Author Topic: Building a Mosque near ground zero  (Read 39673 times)

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Building a Mosque near ground zero
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »
Typical libs...everyone (read Americans/whites/men/straight people/Christians/etc) must be thenthitive to all others, but other groups don't have to be.

I don't think black conservative atheists should be pissed about this either.  :dunno:

And aren't the muslims opening this American?  :dunno:
I'd understand the rage if it were a statue of Osama Bin Laden.  Guess I don't see the connection though.

Imam Rauf is the leader of the mosque.

Omar Ahmad is the head of CAIR, primary funder for the mosque.

Back in 2004, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was invited to speak in Sydney, Australia, by Premier Bob Carr. According to an article that was published at the time in the Sydney Morning Herald, Imam Rauf stated, "The U.S. and the West must acknowledge the harm they have done to Muslims before terrorism can end." Published on March 21, 2004, the article quoted the Imam from New York. "Speaking from his New York mosque, Imam Feisal said the West had to understand the terrorists' point of view." Rauf further stated, "The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians. But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets."

"The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians…" Really? Wow, glad that was cleared up. So where did that stack of dead bodies (from the 15,297 terrorist attacks perpetrated in the name of Jihad and Islam since 9/11) come from?

"The West had to understand the terrorists' point of view." Actually, I do understand their point of view. I have read the Koran, the Hadith and the Sira. This so-called "religion of peace" is nothing of the sort. I think the founder of CAIR (the Council of American-Islamic Relations), Omar Ahmad, summed it up best when he said, "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth." This statement has been widely reported over the years, but it appears Mr. Rauf is counting on the ignorance of many people to win this argument. Ahmad's statement reflects nothing more than a fervent wish for domination, pure and simple.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/732/the-apple-doesnt-fall-far

so is he a terrorist or something?  :dunno:

Terrorist is a word thrown around far too much. Is he an agent of terror? No. Does he want it to be law, that if you don't follow his religion and said religions laws, you will be arrested and most likely executed? Yes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »
Does he want it to be law, that if you don't follow his religion and said religions laws, you will be arrested and most likely executed? Yes.

We can throw someone in jail for that, right?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
Christians want their religion to be dominant, too.  Maybe we should ship all religious people somewhere else and get rid of most of our problems.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 12:13:16 PM »
Christians gave up killing non-believers centuries ago. Radical Muslims still do it, and would cut your head off given the opportunity. :flush:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »
Christians want their religion to be dominant, too.  

As do atheofascists.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »
Typical libs...everyone (read Americans/whites/men/straight people/Christians/etc) must be thenthitive to all others, but other groups don't have to be.

I don't think black conservative atheists should be pissed about this either.  :dunno:

And aren't the muslims opening this American?  :dunno:
I'd understand the rage if it were a statue of Osama Bin Laden.  Guess I don't see the connection though.

really?  They are dedicating it on 9/11/11 and you don't see even a tiny connection?

I'm not saying it is wrong or right (yet) but c'mon.  This has a Seth Myers "really?" sketch written all over it.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »
SNL was funniest pre-9/11

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Christians want their religion to be dominant, too.  Maybe we should ship all religious people somewhere else and get rid of most of our problems.

This may be the last time I ever agree with _Cat.

You took the words out of my mouth (or fingers since I'm typing). There's nothing stupider than going to foreign countries and trying to tell them what to think and how to live (like missionaries, you know). All they do is make people hate us plus they kidnap kids like in Haiti. I think getting rid of religion would probably get rid of most of our problems, too.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 11:37:07 PM »

You took the words out of my mouth (or fingers since I'm typing). There's nothing stupider than going to foreign countries and trying to tell them what to think and how to live (like missionaries, you know). All they do is make people hate us plus they kidnap kids like in Haiti. I think getting rid of religion would probably get rid of most of our problems, too.

I don't really think that religion drives most of our problems; money does. Religion is just used as a tool to motivate a following by the people in charge, i.e. terrorist leaders and government leaders. Getting rid of religion would just force these leaders to find a different tool.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 11:49:42 PM »

I don't really think that religion drives most of our problems; money does. Religion is just used as a tool to motivate a following by the people in charge, i.e. terrorist leaders and government leaders. Getting rid of religion would just force these leaders to find a different tool.

I understand what you're saying, and obviously religion isn't going to go away so it's really a moot point

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »
Sweet. Win (again).

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2010, 08:12:47 AM »
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »
Christians gave up killing non-believers centuries ago.
Unless you're an abortion doctor.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 05:51:47 PM »

Yes, you are right, many consider abortion killing. Don't even know if the baby was a non-believer.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »

Yes, you are right, many consider abortion killing. Don't even know if the baby was a non-believer.
Gotcha.   Then the Christian abortion doctors have killed thousands more than muslim terrorists have.  Sickening.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 08:28:35 PM »

Gotcha.   Then the Christian abortion doctors have killed thousands more than muslim terrorists have.  Sickening.

Not really. Anybody can pretend they are a Christian, but a true believer wouldn't perform an abortion.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »

Not really. Anybody can pretend they are a Christian, but a true believer wouldn't perform an abortion.
:lol: , how many "true muslims" do you actually know?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »

They don't destroy awesomely tall, elite looking buildings though.  Boom.  roasted.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 08:44:36 PM »

:lol: , how many "true muslims" do you actually know?

I don't know, maybe a few. I don't talk religion with them.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »

Many Muslims would say a true muslim wouldn't run a plane into a tower of innocent people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »

Many Muslims would say a true muslim wouldn't run a plane into a tower of innocent people.

True, that's why am always careful to classify radical Muslims as the terrorists.  Just like the radical Christians they are the "ends justify the means" people, even if it goes against a core belief.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »

True, that's why am always careful to classify radical Muslims as the terrorists.  Just like the radical Christians they are the "ends justify the means" people, even if it goes against a core belief.

Actually the ends justify the means people in the West tend to be more often on the anti-Christian side.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2010, 11:18:45 PM »

Actually the ends justify the means people in the West tend to be more often on the anti-Christian side.
I was thinking about the anti-abortion terrorists, but yea, the eco-terrorists tend to be liberal atheists.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2010, 12:36:02 AM »

Gotcha.   Then the Christian abortion doctors have killed thousands more than muslim terrorists have.  Sickening.

True, that's why am always careful to classify radical Muslims as the terrorists.  Just like the radical Christians they are the "ends justify the means" people, even if it goes against a core belief.
Then what the shazbot! was the point of your post to begin with besides being condescending?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »

Gotcha.   Then the Christian abortion doctors have killed thousands more than muslim terrorists have.  Sickening.

True, that's why am always careful to classify radical Muslims as the terrorists.  Just like the radical Christians they are the "ends justify the means" people, even if it goes against a core belief.
Then what the shazbot! was the point of your post to begin with besides being condescending?

That radicalism is dangerous. I suppose it may be condescending to radicals, sorry.