far from an expert on campaign finance. Nobody on this board is. But I can read the opinions of other experts who can acknowledge that the law is murky at best. You can start with the WaPo article I linked.

This thread has become the next Trump-Russia fever swamp. Have fun mucking about. I really, honestly don't care and I've already descended way too far into an issue that is so frankly unimportant. The Dems will take the house or they won't. And if they do, they'll start impeachment proceedings, and we'll see how that works out politically for them. This is all political. I see nothing even close to approaching a high crime or misdemeanor that would call into question my support for Trump. You don't either, not really, you don't care, and that's ok with me.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2018, 04:17:04 PM »
I do agree, impeachment is dumb for everyone.  They won’t do it but they will act like they could.  It’s better that way anyway

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »
He was really dumb for paying and trying to conceal Stormy.  Perhaps not the exact names and dates, but everyone already knew he did that stuff.  That lifestyle was already ignored or celebrated by supporters.

Considering his narrow victory it may have played a big role in the overall election.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2018, 07:51:21 PM »
I like my President to bang babes I’d like to bang, it makes me feel gross when my President bangs trailer
Trash skanks, and I really am sicked out when they get rapey with middle aged gross outs
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »
I like my President to bang babes I’d like to bang, it makes me feel gross when my President bangs trailer
Trash skanks, and I really am sicked out when they get rapey with middle aged gross outs

good trump voter bio here

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2018, 09:32:39 PM »

I wasn’t sure who you were so I checked out your Twitter in your tagline, it was a cornucopia of hot takes
 :cheers:

That one where SBnation was hyping mississippi state, and you go “well for starters they suck”  oh man
You just destroyed SBnation
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:49:00 PM by Tubesock »
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2018, 09:38:29 PM »
Definitely looking forward to many years of investigations into Trump Organization.

https://twitter.com/cliffordlevy/status/1032801377486098432

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1032672183536033793
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »
For real