Author Topic: Building a Mosque near ground zero  (Read 39678 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Building a Mosque near ground zero
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:21:38 AM »
It's pretty dumb that people are actually against this.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Re: Building a Mosque near ground zero
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:37 AM »
But those jihadists are the ones that knocked the towers down!

:curse:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
Some people are bigots.  No surprise.  Not very nice, either.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »
It's pretty dumb that people are actually against this.

agree 100%.

:eek:

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
I'm 100% for it so long as someone flys a jumbo jet into it during Friday prayers.  :users:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:37:56 AM »
I think it will be awesome when they add that tile mosaic mural of the planes crashing into the towers. Free speech.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
And dedicating it on September 11, 2011.

I don't see anything that could possibly be wrong with that.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
And dedicating it on September 11, 2011.

I don't see anything that could possibly be wrong with that.

Me neither.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
Typical libs...everyone (read Americans/whites/men/straight people/Christians/etc) must be thenthitive to all others, but other groups don't have to be.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »
How about we build a chapel dedicated to Richard the Lionheart just outside of mecca?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »
How about we build a chapel dedicated to Richard the Lionheart just outside of mecca?

Sorry, non-muslims are not allowed in the area.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »
Typical libs...everyone (read Americans/whites/men/straight people/Christians/etc) must be thenthitive to all others, but other groups don't have to be.

I don't think black conservative atheists should be pissed about this either.  :dunno:

And aren't the muslims opening this American?  :dunno:

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 05:50:52 PM »
What are their stated reasons for choosing that location and that date?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 06:25:15 PM »

I don't think black conservative atheists should be pissed about this either.  :dunno:

I'd understand the rage if it were a statue of Osama Bin Laden.  Guess I don't see the connection though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »
 :eye:

Sura 9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »

I'd understand the rage if it were a statue of Osama Bin Laden.  Guess I don't see the connection though.

Imam Rauf is the leader of the mosque.

Omar Ahmad is the head of CAIR, primary funder for the mosque.

Back in 2004, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was invited to speak in Sydney, Australia, by Premier Bob Carr. According to an article that was published at the time in the Sydney Morning Herald, Imam Rauf stated, "The U.S. and the West must acknowledge the harm they have done to Muslims before terrorism can end." Published on March 21, 2004, the article quoted the Imam from New York. "Speaking from his New York mosque, Imam Feisal said the West had to understand the terrorists' point of view." Rauf further stated, "The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians. But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets."

"The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians…" Really? Wow, glad that was cleared up. So where did that stack of dead bodies (from the 15,297 terrorist attacks perpetrated in the name of Jihad and Islam since 9/11) come from?

"The West had to understand the terrorists' point of view." Actually, I do understand their point of view. I have read the Koran, the Hadith and the Sira. This so-called "religion of peace" is nothing of the sort. I think the founder of CAIR (the Council of American-Islamic Relations), Omar Ahmad, summed it up best when he said, "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth." This statement has been widely reported over the years, but it appears Mr. Rauf is counting on the ignorance of many people to win this argument. Ahmad's statement reflects nothing more than a fervent wish for domination, pure and simple.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/732/the-apple-doesnt-fall-far

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
What are their stated reasons for choosing that location and that date?

Cultural outreach from Islam to America; the date was chosen as a "memorial" to the "victims" (obviously the 19 victims most relevant to Islam, not the thousands of Infidels who were killed). 

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »

I don't think   :dunno:

Truest thing you've ever said on this board.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
If I had a family member that died on 9/11 I'd be upset.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
If I had a family member that died on 9/11 I'd be upset.

Even imagine what it would be like to live in NY and have witnessed.  Slap in the face.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
It would just begging for some sort of retaliatory action by a nut job.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »

Back in 2004, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was invited to speak in Sydney, Australia, by Premier Bob Carr. According to an article that was published at the time in the Sydney Morning Herald, Imam Rauf stated, "The U.S. and the West must acknowledge the harm they have done to Muslims before terrorism can end." Published on March 21, 2004, the article quoted the Imam from New York. "Speaking from his New York mosque, Imam Feisal said the West had to understand the terrorists' point of view." Rauf further stated, "The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians. But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets."

"The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians…" Really? Wow, glad that was cleared up. So where did that stack of dead bodies (from the 15,297 terrorist attacks perpetrated in the name of Jihad and Islam since 9/11) come from?

"The West had to understand the terrorists' point of view." Actually, I do understand their point of view. I have read the Koran, the Hadith and the Sira. This so-called "religion of peace" is nothing of the sort. I think the founder of CAIR (the Council of American-Islamic Relations), Omar Ahmad, summed it up best when he said, "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth." This statement has been widely reported over the years, but it appears Mr. Rauf is counting on the ignorance of many people to win this argument. Ahmad's statement reflects nothing more than a fervent wish for domination, pure and simple.

so is he a terrorist or something?  :dunno:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »

so is he a terrorist or something?  :dunno:

He's never blown himself up, so maybe not.   :jerk:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »
I think we should just consider all of America sacred ground and keep all muslims out.  Why risk it?  Problem solved!  :pbj:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 06:09:08 AM »
I think

Least true statement ever posted on this board